SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 11:53 AM
SageTVaholic

How are people controlling Placeshifter with the SageMC interface? I just tried it and couldnt do much as far as controlling a movie to FF/REW/STOP. I could only pause and play. Dirk would you please consider adding mouse support in the next release of SageMC (ie being able to actually click on the REC/REC conflict icons on top right, etc). You could add this as an option.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
Yes, I have noticed this as well, it is especially annoying when you have extra long recording times such as when recording sports... which I usually have start 15 minutes early to catch some of the pregame commentary, and end 45 minutes late to catch possible overtime or long games.

Another annoyance with the is when checking the schedule, it only shows the length of the program, not the scheduled recording time. The stock STV properly shows how long it will be recording.
I have put my SageTV to start by default 5 minutes earlier, and end 15 minutes later (yep, over here some stations are 'flexible' in sticking to the program). I have to do a FBW before I can start watching some recordings. I guess the idea behind how SageTV works is that it shows the recorded section which should contain the program you recorded, this based on the guide times, and excludes the 'security' parts.
If there would be a switch to select actual or theoretical (as per guide) showing, I would also go for the actual (= show full timeline, including 'security' time)

I do not understand you schedule problem. When I go in the Schedule and have focus on one scheduled recording, I see at bottom the station number and name + start and end time. I do not see the duration however. I included a screenshot. Did I misunderstand your problem maybe?

Jan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scheduler.JPG (46.5 KB, 323 views)
Old 05-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Sage User

Unhappy Commercial Skippin For Idiots

I relatively knew to SageTV and I'm having a few problems sorting out the com skiping feature so please bear with me.

At present I'm using ShowAnayzer to detect the commercials - well i'm trying to. I've set it up inconjunction with DirMon 2 to automatically process the .mpg file from Sage just as described here:

http://www.dragonglobal.org/forums/showthread.php?t=562

It all seems to work fine and SA out puts a .txt and an .edl file. Using an episode of Friends as an example i get:

.txt file = FILE PROCESSING COMPLETE

and the .edl file = 1797.84 1797.84 0

However when playing back the recording the video just stops as the commercials start and the audio continues. Nor do I get breaks in the timeline as described by other users.

When I use SchoolHouse to check what SA is seeing it locates the start and end of the commercials almost exactly.

Anyone got any ideas?
Old 05-15-2007, 06:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Recorded TV (Grouped)

Why doesn't Recorded TV (Grouped)....

Group movies? I see them scattered all over the place. Is there a way to fix this?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Sage Expert

Audio OK but Video not playing on avi files

I get thumbnails but no video for my avi files when playing through SageMC. Interestingly, they play via media player but not via SageMC. I'm using the latest copy. What gives?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 05-15-2007, 08:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
I get thumbnails but no video for my avi files when playing through SageMC. Interestingly, they play via media player but not via SageMC. I'm using the latest copy. What gives?
Do the avi's play normally using the default STV?
Old 05-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Do the avi's play normally using the default STV?
Nope, not well there either.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 05-16-2007, 01:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

When trying to change the name of the video in "edit title" there is no "OK" button... I swear there used to be... where did it go? I can't change the names now.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way to group two video files?

Lets say you have a 2 .avi movies, part 1 and part 2 - how do u group them to play gapless?

Also, is there a way to assign metadata to a folder instead of a file?

Ie, folder Babel contains two file a.avi and b.avi - I'd like the folder to contain info regarding the movie, cover image, etc instead of the individual file.

Thanks
Old 05-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

I finally got around to installing the full SageMC 6.3.2c (it was sadly a necessity as a fan failure cooked my PVR system).

Its working very well. I did notice two problems, though:

1. If you make a queue, and shuffle mode is on, it doesn't seem to play every song in the queue. In fact, my queue of 14 songs ended after 2 songs.

2. In the music module, if you change from view by albums to view by artists, it remembers that change for next time (good). If you go into an artist though and change from view by album to view by song, it doesn't (not so good). My music is organized by artist\song instead of by albums, so this just drives me nuts.

