SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Yes, the free should work just as well as the paid version, but the free requires a little bit of setup, versus the paid, which requires no setup, once registered. Check this thread for help on getting the free version setup. (Keep in mind, that that thread is a little dated, so some things might not look the same.) If you leave most things to default, that will get you up and going, then just ask questions, on how to change things, such as live commercial detection, and what not.

http://www.dragonglobal.org/forums/showthread.php?t=109

Actually, SA is handling HD pretty well these days. There were some growing pains a while back, where it worked only part of the time, but I'd say it's more like 90% or better now. I don't have a lot of HD shows recording right now, but will in the Fall...need to get another Fusion5 card!

The nice thing about the DM2 and SA combo, is that you can setup DM2 to run MULTIPLE instances of SA, so, for instance, if you have 3 tuners, and you want live detection. Well, if you happen to be recording 3 shows, and SA (only running one instance) is processing show #1, but you are watching show #2, guess what? You don't get live commercial detection, since SA hasn't run on the #2 show, and won't, until #1 is finished. With DM2, you can specify the amount of resources are required for each instance. For example, 33. You also specify the top amount of resources, such as 100 (normally), so you can see that 3 instances can now be running at one time, if needed. You can also specify inside of SA, how much CPU utilization SA can use, this will keep you from maxing out your CPU, and crashing Sage...

Anyway, probably overload, but there is a lot out there you can do...
Wow, sounds good. I'll start working on it now and probably be back with questions soon!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Sage Icon

Not a problem, you might want to post over on the DM2 or SA threads in this same sub-forum, so we don't get too far OT. (Don't worry, I'm subscribed to those threads as well!)
Old 07-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Not a problem, you might want to post over on the DM2 or SA threads in this same sub-forum, so we don't get too far OT. (Don't worry, I'm subscribed to those threads as well!)
Will do. FWIW, I was able to finally figure out both SA and DM, at least in terms of getting it all "working." Now comes the extensive tweaking process I guess, as the half dozen HD shows I've tried so far seem to have around a 50% success rate. I'm off to the Dragon forums, everyone else feel free to get back on topic!
Old 07-19-2006, 05:55 PM
Sage Icon

You can ask questions on the SA and DM2 forums here on Sage, as well, I'm not sure how many of the DG forums I'm actually subscribed to...

SA: http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=12242
DM2: http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=16318

Just be sure which thread to post in, about your particular question. Jere doesn't like getting them mixed up!
Old 07-20-2006, 11:12 AM
Sage Icon

My thoughts exactly...
Old 07-20-2006, 11:41 AM
SageTVaholic

One thing I have noticed is if I have a series Archived. When I go to recorded TV then the series... I see a lock meaning that it is archived or not deletable that is ok.

But it doesn't indicate which ones I have watched. There is no watched Icon. Is it that the lock Icon is replacing the watched Icon. Is there a way to make them both show?

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-20-2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
One thing I have noticed is if I have a series Archived. When I go to recorded TV then the series... I see a lock meaning that it is archived that is ok.

But it doesn't indicate which ones I have watched. There is no watched Icon. Is it that the lock Icon is replacing the watched Icon. Is there a way to make them both show?
Yes, currently the watched/dontlike/archived icons are all mutually exclusive. For the archive icon this will be fixed in the next version.

Dirk
Old 07-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
Flachbar,

What can I say, you've done it again, and again, and again..... Excellent job my man! The new 6.7 adds more great features, works flawlessy, and that new "Save" for partially recorded shows is worth switching to SageMC for JUST that feature alone!! I imagine you have seen the requests for that feature in Sage for much longer than I, and the way you implemented it was quite impressive. I figured it just couldn't be done without Sage changing the API or similar. You keep on this pace and I think Sage is going to have to bring you on as Staff!
Kudos from hear too. I get excited when I see a new SageMC release as much as I do a new SageTV release. (by the way they are falling behind you in updates and improvements!)

