SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Sage User

problems with button presses... older sage .stv

ok, i've really screwed things up again. i am using placeshifter and can't get the darn q,w,a,s,z,x, and d buttons to work for inputting the user and password. whats up with this??

so, i tried to change the password in sage 5.02 and noticed i no longer have options for the sage server in advanced settings. how do i get the correct stv. back? i was using meekell but can't seem to find where to access the standard stv. its like version 2.0 or something. i already tried reinstalling sage and would rather not have to rewipe and load completely fresh again.

the reason i screwed up the stv is because i had tried one of the newer experimentaly stv just to see how they work. the 3d one where the menu zooms in real quick. the old menus wouldn't disappear so it was hard as heck getting it back to the normal stv. perhaps i accidently hit the wrong one. isn't it still supposed to say sagev3.stv or is the newest something differnt?
Old 05-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Administrator

You have to use SageTV3.xml. If you are using an older .stv file format, you'll most likely have to edit the properties file while SageTV isn't running to change back to the default .xml file.

As for not being able to use those keys to type in your user + password, di you assign those individual letters to SageTV commands? I don't recommend doing that -- use Ctrl & Alt combos instead.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Sage User

once again, thanks for the quick reply.

I did map out those buttons, didn't think about that. probably why it didn't recognize them. I just made some buttons to do quick fast forward and such on my laptop.

I couldn't figure out how to get the .xml file back. i actually found another post when u were helping me out and i was trying to find the .xml file. just for future knowledge, how do i specify the xml file? i was able to choose the mc stv or the meekell, and then the v3 stv, but the xml wasn't an option when i was browsing in the setup menus.

is there any way to change that to make it a little less confusing? I'm guessing it would take a lot of work to change the folder names, but its a little disorienting trying to find these things and having folders named v2 and v3, etc.

anyway, thanks for help. my placeshifter has been working fine and then i had to do some router work. then it reconnected my computer as ******.104 instead of ******.100 and things went haywire for a bit. still not sure how to stick a static ip address to a local computer on my linksys router.

thanks again.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Administrator

I believe the STV property is the one used now, so exit SageTV completely & edit that line in the properties file to use the path to SageTV3.xml instead of SageTV3.stv.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Sage User

thanks again.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Sage User

so when i add meekell to this, should i be using his newest one which is xml also? i'll be reading around, but i'd rather not have to edit the properties file if i dont'have to. i usually works for me, but its easier to just change it in the menus.

thanks,
Old 05-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Administrator

All I can say is that anything based on the defualt SageTV3.xml file can load a .xml version of an STV. You'll have to check out the custom STVs to see what they can load when you want to change things.

- Andy