SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-11-2006, 11:45 PM
Sage Icon

Favorites - set to record but not first airing

EDITED: Two Questions:

Question 1: My wife noticed that Oprah at 3 today did not record. I noticed that it was set to record the same episode tonight after midnight. I'm confused as to why it did not record the first time it aired at 3 instead of midnight since I had no conflicts and nothing else was set to record today at 3?

Question 2: I remember reading somewhere that favorites will never record a show again that was recorded and deleted. Is there a way to change that so that it records ALL AIRINGS regardless of whether they were already recorded before?

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by mike1961; 05-12-2006 at 02:22 AM.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Sage Icon

This is still puzzling me....any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Sage User

Fav not recording 1st showing

I am having a similar problem. I have a Fav set for the World Cup. It has worked great for 40+ games. For the first time, the first showing at 10:30am on ESPN2 on Sunday (real time) is not scheduled to record. The second showing at 4:00pm on ABC for Monday is scheduled.

This is for the finals. Is there a difference in the way it is listed on ZAP 2it?

World cup is on the top of the priority list. I cleared all watched statuses. I tried to reschedule the favorite many times. I now just have it scheduled manually.

Sage 4.1
Old 07-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Sage User

Fav not recording 1st showing

Quote:
Originally Posted by guac1
I am having a similar problem. I have a Fav set for the World Cup. It has worked great for 40+ games. For the first time, the first showing at 10:30am on ESPN2 on Sunday (real time) is not scheduled to record. The second showing at 4:00pm on ABC for Monday is scheduled.

This is for the finals. Is there a difference in the way it is listed on ZAP 2it?

World cup is on the top of the priority list. I cleared all watched statuses. I tried to reschedule the favorite many times. I now just have it scheduled manually.

Sage 4.1

I found the reason elsewhere in the forums. Sage records favs by conflict resolution. I had 2 other favs recording that conflicted with the Cup final. Since it was listed as a first both times it simply selected the one that had no conflicts.
From here: http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&highlight=fav
But this is really the meat: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...2905#post32905

Now, what about a priority Fav that would record over all other Favs? And why did it not give me a choice with the Recording Conflicts? Isn't this what it is made to do?
Old 07-09-2006, 01:42 AM
Administrator

A conflict is generated only when a show can't be recorded at all given the current state of the EPG data, no matter how much juggling of the schedule is done. If a Favorite's airing can be fit into the schedule by moving any other favorite, even one with a higher priority, to a different recording time, that will be done. Thus, the number of non-recorded/unrecordable shows is minimized.

If you want a specific airing of a Favorite to be recorded, then you should mark that airing as a Manual Recording or limit the Fav to record only during a specific timeslot. In either case, you run the risk of increasing the number of unrecordable shows (i.e.: conflicts), so it all comes down to which is more important for you for a specific show: record the very first airing of the show at the possible expense of other missed shows, or just record some airing so you can watch it at some point & perhaps record more of your shows.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.