There was one feature I would really like and maybe others do too. How about implementing the alphabet jump table that is used for video albums for the video library as well? I must admit to having many imported videos and paging down to titles that start with something like "S" or "T" can take a while. If you are interested in implementing that Dirk, then look for the "ShowJumpTo" references.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Sage Expert

Archives vs No Archives views

I love your ability to group and filter the list. I see that "archives" can be filtered to show but not to "not show". I wonder if we could have a "list archives" or "don't list archives" option? This would better give me the ability to use archives as a sort-of pseudo folder the way I think Archives was originally intended.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Reset Watched flag

Can anyone tell me if the 'Reset Watched status when played again' is working for him ?

Dirk
Old 07-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Sage User

Changing Channels

I love this new SageMC. However, I don't know why I just now noticed it, but when I am watching TV, if I enter the number of a channel that is on another encoder, the channel looks like it is changing and then comes back to the orginal channel. BUT, if I goto the guide, switch channels and then back to the TV screen, it works fine. At first, I thought it might be a firewire changing channels problem, but that same sequence above WORKS in the default STV and Sage MC v5.10. Any ideas? Seems to be only because I am using SageMC 6.6?

Tuner Setup:
Channels 1-99 are on a Hauppauge tuner
100+ are on the Firewire STB Network Encoder
Old 07-21-2006, 06:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Can anyone tell me if the 'Reset Watched status when played again' is working for him ?

Dirk
I can confirm it is NOT working. Went into 2 Watched recordings and played. Timeline stayed silver and when I came back the "Watch" icon continued showing in the screens. Fix please.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageDonkey
I love this new SageMC. However, I don't know why I just now noticed it, but when I am watching TV, if I enter the number of a channel that is on another encoder, the channel looks like it is changing and then comes back to the orginal channel. BUT, if I goto the guide, switch channels and then back to the TV screen, it works fine. At first, I thought it might be a firewire changing channels problem, but that same sequence above WORKS in the default STV and Sage MC v5.10. Any ideas? Seems to be only because I am using SageMC 6.6?

Tuner Setup:
Channels 1-99 are on a Hauppauge tuner
100+ are on the Firewire STB Network Encoder
I'm on SageMC 6.7 and can CONFIRM this behaviour. Guide and Mini-guide work fine too. But any channel input on the video keeps it on the same channel even though it looks like it is changing. Fix please.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
I'm on SageMC 6.7 and can CONFIRM this behaviour. Guide and Mini-guide work fine too. But any channel input on the video keeps it on the same channel even though it looks like it is changing. Fix please.

Gerry
I just checked it with 6.7, it works absolutely fine here (I also have one tuner 1-99, and another one 1-999)

Dirk
Old 07-21-2006, 07:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there a chance of getting a progress bar on shows being watched in recording library? that's one thing I miss from the original STV.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Sage Expert

Should my "favorites" be showing up in the "Schedule" of upcoming recordings? I assume they should, but this is the first time I've started adding favorites (or season passes, whatever Sage calls them) and they're not showing up. Only individual shows that I manually select to record show up in my schedule. Is this just the way it works, or is there a way to change this?

Thanks.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
Should my "favorites" be showing up in the "Schedule" of upcoming recordings? I assume they should, but this is the first time I've started adding favorites (or season passes, whatever Sage calls them) and they're not showing up. Only individual shows that I manually select to record show up in my schedule. Is this just the way it works, or is there a way to change this?

Thanks.
Yes, "record series" should be showing up in the schedule of upcoming recordings, however, if you've just selected them, or changed some settings, it can take it a while before it actually shows up.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, "record series" should be showing up in the schedule of upcoming recordings, however, if you've just selected them, or changed some settings, it can take it a while before it actually shows up.
Hmm, the 'Series' and 'Manual Recording' icons are actually not supposed to show up in the Schedule / Recording list. Does it for you ?

Edit: never mind, you guys are obviously talking about the entries themselves, I meant the icons ...

Dirk
Old 07-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Sage Icon

Old 07-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Hmm... I'm not sure how much time you mean, but it's been a day or two already. I would assume this would be more than enough time.

I can go into the series list and see the episodes for each show and see that they're scheduled to record, and I can browse through the EPG and find the episodes and see the "series record" icon on them, but they're just not in the "schedule" list at all...
Closed Thread