SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Sage User

Can't install sage mc

I've been using sage MC for quite sometime. My hard drive just crashed in my media server, and I had to reload everything. I installed the latest version of SageTV, and SageMC. No matter what I do when I try to load the SageMC STV I just get a black screen with the menu text, that doesn't seem to refresh. I have checked the properties file and it's pointing to the correct file. Does any one have any idea why this would happen?
Old 11-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kck View Post
I've been using sage MC for quite sometime. My hard drive just crashed in my media server, and I had to reload everything. I installed the latest version of SageTV, and SageMC. No matter what I do when I try to load the SageMC STV I just get a black screen with the menu text, that doesn't seem to refresh. I have checked the properties file and it's pointing to the correct file. Does any one have any idea why this would happen?
Did you install the FULL version, or just the development version (latest version). The Full version will be a huge file, whereas the dev version will only be a few MB.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Did you install the FULL version, or just the development version (latest version). The Full version will be a huge file, whereas the dev version will only be a few MB.
I installed the full version.. it was around 29 megs. I've set it up before , a couple of times. Not sure why it's giving me issue now.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kck View Post
I installed the full version.. it was around 29 megs. I've set it up before , a couple of times. Not sure why it's giving me issue now.
Have you upgraded to the latest version of Java? (I think it's v1.6.0_3) I'm pretty sure v1.6+ is required for the most recent versions of SageMC.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Have you upgraded to the latest version of Java? (I think it's v1.6.0_3) I'm pretty sure v1.6+ is required for the most recent versions of SageMC.

Aloha,
Mike
Mike,
UGH, thanks. I had read before I posted that it should be 1.6 and I checked it. however, I use logmein.com to connect to my media server and when I checked the version of java, and checked it on the local machine, not the media server. So the java update resoved my issue.

Thanks.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBoneJones View Post
I've been having an issue with my setup. Every so often I get screen refresh issues. If the problem is present, everytime I toggle thru menus they are not properly cleared and redrawn. I get the previous image behind the current menu image. I've included an image below. The only way to stop the problem is a server restart.

It seems to happen after I've had the slideshow screensaver running for a while. That is, the slide show seems to run fine for a while showing picutres from my network share, then it gets stuck and leaves a black screen. The only way to get the clients (placeshifter and/or MVP) is to power cycle them. When they restart I have the screen refresh issues outlined above.

A bit about my setup: Server in basement running service mode (6.2.10.152 with SageMC 6.3.5.1) using the Foofaraw theme. Java version 1.6.0_03. 1 Placeshifter and 2 MVP clients. When the issue starts happening it happens on all clients. My Pictures/Video/Music point to separate network shares on a Windows Home Server system. The active recording space is a separate hard drive on the SageServer. If I enter into the detailed setup (original sage UI) from SageMC the problem goes away while inside these pages. When I exit the problem is still present.

I have enabled error logging but no log files are being generated when I have this issue.

Any toughts?
I had this exact problem after upgrading SageMC to the current version. However, I was running SageTV v 6.1.19, and I then upgraded that on my server and my Client PC (My client pc actually runs SageTV in client mode, not SageTVClient), and the problem cleared up. Although I cannot seem to switch themes. The images on the main menu switch (the My TV, My Videos, etc), but the colours do not
Old 11-22-2007, 01:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGun View Post
Although I cannot seem to switch themes. The images on the main menu switch (the My TV, My Videos, etc), but the colours do not
You probably have a custom background image defined. This will override any theme background. The setting for this is in the SageMC Options menu:

Settings >> SageMC >> Main >> Global UI Options >> Display >> Background Image

If the setting is not blank then clear it and you should be good to go.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You probably have a custom background image defined. This will override any theme background. The setting for this is in the SageMC Options menu:

Settings >> SageMC >> Main >> Global UI Options >> Display >> Background Image

If the setting is not blank then clear it and you should be good to go.

Aloha,
Mike
That was it I hadn't actually explicitly set one, so I assume it was a hangover from a previous version of SageMC.

Thank you.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Can someone please help?

I have tried and tried.. I cant figure it out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
It looks like no matter what I do, if I press the INFO button on my remote, I will get the DiskBar to toggle on or off. It doesnt matter what I have set in the Diskbar options under SageMC settings. How can I fix this? I need the info button to do something else.

Thanks,
Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-23-2007, 02:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

That's what the info button does in SageMC - it toggles that option. It's the same thing as the option in the SageMC settings.

