SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Sage Expert

How do I include a picture and information about the movies in my directory

So, now I have a large directory of .MPG files. Each is recorded movie or show. Currently they are all in one directory. Is there a way to have a picture (like cover art) for each and also the movie or show information for each. Not sure if they need separate subdirectories or what to do.

Thanks for any help.

Gary
Old 05-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Sage Icon

I use Greggerm's STV and it creates .my files with the shows info and then just download a picture from the web and rename it the same as the recording.
EX:
The Rock.mpg
The Rock.my
The Rock.jpg

and as long as they are in the same folder it will show the picture and if you click View Video Details it will read the info from the my file and display it.

I think the default STV will display the picture but it is more work to keep the info if you move the file outside the recording directory or rename it.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Sage Icon

I've renamed my movie files because I don't like the show id tag and it also seems to show in the Sage recordings. If I have renamed the file without the ID tag, is there a way to get the info from imdb.com? Also, how do I get the "my" file before renaming the movie?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Sage User

Not sure if this is the same question as mike1961, but here it goes:

When you select an entry in SageTV Recordinds, it displays information relating to the show. Where does Sage get this information? I would like to apply this feature to imported videos. Is there a, inherent way to do this with Sage (as opposed to using Greggerm's STV)?

--John
Old 05-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyspo
Not sure if this is the same question as mike1961, but here it goes:

When you select an entry in SageTV Recordinds, it displays information relating to the show. Where does Sage get this information? I would like to apply this feature to imported videos. Is there a, inherent way to do this with Sage (as opposed to using Greggerm's STV)?

--John
This information is taken from the Program Guide. If you go to the guide, select a show, and view the details, it will list this info, along with Episode ID number, original air date, etc.

And no, as far as I know, there is no inherent way to do this for imported videos in Sage. There are a couple of custom STV's (GermSage, MCE, etc) that allow you to import info for your imported videos.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
When you select an entry in SageTV Recordinds, it displays information relating to the show. Where does Sage get this information?
form your Wiz.bin file.
Quote:
Is there a, inherent way to do this with Sage (as opposed to using Greggerm's STV)?
This is one of the reasons I use Gregerm's STV. It is IMO, the closest custom STV to the default STV. It creates the .my file after the recording is finished. When I rename the video file after taking out commercails or begining and ending, I rename the .my file as well. Then dump them in the appropriate Import Folder together
Old 05-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Sage Icon

That's what I was trying to figure out as to how to import info with GermSage. Now I did find that I can do an IMDB search so that also works really well.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Sage Icon

Is there a way to get cover art to show up in the default .stv for sage recorded shows?? It would be nice to get a pic to show up in the folder while scrolling through My Recordings.
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 05-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

There are some tools out there to automatically download movie descriptions and cover art from various sources on the net. There is a customization in development at the moment to get descriptions, cover art and even trailers for movies that are in your local theater. There is also work being done to improve the video library with the IVL plugin. Poke around you might find something that will work for you.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Sage Icon

I ripped all my DVDs into H.264 format and use DVD Profiler to create an XML file that Gregerm uses. So only 1 database file that stores all the detailed info for all my movies. It also downloads the cover art automatically as well...
Easy to use program.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:30 AM
Sage Icon

What's DVD profiler and how do I get that. Right now I'm using the IMDB database for info on all my recordings.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I ripped all my DVDs into H.264 format and use DVD Profiler to create an XML file that Gregerm uses. So only 1 database file that stores all the detailed info for all my movies. It also downloads the cover art automatically as well...
Easy to use program.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
What's DVD profiler and how do I get that.
GermSage STV details

Profiler Download website

It takes a little bit to setup but then adding movies is easy.