SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar

Could you also tell me which one ?

Dirk
LOL, sorry, I'm impatient, sometimes...

nielm_sageutls.jar

In your download, it's dated 2/5/2006, in Webserver, it's 3/24/2006!

Old 11-20-2006, 07:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Can we just get rid of the big F or C (I guess there is a C for those Celsius users) in the weather bar? It's Ugly. Surely everyone knows weather (...whether...weather....sorry..anyhow) they are looking at Fahrenheit or Celsius temperatures.

Or at least lower the font size on it and have it centered vertically on the temp would be good.

Technazz
Old 11-20-2006, 07:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
LOL, sorry, I'm impatient, sometimes...

Quote:
nielm_sageutls.jar

In your download, it's dated 2/5/2006, in Webserver, it's 3/24/2006!

Thanks, will update the package ...

Dirk
Old 11-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Anybody have an issue with changing themes?

I was using the Green Selection Bars and Glassy Icon set in MCE theme then switched to Blue Two then back to MCE then I lost my selction bars and icons (they went to default). Also I seem to be missing the recording Icon as well..

Also Ive noticed and I havent check the default STV but when im watching an 1 hours show and around 3/4 they way through the OSD will pop up and not clear unlese I toggle the TV or Options button. My Mouse/remote are completly stationary at the time.

Good work DirK!

Technazz
Old 11-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Milkdrop

Seems as though I've lost Milkdrop...
It pops up when using visualizations in Music area but goes behind Sage...
To the best of my knowledge I'm not using any of the 'tweaks' package and have only installed EP's DVD Burn STVi since... errrr
-What am I missing?
-JD
Old 11-20-2006, 08:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
Anybody have an issue with changing themes?

I was using the Green Selection Bars and Glassy Icon set in MCE theme then switched to Blue Two then back to MCE then I lost my selction bars and icons (they went to default). Also I seem to be missing the recording Icon as well..
This is caused by the new theme switching method in SageMC 6.3.0, which doesn't copy the theme files any more, but which renames the theme folders instead. When you installed the selection bars you probably only extracted them to the 'Images' directory, but not to the base 'Images_mc" directory. Now, when you switch themes, the Images directory will be renamed to your old theme (except the very first time because SageMC doesn't know the previous theme name, so it renames it to 'Images.previous'), and the 'Images_bt' (Blue Two) will be renamed to 'Images'. After switching back to MCE the original 'Images_mc' will be the active 'Images' directory again, and it's now missing the new selection bars.

This issue did not pop up in the old copying scheme because the selection bars you copied into the Images directory simply stayed there. But you would have had a similar problem with the old style if you e.g. wanted to use a different bars in the BlueTwo theme.

Just reinstall the selection bars into the current 'Images' directory (and any other theme directory for which you also want to have the selection bars), and you won't have any problems in the future.

Quote:
Also Ive noticed and I havent check the default STV but when im watching an 1 hours show and around 3/4 they way through the OSD will pop up and not clear unlese I toggle the TV or Options button. My Mouse/remote are completly stationary at the time.
Weird, never seen this before ...

Dirk
Old 11-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Thank you
Oh, no--thank you!!

Quote:
Can you post a screenshot, I am having trouble to visualize this ...
But it made so much sense in my head....
I was afraid I wasn't clear.

In the pic below, Faith Hill's CD is selected, but you can hardley see the selection bar. Not a big deal, but it is harder to navigate.

Quote:
You mean after the cover is full size after the animation, before the next cycle starts? Not right now, but I'll see if I can add a setting for this
Yes, this is what I meant. Another thought would be customizing how long it takes to become full size. I've no clue what is involved with making this change, though.

Quote:
Milkdrop starts nicely in the foreground on my system. Do you have by any chance the 'UI tweaks' for XP installed ? There is a setting that disables by default applications from stealing the focus, if this is set then changing it would solve the problem
I am running this, but this setting is not active. Now that I know this isn't normal for everyone in V6, I'll trouble shoot more on my own.

Quote:
Looks good, but not really high on my priority list (which of course changes from time to time )
That's cool. The weather is not a top priority feature of a media center for most--but it may the feature my wife uses more than any other!! Thanks for looking at it.

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg music.JPG (31.1 KB, 284 views)
Old 11-20-2006, 08:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
In the pic below, Faith Hill's CD is selected, but you can hardley see the selection bar. Not a big deal, but it is harder to navigate.
Could you zip up your 'Images' directory and send it to me (check your PM) ?

