SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Trouble with tribbles... umm... themes

I'm tinkering with my own theme and having a blast. But I am having a little trouble in some cases figuring out which images are used where in the GUI.

Is there some kind of SageMC 16x9 layout reference somewhere? I can keep experimenting, but it's a bit cumbersome to modfy an image and restart Sage over and over until I find it!

A couple of examples -

I'd like to customize the progress bar on the OSD (the one at the bottom when playing video content), but modifying the osd_progress_x graphics doesn't seem to take.

I'd also like to experiment with some different backgrounds on the OSD menus and overlays, but no luck there either (other than setting the color via the MC setup menu).

Thanks for any insight.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBacker View Post
I'm tinkering with my own theme and having a blast. But I am having a little trouble in some cases figuring out which images are used where in the GUI.

Is there some kind of SageMC 16x9 layout reference somewhere? I can keep experimenting, but it's a bit cumbersome to modfy an image and restart Sage over and over until I find it!

A couple of examples -

I'd like to customize the progress bar on the OSD (the one at the bottom when playing video content), but modifying the osd_progress_x graphics doesn't seem to take.

I'd also like to experiment with some different backgrounds on the OSD menus and overlays, but no luck there either (other than setting the color via the MC setup menu).

Thanks for any insight.
I don't know of a list, but if you download my Liquid theme, it pretty much covers all of the necessary graphics files and none of the superfluous ones. Unfortunately, some of the graphics in SageMC use internally generated shapes. This is the case anywhere you can change the color with a setting. I found that it is very helpful to learn how to get around in Studio. You can then look up the graphics file associated with any Image object in SageMC. HTH

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 04-10-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah - I had the Sage Studio route banging around in the back of my mind.

I've done my share of Visual Basic 6 coding in the past, but can't seem to find the time to learn vb.net let alone Java (plus the Sage Studio learning curve!). Seems like if I did learn .net, Micro$oft will turn it upside down again with a new version just as I get proficient

I'll probably fire up Studio to dig around to find the file names I need to play with. At least I'll get a passing familarity with it in the process.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj-boonie View Post
geogecko,

How did you get the freespace to show at the top, and the (i'm assuming an RSS feed) to show at the bottom, in the picture you attached?

Thanks,
Mike
That is the diskbar. You can enable it all the time by going into SageMC setup, and I believe it's under the "Menu" heading. Or, just hit the "Info" button on your remote to bring it up.

The RSS feed is another option in SageMC setup. It must be setup using those options, but I think you also have to map the RSS Feed menu to a menu item in the main menu, to add feeds to it. This is also done in SageMC setup, where the Custom1-5 menu items are located. You may need to search the thread to find out how to set that up. It was introduced a few versions ago. I'm not at home right now, so I can't look it up myself.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMixxMaster View Post
anyone else still not getting Youtube videos? I used the previous method, but when using it, it says Youtube, but then merely goes to google video...
well, I just made sure I had the latest Sage and SageMC, it still doesn't work for me. The title will say Youtube, but it will then display googlevideo....any other ideas?
Old 04-10-2007, 08:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMixxMaster View Post
well, I just made sure I had the latest Sage and SageMC, it still doesn't work for me. The title will say Youtube, but it will then display googlevideo....any other ideas?
What version of SageTV are you running? YouTube is only available in v6.1

Aloha,
Mike

Edit: Sorry, I should have read your last post more carefully.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

6.1. It works in the base STV, but not MC...
Old 04-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

...it has been a while since a SageMC update. Anyone else getting anxious for something new.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Sage User

SageMC & SageTV 6.1.8

Does SageMC16x9 6.3.2c work with SageTV 6.1.8?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyZ View Post
Does SageMC16x9 6.3.2c work with SageTV 6.1.8?
Yes. It has for me, anyway.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am having problems getting nielms rss newsreader working:

Please jump to: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=218092

to help me out! Basically I use to use an old version of the newsreader and now the new version is not being called from SageMC because the new rss reader uses different command names or something like that.
Thanks

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 04-14-2007, 01:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

I stopped importing the RSS newsreader some time ago because flachbar has already integrated it into the STV. So all you need to do is link a dynamic menu item to it. However, we need to perhaps ask the following from flachbar:

When might we get the newest newsreader of Nielm's reintegrated?
When might we also get the ability to use that web browsing plugin with this as well, so that we can read the actual news item web pages. I mentioned this one before, and you said you would check into it.

I would like those two things a lot!
Old 04-14-2007, 08:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder View Post

When might we get the newest newsreader of Nielm's reintegrated?
When might we also get the ability to use that web browsing plugin with this as well, so that we can read the actual news item web pages. I mentioned this one before, and you said you would check into it.
Yeah I know, I would love to have this too. Just not enough time for SageMC lately. Certainly in the top portion of the ToDo list...

Dirk
Old 04-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sounds like someone has too much "real" work.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder View Post
Sounds like someone has too much "real" work.
Yeah, and a life besides SageTV...
Hey wait, is there anything like this at all ?

Dirk
Old 04-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Sage Icon

I just realized that when I am in My Videos, I am getting really slow navigation on the MVP. This does not occur when using the standard stv. This is only when in My Videos, nothing else. Could it be graphics related or something else? I reinstalled java with no difference.
Any thoughts?
Juc

edit: one more thing--is it possible to actually use the stock My Videos section with SageMC?
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC

Last edited by JUC; 04-14-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmuZombie View Post
I upgraded to 6.3.2c

Now I am missing some icons, most importantly the manual record icon that appears on the GUI when watching a show, it used to be i would hit record and the program info would come up and add the man_rec.png icon to it. Thus, insuring me the program will continue to record once I navigate away from it. This icon is also missing from the newly added icon options page.

See screenshot attached.

The file is still intact in it's correct location. I have tried restarting the GUI several times, and replacing the file to no help.

Any suggestions?
I'm having this exact same problem. The manual recording icon comes up in the OSD if the show has already finished recording, but if the show is still recording it doesn't appear. The icon isn't even displayed in the SageMC Icon options page.

Any ideas?

-Peter
Old 04-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Movie in multiple files

Searching is getting me nowhere. Some movies are on two discs. So, when I rip them to the hard drive and compress them to avi's, I have 2 files. How can I make this appear as one file in the library and seemlessly play the second after the first.

My directory structure is movies\<title>\<title>.

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2007, 06:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Here's what I do for 2-Disc movies:

Rip both into their own VOB directory
Combine into a single VOB directory using DVD Shrink

I don't compress further, but once there you should be able to make it one avi, etc.

B
Old 04-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC View Post
I just realized that when I am in My Videos, I am getting really slow navigation on the MVP. This does not occur when using the standard stv. This is only when in My Videos, nothing else. Could it be graphics related or something else? I reinstalled java with no difference.
Any thoughts?
Juc

edit: one more thing--is it possible to actually use the stock My Videos section with SageMC?
Update...i now see that this is also happening in My Music section as well. However, when in My Videos I am only getting lags when I am viewing by Folder. Same with music. So, I am thinking maybe something is up with the album/movie coverart? Everything loads, there is just a 4 second delay when moving between albums/movies....
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Closed Thread