SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by opy01 View Post
I am new to SageTV, well I'm new to the entire HTPC thing. I just installed SageTV the other day and got everything working so now I am trying to improve it. I installed the SageMC 6.3.2 and had a little trouble with some of the menus so I went back to the original SageTV3.xml. I saw SageMC 6.3.3 so I again upgraded to see if that would fix it. I figured out some things but now I can't get to any of my sage recordings. If I go to SageTV Recordings in the main menu or Archived Recordings in the SageMC menu it says "Unkown Internal Screen". I can go back to the original SageTV3.xml and it works fine. Did I do something wrong or am I just an idiot?

Edit: So much for that edit. This sucks, I thought I had it but I keep getting errors. When I finally got it working there was only the main screen and the settings windows. No more internet services, no more IMDB, no more dynamic menus that work. Am I just doing something comepletely wrong? I followed the instructions exactly but it still doesnt work right. Isn't there a setup file that will make sure everything gets done right or is it just the zip file that I have to extract into the SageTV directory.
Its not just you, I had the same problem the other day when I tried to install SageMC on a new build of Sage 6.1.9. In the end I gave up, installed sage 6.0.19, then sagemc, tested and it was ok. I then upgraded to sage 6.1.9 and sagemc still worked ok.

I have no idea why you get these errors, I knew I could get it working with 6.0.19 so tried that route.

Hopefully someone here will have an idea whats up.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Its not just you, I had the same problem the other day when I tried to install SageMC on a new build of Sage 6.1.9. In the end I gave up, installed sage 6.0.19, then sagemc, tested and it was ok. I then upgraded to sage 6.1.9 and sagemc still worked ok.

I have no idea why you get these errors, I knew I could get it working with 6.0.19 so tried that route.

Hopefully someone here will have an idea whats up.
As soon as I get my other test machine running again, I'll try the fresh SageMC install onto 6.1.9 myself...

Dirk
Old 06-06-2007, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvpolekat View Post
Not sure if this is a SageTV problem or a SageMC problem.

But, is there any rhyme or reason to how music is displayed?

I have lots of compilation albums. Think those Time Life ones you see on late night TV.

Some of them in the "View By Album" display the album will only show up once, others, the album shows up for each and every track on them.

This is REALLY annoying.

I have redone all the tags on them to make 100% sure that they are identical and I cannot spot any difference between the ones that display properly and the ones that don't. I removed the import directories and reimported them all. as well.

Any ideas?
1. does the same happen with the default STV ?
2. enable debug logging, re-import, and look if there are any errors from the tag parser

Dirk
Old 06-06-2007, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
Yep, that was it. Why would that change on its own? Ive always had the icons show up in the guide.

thx

Technazz
Well, the manual record icon was actually broken in 6.3.2, and in 6.3.3 I added it to the icon configuration (default might be set to off...)

Dirk
Old 06-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to opy01 Send a message via MSN to opy01
I actually tried so many things I got confused and forgot half the stuff I tried. One of the things I ended up doing was installing a SageMC install EXE I got from somewhere then did the 6.3.2 update to that then the 6.3.3 and it almost worked but when I turned on dynamic menus to mess with that it crashed. I finally went back to the original SageTV3 file and played with other things just to get used to Sage. My new copy of Vista just got in so when I get home I will start loading it and once I get it somewhat working I will try reloading Sage 6.0.19 first then install MC then upgrade to 6.1.9. I love the look of the SageMC but it seems like its missing stuff. If its actually working properly will all the missing content be available? I also noticed I cant import STVi files with SageMC, is this normal?
Old 06-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I also noticed I cant import STVi files with SageMC, is this normal?
Yes, SageMC does not import .stvi files. Many imports designed for the stock UI files will not work with SageMC.

There are imports designed for SageMC and they are .xml files instead of .stvi. Some .stvi imports will work ok in SageMC if the file is renamed to .xml before importing. However, unless specified as SageMC safe, there are no guarantees that the renamed import won't mess up SageMC.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

I can handle that. As long as IMDB works I am happy. Two more questions. First, I noticed there was a comskip option in the setup mune, does this include comskip or do I still need to get comskip and this just reads the comskip file? Second, where can I get STV ver 6.0.19 so I can install like doc described to try and get it working properly?

Edit: Found a post that said where to get previous versions. But still wondering about the first question.

Last edited by opy01; 06-06-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Dirk,

I've been using SageMC for a month or so, and it simply rocks! I upgraded to the latest version in your .sig last night, and the improvements are excellent. (Thanks for adding my suggestion of optionally including "# more" on the recordings screen.)

Anyway, I have a feature request: With the RSS feeds, is there any way to have an option to make the story links "inactive"? THis would prevent an external browser from launching. We use the remote exclusively, so it's a real hassle to have to find the mouse just to dismiss the browser window. Currently, the RSS feeds show the headline and a simple blurb which is enough for our use.