Dirk
Old 11-20-2006, 08:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Now, when you switch themes, the Images directory will be renamed to your old theme (except the very first time because SageMC doesn't know the previous theme name, so it renames it to 'Images.previous'), and the 'Images_bt' (Blue Two) will be renamed to 'Images'. After switching back to MCE the original 'Images_mc' will be the active 'Images' directory again, and it's now missing the new selection bars.
Oh-Oh. I better update the iTV theme import. When you run the iTV import, it copies the Images_iTV dir to Images so that you don't also have to add the propertis lines and go to the theme config page. I'll modify it to see if the SageMC version is 6.3 or later and do the renaming like you in that case.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
You can disable the multi-options delete dialog in the SageMC options, but the 'simple' delete will only delete the file, and not set it watched (it's supposed to be a simple action without 'side-effects')
If the file IS watched (ie the delete dialog comes up at the EOF) will 'simple delete' reset the watched flag to unwatched?

re Music Request: I just started playing around in My Music Files for the first time in a while. This functionality already exists here. Plus, the files are organized the way I want them to be. The display, however, is inferior to the new 'normal' Music display. Is it possible to
1) in My Music Files - can we skip the top level of organization? It starts showing "C:/music cds"; can we go straight to into that directory?
2) adopt the display of My Music to My Music Files (larger, fewer boxes/artists per screen)?
Old 11-20-2006, 08:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
Dirk,

I had actually seen this same thing but I totally forgot about it.

What is happening is the cover art is overlayed on top of the selection icon. When the cover art graphics is small, it isn't a problem because you can see the selection icon around it. But when the cover art is enlarged to take up almost the entire icon area, there is very little area around the perimeter to see the selection icon.

I had a similar issue when I set up the full size genre icons. The solution was to change the order of the widgets in studio so that the selection icon is overlayed on top of the graphics (in this case it was the genre icon). I think the same solution could be applied here so that the selection icon would be overlayed on top of the cover art.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-20-2006, 09:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
What is happening is the cover art is overlayed on top of the selection icon. When the cover art graphics is small, it isn't a problem because you can see the selection icon around it. But when the cover art is enlarged to take up almost the entire icon area, there is very little area around the perimeter to see the selection icon.
Mike, so you are saying that is has to do with the physical size of the cover art images ? Most of mine are about 300x300, and I never had that problem ...

Quote:
I had a similar issue when I set up the full size genre icons. The solution was to change the order of the widgets in studio so that the selection icon is overlayed on top of the graphics (in this case it was the genre icon). I think the same solution could be applied here so that the selection icon would be overlayed on top of the cover art.
Hmm, maybe I'm already too tired for today, but if I changed the stacking order to display the selection icon on top of the cover art, wouldn't it hide the cover art completely ?

Dirk
Old 11-20-2006, 09:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom
If the file IS watched (ie the delete dialog comes up at the EOF) will 'simple delete' reset the watched flag to unwatched?
No, it does not touch the status at all, it's simply deleting the file

Quote:
re Music Request: I just started playing around in My Music Files for the first time in a while. This functionality already exists here. Plus, the files are organized the way I want them to be. The display, however, is inferior to the new 'normal' Music display. Is it possible to
1) in My Music Files - can we skip the top level of organization? It starts showing "C:/music cds"; can we go straight to into that directory?
2) adopt the display of My Music to My Music Files (larger, fewer boxes/artists per screen)?
Sorry, but I doubt I will spend any time on the 'My Music Files' screen in the near future. It's an 'older' module which doesn't have any code to handle metadata, and I don't want to replicate this all over again. On the other hand, the 'Play All' functionality should be possible for the 'My Music' section

Dirk
Old 11-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr599
I have read a few short posts about this and was wondering if there is a resolution.

I had Sage v6 with SageMC 6.2 running. I downloaded SageMC 6.3 update (not full) and extracted it to the sagetv directory. Before this though, I loaded the default .xml.

When I start Sagetv in service mode, I get a serious hang on loading. Then once it does load, after about 3-4 minutes, navigating through menu's is impossible. Nearly :30 to switch from one menu item to the next.

Without service mode it runs fine.

I saw a post about "ui/use_native_image_loader" to 'true'. I checked the properties file and do not have this line to change. I wasn't even sure if that answer was for this question.
Any tips would be great.
Thanks!!
Quote:
Hi pvr599,

did you try the solution which fixed the exact same problem for Hyperbaric ?

