SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Firefly remote & Sage TV 5 ?

I posted over in the Sage TV forum some questions but Opus said to try here. So Here is my situation. I am evaluating Sage Tv right now and wish to use my fireflly remotes on both the server and Sage client. Out of the box they work sort of but several of the important buttons do not work properly. I have read through several of the past posts here on the subject but still do not quite grasp what I need to do to remap or enable these buttons in proper way. I do not really want to use Girder because its just another $50.00 program I do not wish to purchase so I would like to do it in the firefly profiles if possible. Is there someone out there that can tell me exactly what files or profiles I need to edit to make the stop,pause,ff,rr,play buttons work on the remote. I have also looked over on the Snapstream/Firefly forums but they dont seem to be to eager to help with a competitors product much. I am a long time user of BTV and am seriously considering the switch to SageTV and this is one of the more important features to me. I have evaluated Sage Tv before and I really like how it has evolved and continues to add to the base product. The Sage forums are much more user friendly too.
Thanks in advance, Dave
Old 05-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Sage User

i don't have a good answer for you, but i was looking to get one of these possibly to use with sage. guess i should see what you come up with first. anyway, hopefully a bump so someone will see it.

you pretty happy with yours, if you get the other buttons fuctioning in sage?
Old 05-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

I use a Firefly remote (the RF version, not the mini) on both SageTV server and client without girder and I'm very happy with it. I did have to update the Firefly profiles to program some of the buttons that were missing.

Did you check out the tutorial at Snapstream?

http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15113:

I have my profile setup to work with SageMC 16x9. I would be happy to post it if you're interested.

Greg
SageTV Client 6.44,Windows XP Pro, MSI K7T Pro, AMD Duron CPU 1 GHz, 512 Mb Ram, , Linksys WMP54GS, ATI 9600SE
Old 05-02-2006, 06:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Got it working !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangezero
i don't have a good answer for you, but i was looking to get one of these possibly to use with sage. guess i should see what you come up with first. anyway, hopefully a bump so someone will see it.

you pretty happy with yours, if you get the other buttons fuctioning in sage?
I figured out wher the problem was. In the Sage-Frey XML file for Firefly I had to modify the class description and it all works great now. The is a neat little app in the snapstream/firefly directory called someting like AppIdentifier. You simply load it in a window and then go back to the SageTv menu screen and it identifies the class,filename & window text info for you. Then just open the snapstream Profile editor and load the Sage-Frey XML file and inssert the class and other info into the bottom windows and save it, overwritting the original file and then voila its like magic. Everything works like a charm. I'm gona do the same to my Sage Client computer since I have two firefley remotes on different channels and I will be one happy camper.
I think this will tip the scales once and for all to ditch my old BTV system and join the ranks of happy SageTV users.
Thanks to all, Dave
Old 05-10-2006, 03:49 PM

yeah post

You have a working profile for MC 16 X9? I've been trying to get my firefly to work with my Sage MC but it is hit or miss! If nothing else I would have an example to work with. Thanks in Advanced.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am using Std STV for right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragotalon
You have a working profile for MC 16 X9? I've been trying to get my firefly to work with my Sage MC but it is hit or miss! If nothing else I would have an example to work with. Thanks in Advanced.
I have not yet tried the MC 16x9 or any other STV yet. I do not think it should matter though. If you have it working in the default STV it should work in the others too.
Seasonic S-12 380w, NEC 3520a Onboard SoundStorm S/PDIF out
WD-Caviar 120GB IDE (System) Seagate (3) Baracuda 250GB sata (Pooled)
GF-7600gs Forceware 93.71 Nvida-Decoder V.4.02.223HDHR-Prime 3-Digital Fios ,HDhomeRun-Qam/FIOS
Clients:GA-MA78GM-S2H -AMD 4800- Sage TV Client-FireFly Remote - Amd x2 Turino LAPTOP - HD-100 + MVP Client DVR Verizon Fios/ B]
Old 05-11-2006, 04:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefred99
I have not yet tried the MC 16x9 or any other STV yet. I do not think it should matter though. If you have it working in the default STV it should work in the others too.
I had some odd problems with my MCE remote and the SageMC stv. Everything worked perfectly with the default STV, but with MCE it would sometimes read double key presses. I had to edit the IR delay settings in the property file to get it working properly. So it's possible that the STV can sometimes cause problems with the remote.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

The double presses 'bug' exists for me as well, using the standard default STV. It's one of the issues with the remote that has given me every amount of aggravation ... and I just gave up and bought a new remote. I just grew tired of dealing with the Firefly and its problems