SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Sage User

Problem with adjacent recording sessions?

Adjacent recording sessions appear to cause the second session to not acquire the correct station - seems to end up on the same channel each time this problem occurs, but not the correct one. So far I've observed this with adjacent favourites. There was no start or stop padding on either favourite.

For example, a record session starts at 7pm on station 204 for an hour long program. Another favourite is scheduled to record at 8pm on station 266. However the recorded file for the 8pm program is not station 266 but instead some other station.

Neither favourite has start or stop padding and this is a single Hauppauge capture card.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Russell.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Sage Icon

how are you changing channels?
Old 05-10-2006, 06:32 AM
Sage User

I'm using the Hauppauge IR blaster.

Because I hadn't made the connection with adjacent recordings previously I was beginning to wonder if it was a problem with the Hauppauge blaster driver. Now I'm not so sure.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:33 AM
Sage User

I've just upgrade to Sage 5.0 so I'll see how that goes...unless you think it could be the Hauppauge blaster driver?
Old 05-11-2006, 12:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

You could also do a search on force channel change - not 100% sure it is what you need but sounds like it. If your sage is running as a service you may try to run the program instead.

Maybe you could try this properties setting:

mmc/always_tune_channel - true/false to force a channel tune for each recording even if the next recording is on the same channel

Good luck
Old 12-07-2006, 07:57 AM
Sage User

It seems the problem was that there were some channels in Sage that I do not subscribe to in my TV service. The adjacent recording problem was a red herring.

When Sage does a channel change onto the invalid channel my satellite receiver "bounces" off that channel onto some arbitrary channel.

Removing the invalid channel from the Sage channel list fixes the problem. Of course the problem is identifying the invalid channel in the first place. Secondly my TV service provider is continually adding new channels and by default Sage "subscribes" to a new channel. A sensible default, I think, but it does cause the above problem - it would be helpful in Sage to have a special marker or menu to highlight channels that have been added in the last period of time (week, month, whatever).