If you want to use the button for something else I think you will have to use Studio to change SageMC yourself.

Client:
Sage Client 6.1.9, Java 1.6.0_01, AthlonXP 3000+, 512MB RAM, GeForce 6150, ForceWare 93.71, nForce 8.26, PureVideo 1.02-223, SageMC 6.3.2c
Old 11-23-2007, 08:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Mahoney, Dirk... or anyone.... Maybe I'm missing something... all I want to do is be able to use sageTV Options (same as mouse right-click in menus) on the sageMC interface when I press my INFO button on my remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney View Post
That's what the info button does in SageMC - it toggles that option. It's the same thing as the option in the SageMC settings.

If you want to use the button for something else I think you will have to use Studio to change SageMC yourself.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks Mahoney, Dirk... or anyone.... Maybe I'm missing something... all I want to do is be able to use sageTV Options (same as mouse right-click in menus) on the sageMC interface when I press my INFO button on my remote.
If that's all your trying to do, then just un-map your info button in detailed settings, and remap it to the options function.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
If that's all your trying to do, then just un-map your info button in detailed settings, and remap it to the options function.
You don't even need to do "un Map", when you select to map a button that is already mapped, it will give a warning that the key will be be unmapped from the original command.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Curious new problem with the newer version of SageMC:

My wife and I will be watching a show, and all of a sudden the On Screen Display will pop up, showing the title information at the top and the progress bar at the bottom. The remote is untouched several feet away. I have to hit the left button once or the options button twice to get it to go away. Sometimes it goes away after a few seconds on its own, but I've seen it stay with the OSD on for 60+ seconds.

This began with SageMC 6.3.4. I've set my menus to disappear for 3 seconds, two seconds, etc. and it doesn't make any difference. It does it on LiveTV and playback of DVD's and other movie files.

Driving me nuts, it is. Any ideas what I can check? Sage 6.2.10, Java 1.6, Sage MC 6.3.5 XP pro

Thanks,
Shawn
Old 11-24-2007, 04:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Unhappy Cant upgade SageMC to 6.3.5

Maybe I'm missing something very obvious, but I just tried overwrite sageMC with the 6.3.5 upgrade files.. but when I load the new sagemC stv, I get this very screwed up sageMC that looks like my old theme without hardly any graphics; the highlight bars are gone and a lot of the menu item are not working. If I remember correctly, when I select sageMC's STV, it's supported to reset any themes.

What am I doing wrong? I've upgrade sageMC many times in the past, I've never seen this before.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 11-24-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Maybe I'm missing something very obvious, but I just tried overwrite sageMC with the 6.3.5 upgrade files.. but when I load the new sagemC stv, I get this very screwed up sageMC that looks like my old theme without any graphics. If I remember correctly, when I select sageMC's STV, it's supported to reset any themes.

What am I doing wrong? I've upgrade sageMC many times in the past, I've never seen this before.
Make sure to choose sagemc169.xml and not the other.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Yes, thats what I did.

PS: I've already tried this multiple times, I dont think it's anything I'm doing wrong. I dont see any highlightbars for the menu buttons. I'm not sure what to try since there's really only one way to do this that I know of. I'd really like to update sageMC now since I have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Make sure to choose sagemc169.xml and not the other.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 11-24-2007 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, thats what I did.

PS: I've already tried this multiple times, I dont think it's anything I'm doing wrong. I dont see any highlightbars for the menu buttons. I'm not sure what to try since there's really only one way to do this that I know of. I'd really like to update sageMC now since I have the time.
Are you running the latest Java v1.6? Also, if you haven't already, try installing the full version of SageMC. You may have some out of date Jars.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-24-2007, 11:53 AM
SageTVaholic

I definitely have the latest Java... as far as the jars go.. i doubt they are out of date... they currently support just a slightly older version of SageMC... but I'll re-copy the jars over from the full SageMC package to see what happens...

Thanks for the tips!

Quote:
Are you running the latest Java v1.6? Also, if you haven't already, try installing the full version of SageMC. You may have some out of date Jars.

Aloha,
Mike

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-24-2007, 12:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I definitely have the latest Java... as far as the jars go.. i doubt they are out of date... they currently support just a slightly older version of SageMC... but I'll re-copy the jars over from the full SageMC package to see what happens...

Thanks for the tips!
I believe some changes were made specifically to support the new theme apparatus. Hopefully the new Jars will help.
Closed Thread