Other than those two issues, its working very nicely. Love this STV.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Questions:

I am not sure if it is just me, but it seems that SageMC will not use the default recording quality for a tuner even if one is not set for that tuner, ie for my pvr-150, I have to set it to "Best", if nothing is selected for that tuner it records at "Great" rather than the default which is "Best".

The menus seem to be "fading" as if they are animated, I have UI Animations disabled but they continue to do so. Any thoughts?
Old 05-16-2007, 05:58 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm pretty sure there is a separate property value for the fade transition setting. I think it is something like:

menu_xtn_fade=false
Old 05-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Sage User

Focus when pressing select or enter

I'm running SageMC on XP with dual monitors. If I'm using the computer while she is clicking through the SageTV menus, the focus is transferred to SageTV whenever she presses select/enter and not any other buttons. I've tried using TweakUI to tell applications not to lose focus and I've tried to unlink the ENTER keystroke from the select command, but neither of these work. Focus is also lost when the SageTV screen saver appears. I can live with the screen saver causing it to lose focus, but the ENTER keystroke is rather annoying. Any suggestions on this?
Thanks,
skyw33
Old 05-17-2007, 01:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Dynamic Menu fails to save

I updated My Menu (using latest SageMC), but can not save it. I get an error "Menu file write failed -- see logfile". How is that logfile named and where can it be found?

I also noticed that when saving at another location, I can not enter a name. The browse requires that I select an existing file. Is this normal?

Jan

PS: this may be linked to VISTA's UAC, but need first to understand why it does not save (what's the error) before concluding this.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis View Post
I updated My Menu (using latest SageMC), but can not save it. I get an error "Menu file write failed -- see logfile". How is that logfile named and where can it be found?

I also noticed that when saving at another location, I can not enter a name. The browse requires that I select an existing file. Is this normal?

Jan

PS: this may be linked to VISTA's UAC, but need first to understand why it does not save (what's the error) before concluding this.
Jan,

If the menu file is being written to c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv\sagemcmenu.xml... it will be protected by UAC. However, you can load the menus from a non protected area.

B
Old 05-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

I really do search but my eyes are bleeding, I have been using comskip monitor with much success, I have been thinking of switching to Dirmon so I can just run comskip or showanalyzer on specific channels but I cannot find specific how tos or a definitive answer, can this be done and does it involve any settings with sagemc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I'm pretty sure there is a separate property value for the fade transition setting. I think it is something like:

menu_xtn_fade=false
Thanks, I will give it a shot.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus View Post
I really do search but my eyes are bleeding, I have been using comskip monitor with much success, I have been thinking of switching to Dirmon so I can just run comskip or showanalyzer on specific channels but I cannot find specific how tos or a definitive answer, can this be done and does it involve any settings with sagemc?
I believe Dirmon/SA is designed to do just that. I think you have to install nielm's web server to provide access to the metadata. It can then extract the data it needs to filter by favorite, channel, etc. There are no additional settings in SageMC. Just set SA to generate .edl files (or .txt, but .edl is much better) and SageMC will use them automatically. I think geogecko wrote a guide on how to set up Dirmon/SA. That might be a good place to start. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 05-18-2007, 03:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Jan,

If the menu file is being written to c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv\sagemcmenu.xml... it will be protected by UAC. However, you can load the menus from a non protected area.

B
But how to save them? I did create an xml in a non-protected area, but still Sage wouldn't save it.

Jan
Old 05-18-2007, 04:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Anyone can tell where the OK button has gone in Edit Title?
Old 05-18-2007, 04:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis View Post
But how to save them? I did create an xml in a non-protected area, but still Sage wouldn't save it.

Jan
Interesting, I haven't tried this myself.. If you load a file from a different directory, when you try to save the file it wants to put it back to the Sage program directory? That sounds like an issue to me.

B
Closed Thread