SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 07:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, this is an odd one - I guess this is the first day I've used SageMC that I didn't have a DVD in the client's drive. Every time I press the Home key to go to the main menu, I get a Windows dialog box saying that there isn't a disc in drive D: (the DVD drive). I've dug around in the *.properties files, and disabled the "notify on new disc" option in Sage, but this keeps popping up every time I press Home. It doesn't happen on the "normal" Sage.XML.

Any ideas on what I have done wrong, and how to fix this one? Thanks!
Old 06-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Sage Expert

the channel logo thing

I think I finally have this thing licked with the exception of changing the numbers and call letters on the locals to reflect the "real" channel as opposed to what the cable company wants me to see.

What are the maximum width, height dimensions to make the best use of that guide space by default?
Old 06-16-2006, 05:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
How about a new main menu option and include the Simple Web Radio from koelec

I vote for calling it "My Radio" Then you could configure between the web or real if you wanted to include both...
I don't think you'd need a new main menu option for this. Once you enabled 'My Menu', you can define as many (even nested) other menus as you want.

The Web Radio import seems to be a pretty self-contained screen, so the only task to port this to SageMC would probably be to modify the UI elements to the SageMC 'look&feel'. You just have to find someone who's up to this, honestly I am not ... Or if you don't care about apperance, you can just import the plugin (by renaming it to .xml), not 100% sure if it will work, but my bet is it will ...

Dirk
Old 06-16-2006, 07:51 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I don't think you'd need a new main menu option for this. Once you enabled 'My Menu', you can define as many (even nested) other menus as you want.

The Web Radio import seems to be a pretty self-contained screen, so the only task to port this to SageMC would probably be to modify the UI elements to the SageMC 'look&feel'. You just have to find someone who's up to this, honestly I am not ... Or if you don't care about apperance, you can just import the plugin (by renaming it to .xml), not 100% sure if it will work, but my bet is it will ...

Dirk
I had moved it into my STV yesterday. It works great on one client, and on the other the selection seems to have a problem refreshing for some reason. I have it linked to as a menu item under My Music for now. I have included the STV file here if you would like to take it as something to start with or if anybody wants to make an import based on it. I am using the web radio alot more than I thought I would. There are some great shoutcast channels out there!

Morgan
SageMC_169-1.xml (zip)

Last edited by Morgan111; 06-16-2006 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Wow, that webradio thing looks pretty slick in SageMC. I have no mp3's on my HTPC, but I could see myself using that. Nice work

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 06-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Sage Icon

Wow--the web radio looks great. Since it seems like the screens mostly work-any chance of including this in the .stv?

Morgan111-is the stv you posted based on the current SageMC? If so-that is good enough.

Also--any chance of porting the movie listing plugin over?
Great,
thanks,
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 06-16-2006, 10:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Doh! I did read it. Now I understand it. But as a second thought, since nielm's menu is "built into" SageMC would there be anyway to make that one of your options like you did for naming "My Menu" It may be a little more difficult but I have full confidence in your abilities.

Gerry
Good thing I just scanned through the older posts again, otherwise I would have missed this (I read it before you edited it ...)

Well, actually it *is* quite simple, so expect it to be in the next version ...

Dirk
Old 06-16-2006, 12:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Wow--the web radio looks great. Since it seems like the screens mostly work-any chance of including this in the .stv?

Morgan111-is the stv you posted based on the current SageMC? If so-that is good enough.

Also--any chance of porting the movie listing plugin over?
Great,
thanks,
JUC
JUC, Actually I though I downloaded the latest but it was before the version info was added. I just downloaded 6.5 and imported it into there. I updated the download file for the earlier post. Remember to download koelec's Simple Web Radio installation for all of the support files. He is working to make an updated release that fixes some issues as well as adding some new features.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:23 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
I had moved it into my STV yesterday. It works great on one client, and on the other the selection seems to have a problem refreshing for some reason. I have it linked to as a menu item under My Music for now. I have included the STV file here if you would like to take it as something to start with or if anybody wants to make an import based on it. I am using the web radio alot more than I thought I would. There are some great shoutcast channels out there!
I downloaded the web radio and installed it as well as the .xml file you provided. Functionality seems ok, but the visual is screwed up. My list of menu options on My Music screen has the last button cut in half. When I navigate down to it the other buttons move up then the top button gets cut in half. Any ideas?

In the webradioscreen I get 4 choices (based on the provided text file I assume) and they are all stretched vertically to fill the space. Is this normal?

