SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Set sagemc/limit_external_to_extensions=mpg in your properties file

Dirk
I tried adding this to my sage.properties file-

sagemc/limit_external_to_extensions=mkv

but I still get other files like .avi opening in the external player.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
1) You can make your guide colorful by downloading and using the images in the below link:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=90
I used the glassy guide bar set included in that download. This all was provided by Meinmaui from this forum.
Nice. Somehow I missed that add-on. I wonder if Mike & Dirk could get the color-guide added as a built-in option in SageMC?

Here's another question I've been meaning to ask. Is there a way to get network logos into the guide in SageMC?
Old 02-02-2008, 10:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Nice. Somehow I missed that add-on. I wonder if Mike & Dirk could get the color-guide added as a built-in option in SageMC?

Here's another question I've been meaning to ask. Is there a way to get network logos into the guide in SageMC?
In the SageMC options in the settings screen there are options to enable guide coloring, along with options to enable channel logos in the guide.

There are even two options in how the guide is colored - image or property. You don't have to download anything extra to use the property version.

Btl.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Sage Icon

You can show the logo in the guide by setting Settings->Sage MC->Main->Screen Specific Options->EPG->Show Channel Logo in EPG. This requires that you have the logos installed in the Channel Logos folder.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:59 AM
SageTVaholic

That same location has the EPG coloring enabled / type settings also.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Okay,
I got the colored guide figured out - of course it was already built in because these guys think of everything

Now, I'm still not sure on the channel logos. Here's what I've done so far:

1. Downloaded a logo set from this thread, extracted the zip file and put all of the image files into the SageTV/SageTV/ChannelLogos directory.

2. Went to the Settings->Sage MC->Main->Screen Specific Options->EPG->Show Channel Logo in EPG
And enabled that option

3. Went back to the guide and I don't see the logos. I tried shutting down SageTV and Services and restarting, but still don't see them.

What am I doing wrong or missing?

EDIT: I am seeing a few of the logos, but not all. Do I need to rename some of them to the channel name (eg CBS should be renamed to KCTV etc?

Last edited by Brent; 02-02-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Sage Icon

The name of the logo must be the same as your station. For example, my local CBS affiliate is KRQE so the file name must be changed from CBS to KRQE.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
The name of the logo must be the same as your station. For example, my local CBS affiliate is KRQE so the file name must be changed from CBS to KRQE.
Got it. Thanks for the help - I figured it was something obvious like that....
Old 02-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Is there a way to restore that preview windows back to IMDB video cover.

Thank you
Bill

Edit : Found the setting for it and it restored. I was looking in the wrong location.
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x

Last edited by TechBill; 02-02-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm View Post
I have two minor problems:
1. I use MCE style menus with the menu spacer enabled. When it first loads, the space is present. I have created a sub-menu where I access the settings, video conversions and parental control. When I access this sub-menu, and then come back to the main menu, but space is gone. It will not come back until I restart or go into the dynamic menu through main menu options, disable and re-enable the space, and save. It will not come back if I go into the customize main menu-text-customize and disable/reinable here.

2. I still use TheaterTek to play DVDs. I have re-enabled using this external program, but when I launch a movie, TT launches and immediately closes. This was working in 6.3.6b. Also, the command script has not changed and will launch TT if I open it.

Thanks again for the hard work.
Steve
FYI,

Both of these issues should be fixed for the next maintenance release. (#1 definitely, #2 just requires testing to make sure the fix worked.) The log file really helped, thanks.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 02-02-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
FYI,

Both of these issues should be fixed for the next maintenance release. (#1 definitely, #2 just requires testing to make sure the fix worked.) The log file really helped, thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Thanks, Mike.

If you need me to help test, I'll be glad to. I'm just glad I wasn't the only one seeing the problem!!

Steve
Old 02-02-2008, 03:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Is import on mvp still broken in 6.3.7? I didn't add the jar because it said 6.3.6.

Thanks,

B
Old 02-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Mike,

Thank you very much for the info.
(And, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was a bit lost. )

Mitch
Old 02-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

Never mind. I fixed it 8-)

Thanks
Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x

Last edited by TechBill; 02-02-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have been using High Resolution Images for my video's but on my HDTV and my HD Extender they look kinda funny. The images are all around 700X1200. I am thinking this has something to do with the image resizing done within Sage . .. is there a reccomended resolution that people use that makes the images look nicer when the videos are configured to show 3 rows of 4 movies? Thanks!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Okay,
I got the colored guide figured out - of course it was already built in because these guys think of everything
I am attempting to do the same thing with the guide. I looked at the post above with all the different colors in the guide. However, I'm just trying to have sports and movies show up as different colors so I didn't copy all the files.

Now I'm a little confused on how to implement this. I found the options in SageMC that seem to control this.
Guide Coloring = Enabled
Guide Coloring Method = Image

Now how do I use the images to change the guide color? I looked in "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\Default" and I think I found all the images, however, I can't tell what images control the guide colors. Also, once I find the images that control the guide colors, I assume I have to add something in the filename so that it will be used. Sorry to ask so many questions, but I'm not clear how this works.

Also, on the main SageMC development post, there is a link to a wiki. Unfortunately, that link doesn't work. Is there really a wiki somewhere that talks about some of the SageMC options? This would be extremely helpful to new people like myself. I'm a little overwhelmed by all the options available to me - of course, it's also the thing that makes SageMC so great (WMC didn't have anything as nice as this).
Old 02-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelwood View Post
I am attempting to do the same thing with the guide. I looked at the post above with all the different colors in the guide. However, I'm just trying to have sports and movies show up as different colors so I didn't copy all the files.

Now I'm a little confused on how to implement this.
Never mind... Sorry to waste the post. I just figured it out (actually, it is very simple).

I had the directory correct for the SageMC default theme. Then you just need to copy in the images with the appropriate names. I didn't think it was working because I downloaded the images in this link (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=90), however, there isn't an image for the category "sports events" so when it didn't change color, I didn't think it was working. I just copied one of the sports files and renamed it (adding sports events) and everything worked great.

Thanks again for such a great application.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
I don't know what causes this, but I have noticed a pattern with SageMC and the HD extender. I have the latest firmware, well, a couple of days old firmware, and I noticed the extender will not come out of standby sometimes when SageMC is running as the theme. I tested this a couple of times in the past few days, and thought it might be the extender/firmware, but when I switched back to the default theme, standby mode hasn't locked up since. I am not sure how to tell you to reproduce this other than to hit the power button on the extender remote while watching tv, as if your going to bed, then come back a while later and try to power it up. I had to switch the power switch on the back to get it back.
I'm seeing the same thing also. I've had to switch to the default STV on my extenders because they are constantly locking up when in standby mode when running SageMC, but don't have a problem w/ the default STV.

I filed a bug with Sage, and they are looking at it, but no resolution yet.

btl.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:36 PM
SageTVaholic

OK - the default STV just had the problem. NOT a SageMC issue!

btl.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

When recording a series, is there a way to have the default configuration be to only record first runs for series?

Thanks,

Mitch
Closed Thread