Quote:
Quote:
Ah, got it working.. just changed the property file manually to use the default STV, then loaded the MC STV from the settings menu
Hi Dirk,
I did load the default STV before I shut down Sagetv and Service. Then I extracted SageMC 6.3.0. Then I restarted Service and Sagetv. Just loading the default hangs.
I'll try what Hyperbaric did, but it does seem like I did basically the same thing.
Nobody else is having this problem?
Thanks,
Dana

Last edited by pvr599; 11-20-2006 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Mike, so you are saying that is has to do with the physical size of the cover art images ? Most of mine are about 300x300, and I never had that problem ...

Hmm, maybe I'm already too tired for today, but if I changed the stacking order to display the selection icon on top of the cover art, wouldn't it hide the cover art completely ?

Dirk
Yeah, please don't cover up the coverart with the selection icon...tacky.
Unless the selection icon was 30% opacity or very much so see through.

Would it be possible to define the import size of the cover art to 300 x 300 pixels or something like that so it would resize, or is that too cpu intensive?
Old 11-20-2006, 09:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy
Would it be possible to define the import size of the cover art to 300 x 300 pixels or something like that so it would resize, or is that too cpu intensive?
I think I can add a setting which will allow to make the cover art smaller so that the selection border width will increase

Dirk
Old 11-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Entirely up to your taste ... I prefer the simple MC theme, but definitely check out the iTV theme, which is very popular

What 'Marker' icons do you mean ?

Most likely not, the code is simply too different.

Which ones were you thinking of ?

Dirk
The HD and Tuner No. Icons do not appear. However when I switch back to the generic STV they are back.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Sage Icon

I'm still getting that weird error message (when starting the visualization) that says something about low video memory, and wanting it scaling down the video resolution, then it locks up Milkdrop. Not sure what is going on, because it never used to do this in the past. I haven't upgraded any hardware, or changed any video settings, like FSE or anything. I'm just using VMR9 with 3D enabled.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Sage User

[QUOTE=pvr599]
Quote:

Hi Dirk,
I did load the default STV before I shut down Sagetv and Service. Then I extracted SageMC 6.3.0. Then I restarted Service and Sagetv. Just loading the default hangs.
I'll try what Hyperbaric did, but it does seem like I did basically the same thing.
Nobody else is having this problem?
Thanks,
Dana
I am having the same issue, except I don't wait 3 or 4 minutes. It hits 99% cpu and hangs, I figure it is not going any further. I have in the past loaded the default STV and it has worked fine, but this time, that is not working. I'm still hanging.

I have reverted back to 6.2 and I'm having no issues, it is only in 6.3 in service mode. If I'm running out of service mode, it runs fine. From my log, something I'm not used to seeing:

Mon 11/20 22:49:02.406 Error communicating with server:java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
Mon 11/20 22:49:02.406 Cleaning up c/s connection
Mon 11/20 22:49:02.412 NetworkManager CommunicationFailure : /127.0.0.1:4430 type=1
Mon 11/20 22:49:02.413 MsgRecv thread is terminating for /127.0.0.1:4430

Mon 11/20 22:49:02.414 Saving properties file to C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\Sage.properties
Mon 11/20 22:49:02.414 VF processing job null nPlayin=false
Mon 11/20 22:49:02.414 VF thread is now waiting for 0:00:00.000
Mon 11/20 22:49:02.448 Checking video directories for new files
Mon 11/20 22:49:02.482 Diskspace checking is running
Mon 11/20 22:49:02.483 Verifying existence of all TV media files in database fixDurs=false avoidArchive=true
Mon 11/20 22:49:02.537 Enforcing keep at most limits for the files...
Mon 11/20 22:49:02.541 Seeker clearing unwanted and partial files...
Mon 11/20 22:49:02.592 Seeker waiting for 965 mins.
Mon 11/20 22:49:02.948 Seeker is starting the library import scan...
Mon 11/20 22:49:06.136 Error communicating with server:java.lang.NullPointerException
Mon 11/20 22:49:06.137 Cleaning up c/s connection
Mon 11/20 22:49:06.137 NetworkManager CommunicationFailure : /127.0.0.1:4430 type=1
Mon 11/20 22:49:06.138 MsgSend thread terminating for /127.0.0.1:4430

Not sure if this tells you anything.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I have reverted back to 6.2 and I'm having no issues, it is only in 6.3 in service mode. If I'm running out of service mode, it runs fine.
Same thing here.
Closed Thread