Last edited by kricker; 06-16-2006 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
I downloaded the web radio and installed it as well as the .xml file you provided. Functionality seems ok, but the visual is screwed up. My list of menu options on My Music screen has the last button cut in half. When I navigate down to it the other buttons move up then the top button gets cut in half. Any ideas?

In the webradioscreen I get 4 choices (based on the provided text file I assume) and they are all stretched vertically to fill the space. Is this normal?
We probably have different fonts which caused the first problem to show up for you and not me. I made an adjustment that should fix that for you. I changed the number of stations and found your other problem. I am feeling my way around Studio and have more to learn. I updated the STV in my previous post again.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
We probably have different fonts which caused the first problem to show up for you and not me. I made an adjustment that should fix that for you. I changed the number of stations and found your other problem. I am feeling my way around Studio and have more to learn. I updated the STV in my previous post again.
Hi Morgan111,

very nice work ...

I quickly cooked up an import for this (attached to this post), so that nobody is limited to the custom STV. If you make further changes, it might be a good idea to take this as a base.

There's a reason why the buttons get cut in half in your first mod: SageMC has a limit of 7 buttons maximum in its layout, more is really not possible (otherwise it will interfere with the video preview panel, the button in your latest mod will cut into the video if playing...)

That's the reason why I didn't put the button into the import yet (for now), I have to figure out what's the best solution. Of course we can take out the video preview completely (since it doesnt make much sense when playing radio), but I still see the 8 buttons 'disturbing' the overall MC theme appearance. Will have to think about it ...

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip web_radio_0_1b.zip (14.0 KB, 414 views)

Last edited by dflachbart; 06-16-2006 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Hi Morgan111,

very nice work ... Dirk
Now that's slick! I like it.

I recently started using the MovieTimes import as well and while not designed for SageMC either it was much easier to set up than once thought.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I recently started using the MovieTimes import as well and while not designed for SageMC either it was much easier to set up than once thought.
Well I sure spoke too soon on that one. It's got all kinds of visual problems in SageMC. I just don't think it will work with it.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:10 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
That's the reason why I didn't put the button into the import yet (for now), I have to figure out what's the best solution. Of course we can take out the video preview completely (since it doesnt make much sense when playing radio), but I still see the 8 buttons 'disturbing' the overall MC theme appearance. Will have to think about it ...

Dirk

Well, with the ability to rename 'My Menu' to whatever, you could change it to 'My Web Media' ala http://www.mcesoft.nl/index.php?opti...=25&Itemid=122

Since this is simply Web Radio right now (and only on the PC...) it is a simple solution...

I hope that further growth of the Web Radio can grow into more of a true 'Web Media' function... RIght now it still only plays Shoutcast streams (no WMA/RAM streams...). If some brave soul can reverse the following program (http://weblogs.asp.net/jgalloway/arc...21/328265.aspx) to transfer WMA to the jlgui library that it currently uses, then a whole new batch of media comes into play...

In any case, enough thread camping... Having gotten my wish to play web radio (limited or not...) I am the first one to sing praises! Thanks for porting it to SageMC!

-Jason
Old 06-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks flachbar and Morgan111. You guys are fast! I'll try the import now. I love me some shoutcast radio.....now about that pandora plugin.....

btw.
I don't know if this got looked over before, but can someone tell me how to get the remote "numeric text" working within SageMC. If I can get pointed in the right directon, I don't mind doing it myself.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

I had to make some changes to the Web Radio menu code in the import because I noticed in the debug log that it throws a lot of java Thread exceptions (caused by some animation in re-used menu themes). You will normally not notice those, but I dont know if they would generally affect Sage in any way, and it's better to have everything clean anyway ...

I updated the file attachement in my first link, so feel free to download it again.

Dirk
Old 06-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

No gurantees on a time, but here is a little tease for something else I wanted in My SageMC...

Old 06-16-2006, 06:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker

btw.
I don't know if this got looked over before, but can someone tell me how to get the remote "numeric text" working within SageMC. If I can get pointed in the right directon, I don't mind doing it myself.
Yeah, forgot to respond to this ...

Numeric text input has not been implemented in SageMC, sorry ...

Dirk
Old 06-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I had to make some changes to the Web Radio menu code in the import because I noticed in the debug log that it throws a lot of java Thread exceptions (caused by some animation in re-used menu themes). You will normally not notice those, but I dont know if they would generally affect Sage in any way, and it's better to have everything clean anyway ...

I updated the file attachement in my first link, so feel free to download it again.

Dirk
Thanks Dirk. I'll take a look at your changes and look at the debug log for other things I may create in studio..
Old 06-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Sage Icon

I understand, but is it something I can do myself?
Closed Thread