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
STV: SageMC
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
First, I noticed there was a comskip option in the setup mune, does this include comskip or do I still need to get comskip and this just reads the comskip file? .
I beleive that, yes, there is a version of comskip included in SageMC, but the preferred way is to setup a standalone compskip or ShowAnalyser to do the commercial scanning and to have SageMC read the comskip/SA file.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Has the full installer package been updated yet? Still reporting 6.3.2c

B

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=141
Old 06-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

I use HiP to map the back and home buttons on the remote to close the browser window (Alt + F4) & restore focus to Sage. It's not quite perfect, because the back button also sends a back command to Sage, but it basically works. With IE set to full screen it looks fully integrated.

Client:
Sage Client 6.1.9, Java 1.6.0_01, AthlonXP 3000+, 512MB RAM, GeForce 6150, ForceWare 93.71, nForce 8.26, PureVideo 1.02-223, SageMC 6.3.2c
Old 06-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

ok I got Vista installed on my PC and SageTV and SageMC installed also. It totaly rocks! Other than the normal video card issues the only issue I had was importing the iTV into SMC. I finally gave up and copied the entire SageTV directory from my XP drive to the Vista drive and it worked great. It runs so much better than the XP drive did, maybe because SMC is the only thing installed so far, and I still havent gone in and done the performance tweaks yet. I still havent messed with the comskip but I got Mythbusters set to record today, maybe I will experiment. I also need to update to the latest version of Sage since I had to install 6.0.19 to get SMC to work in the first place but I really gotta say this is the best MC I've seen yet!
Old 06-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Sage Expert

Grouped Icons (feature request)

I like the new feature you added called "grouped watched icons". I'd like to see an option for "group ALL SageMC icons" from a generic point of view. If ALL the items in a given group are 1st Run, Watched, Archived, Intelligent Recordings, or whatever, I'd like to see the ICON for that status show up next to the item. Thanks for considering this.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 06-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Sage Expert

Intelligent Recordings icon is broken

This icon is in the correct place and correctly enabled in detailed setup and sagemc options. When the checkmark is placed in this category in SageMC options, it has no effect.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 06-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Sage Icon

Hi. I had an issue with some "errant" recordings being imported into Sage. These were not salvageable in terms of being seen as native sage recordings, but were automatically imported. I moved them to a special "archived movies" directory that is a video import directory, and Sage sees them all in there just fine.

When I do an IMDB lookup on the movie titles in SageMC, they are found just fine, I save them, including the cover. Selecting one of the titles shows the metadata for that title from IMDB was imported just fine, but instead of a cover image from IMDB, a thumbnail from the video is displayed, just as if it was a sage recording. It ignores the cover .jpg file that's in the directory.

How do I get it to display the cover image that IMDB provided instead of the video snapshot?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-12-2007, 12:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
Hi. I had an issue with some "errant" recordings being imported into Sage. These were not salvageable in terms of being seen as native sage recordings, but were automatically imported. I moved them to a special "archived movies" directory that is a video import directory, and Sage sees them all in there just fine.

When I do an IMDB lookup on the movie titles in SageMC, they are found just fine, I save them, including the cover. Selecting one of the titles shows the metadata for that title from IMDB was imported just fine, but instead of a cover image from IMDB, a thumbnail from the video is displayed, just as if it was a sage recording. It ignores the cover .jpg file that's in the directory.

How do I get it to display the cover image that IMDB provided instead of the video snapshot?

Thanks,
Mike
I haven't tried it myself, but someone in another thread posted that you should set the following property:

Code:
video_thumbnail_generation=false
Old 06-12-2007, 06:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Did you restart the UI after you saved the IMDB image ? The Sage core caches the cover art in memory, and the only way to refresh it is to restart...

Dirk
Old 06-12-2007, 06:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
This icon is in the correct place and correctly enabled in detailed setup and sagemc options. When the checkmark is placed in this category in SageMC options, it has no effect.
The intelligent recordings icon is only displayed for scheduled IR recordings. Once it has been recorded, there is afaik no way to find out if an airing has been recorded via IR or 'normally' - there is no tag/attribute in the database which would indicate that. Hence there is no way to display an icon for existing recordings.

Or are you saying that you don't even get the icon on scheduled IR shows ?

Dirk
Old 06-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Did you restart the UI after you saved the IMDB image ? The Sage core caches the cover art in memory, and the only way to refresh it is to restart...

Dirk
Yes. I restarted it but the video thumbnails still show up. I did not restart the server however. Is that required too?

I like the video thumbnails for recordings, but I don't understand why they trump jpg covers in the directory. Do I have to disable video thumbnails for everything to get this to work?

BTW, the same behavior occurs in the default UI.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-12-2007, 10:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I did not restart the server however. Is that required too?
Only for PS / MVP...

Quote:
I like the video thumbnails for recordings, but I don't understand why they trump jpg covers in the directory. Do I have to disable video thumbnails for everything to get this to work?
You shouldn't have to. Are you talking about DVDs or single video files ?

Dirk
Closed Thread