SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 10:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitslayer
Is there any place that walks thru some of these adjustments for the beta features?
I am kinda a noob when it comes to updating to get all this cool stuff!
Well, other than the Google Videos there are no new v6.0 features in SageMC yet ...

Dirk
Old 10-19-2006, 10:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001
With the latest version (6.13a on Sage 6.0.12), when I go into the My Videos section, and choose the option to play a file (not one of the library selections), the Selection box that comes up doesn't work correctly with the remote. If you hit the down arrow, the selection bar doesn't move correctly. If you say center the bar on one directory, you may actually open a directory above or below (depending on which way you move). Is there a way to get the old selector box back?
Hmm, never heard this before, and it works fine for me ... Is this just a problem with the remote, or does the same also happen with the cursor keys on the keyboard ? Which Sage commands do you have mapped to your remote control keypad ?

Dirk
Old 10-19-2006, 10:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennbj
I am a recent SageMC convert and just love all the work that has gone into this! I did run across something weird and a forum search did not turn up anything.

I had the opportunity to watch a DVD from the import (My Videos) option and things went just fine until I hit play to bring up the status bar so I could check how much time was left in the movie. After I did the movie would stutter just a bit every few seconds, nothing really bad but a frame or two glitch, I gave it a couple minutes but it never stopped.

I quit the movie, started it back up but still the same thing. I switched back to the default stv/xml and all was good.

I searched around and turned off OSD animations but it did not help.

Has anyone else experienced a problem with DVD (from HD) playback using SageMC but not in the default STV?
No, haven't seen this before. Does the same happen if you hit 'Info' instead of 'Play' ? I checked the code, and it resets the Playback rate to '1' on Play, but I couldn't see why this would introduce such side effects... If this happens again, try to cycle through the playback speed and see if it makes a difference ...

Dirk
Old 10-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
new v6.0 features in SageMC yet ...

Dirk
Old 10-19-2006, 11:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Of course I'll take the popcorn and the coffee , but 6.2.0 will mainly be a maintenance release containing bugfixes, and won't really include any new 6.0 stuff either ...

Dirk
Old 10-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Are you sure you scrolled down on the options page ? Geogeckos image shows the 'lower' half of the Icon&Images settings ...
That was the problem...sorry..

Quote:
Do you have automatic .my file generation enabled ? This will create a new background thread which will periodically scan the recording directories. But that's about the only possibility I can think of ...
I checked and .my file generation was disabled. How about the weather maps? Are these downloaded when the screen is accessed or is this updated automatically in the background? Also I am using Java 1.4.2 - could this make a difference? Should I be using something newer?
Old 10-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Of course I'll take the popcorn and the coffee , but 6.2.0 will mainly be a maintenance release containing bugfixes, and won't really include any new 6.0 stuff either ...

Dirk

LOL, kidding of course. I know you're working hard, in the background.

With the rumors of these new touchscreen iPods coming out, supporting 480p video, I may have to break down and get one...so getting this SageTV built-in conversion working would be awesome...of course, we'll need a way to limit what time these conversions take place, if it's anything like AutoGK is when it's running!

So, here's another bucket...
Old 10-19-2006, 01:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

LOL, kidding of course. I know you're working hard, in the background.

With the rumors of these new touchscreen iPods coming out, supporting 480p video, I may have to break down and get one...so getting this SageTV built-in conversion working would be awesome...of course, we'll need a way to limit what time these conversions take place, if it's anything like AutoGK is when it's running!

So, here's another bucket...
Sage kicks off it's compressions with below normal priority, so you should be good as far as processor usage goes. You're biggest enemy is going to be HD bandwidth. Last night I was recording 2 SD shows, comskipping 2 other SD shows, and compressing another and man was my client lagging

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 10-19-2006, 02:23 PM
Sage Icon

LOL, wow. I could see where that would be a problem.

I've had 2 HD shows recording, one viewing, 2 SD shows recording, and all 4 being comskipped at the same time. Things still seemed to work okay, since I had SA set to throttle back...but it still is pegged at 100% (SA gives in, if someone else needs more CPU cycles). Adding compression to that, would probably kill it.

Sounds like I need to get a dual core. Are the compressions kicked off as threads, or processes? That would be nice.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgarrett
That was the problem...sorry..
No problem ...

Quote:
I checked and .my file generation was disabled. How about the weather maps? Are these downloaded when the screen is accessed or is this updated automatically in the background? Also I am using Java 1.4.2 - could this make a difference? Should I be using something newer?
No, the weather is only updated on access.
Java 1.4.2 should also be fine. Not sure what else to try, I can't really test it myself because my PC refuses to go into Standby in general for whatever reason... Anyone else having the same issue ?

Dirk
Old 10-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Sage Expert

unwatched (without archives)

Recorded TV selections
Archived reads "Recorded TV (Archive)" - Should read "Recorded TV (Archived)" with a d on the end.
Unwatched reads "Recorded TV (Unwatched without archives) - Reads correctly but still shows archives.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 10-19-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:32 AM
Sage Icon

Dirk.

Do you know what is used to determine the diskbar colors? I jacked mine up by installing another theme, and no matter what theme I install, or what STV I try, the diskbar is stuck on this weird white oval looking background.

Umm...never mind, just found out where they were. Need to add those to my other theme packs.

Last edited by geogecko; 10-20-2006 at 12:38 AM.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:50 AM
Sage User

Quote:
No, haven't seen this before. Does the same happen if you hit 'Info' instead of 'Play' ? I checked the code, and it resets the Playback rate to '1' on Play, but I couldn't see why this would introduce such side effects... If this happens again, try to cycle through the playback speed and see if it makes a difference ...

Dirk
Well, I hit info instead of play and it did the same thing, a slight stutter. I tried the cycle through speeds idea and still the same. It seems that after bringing up an OSD inside SageMC it will set off this little quirk until I stop the DVD and restart. I tried it on an actual DVD and it does the same thing. HD tv works great and does not display this type of behavior, just DVD's.

When I set it back to SageTV3 the problem goes away, but I lose all the cool stuff that SageMC has to offer.

I’m kinda out of ideas? I tried different render settings, OSD settings and so on but nothing made a difference.

CLIENT
AMD 64 3500, 512 MB Ram, XP Pro, ATI X300 Onboard Video, nVidia PureVideo Decoder, SPDIF Optical Out to Kenwood DTS
Old 10-20-2006, 04:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennbj
I’m kinda out of ideas? I tried different render settings, OSD settings and so on but nothing made a difference.
Yeah, I am too ...
You could generate debug logs (instructions in the first post of this thread) and let me have a look at them, although I doubt that this will reveal anything helpful

Dirk
Old 10-20-2006, 08:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, i want to give thanks the the auto of SageMC... I seem to recall the first time i used it back when i first started it was missing ALOT of functions and just didn't like it. Tested it last night and i have to say, boy have SageMC v6.13a grown. I have two (2) questions though

1) How do i make my movie dirs show up like this

I have tried putting the *.jpg/png into the actual folders and into the ./GenreIcon dir and no go. I have even moved in and out the dirs and rescanned and still no go. The movies display their icons just fine, but at the root level like above i can not get the GENRE pictures to show.
Here is how mine looks

2) When watching recorded show/tv/movies, how do i make these transparent?

Thats all for now.

Last edited by cenwesi; 10-20-2006 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I'm using the Razor theme, and Mike's selection bars...
Trying to do the same but can't seem to get anything to show up. Can you offer a bit of help to this idiot
Old 10-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrap
Trying to do the same but can't seem to get anything to show up. Can you offer a bit of help to this idiot
What are you trying to do? Sorry, I can't remember what that comment was in relation too, and I can't find it by searching for some reason.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Never mind, Jason. Like I said, the "idiot" figured it out....RTFM
Thanks anyway.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrap
Never mind, Jason. Like I said, the "idiot" figured it out....RTFM
Thanks anyway.
LOL, glad I could help...or not...
Old 10-20-2006, 11:33 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Yeah, I am too ...
You could generate debug logs (instructions in the first post of this thread) and let me have a look at them, although I doubt that this will reveal anything helpful

Dirk
Well, I have not turned on debug yet, but I did notice something that may be a clue. When I use the SageTV3 STV and bring up an OSD while playing a DVD the dvd will stutter a bit while the OSD is on top just like it does inside SageMC, but then when the OSD goes away so does the stutter.

CLIENT
AMD 64 3500, 512 MB Ram, XP Pro, ATI X300 Onboard Video, nVidia PureVideo Decoder, SPDIF Optical Out to Kenwood DTS
Closed Thread