SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Program Guide logic, FireFly remote ?

I am in the process of evaluating the latest ver 5 of SageTv. I am a long time BTV user and have decided it might be a good time to make the conversion over to Sage.
A couple of things are somewhat confusing to me. I use two Haupauge capture tuners (1 150-mce and one pvr 250) and a fusion 5 lite for HDTV. So I have three separate program guides. One is for local anolog cable, one is for Direct Tv using a Sat-B3 reciever and the Svideo & of course the third is OTA digital. Here is where the confusion comes. In BTV when I set up the channels in the guide I see tree separate instances of any duplicate channels. In Sage Tv I see only one instance of any analog channels. It seems that Sage tv has some sort of logic that only allows the guide to show one instance of say CBS ch2 of cable and CBS ch 938 on direct tv. What makes this confusing is that I can not tell if I actualy get both channels but they are somehow mapped together based on some logic or not. It appears to me that SageTv Picks the best source first and then if necessary it will tune to the next available source if the first one is in use. Can someone please tell me if this is whats goiing on or am I doing something wrong when setting up multiple sources with multiple capture cards.
Second thing thats confusing too me is how to set up my Firefly remote for use in SageTv. It works sort of but not all the keys are mapped properly and I have read that I could use the Girder pluggin but I am not comfortable with girder at all. Can anyone give me some guidence on how to properly get this remote to function in SageTv. As I said most of the keys work but I primarily need to get the pause,play,stop & ff/rew buttons to register.
So far I am likeing the lastest version and if I can sort out these little querks will be switching over form BTV.
Thanks,Dave
Old 04-30-2006, 06:47 PM
Administrator

BTW: I moved this to the SageTV forum section, since SageTV Recorder is a different product.

See the manual section for the Program Guide (p. 41 for v5); at the bottom of that page is a blurb about how the same channels from multiple lineups are merged in the guide so you would see CNN one time, for example.

Maybe someone else will have a quick link for info about using the Firefly remote, but if not, check the hardware section of the forum.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Getting it all working

I figured out the Firefly remote problems and posted over in the hardware forum about it. Basicaly I had to modify class Identifier in the Sage-Frey XML file in the Firefly Profile folder. It all works great now.
As to the channel lineup logic in SageTv I understand it now but wish there was an option to list all channels by tuner or to easily give priority to one tuner over the other because of my Direct tv Svideo is much better than some of the analog cable channels. I think I can get used to it though.
My big thing was getting the remote to work and that makes my WAF much better now. In Some ways I like the simplicity of BTV but SageTv is way more configurable and it looks like as soon as my trial is up I will be making the switch and not be looking back. Now I need to start looking at all the STV's and pluggins.
Thanks, Dave
Old 05-02-2006, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefred99
...or to easily give priority to one tuner over the other because of my Direct tv Svideo is much better than some of the analog cable channels.
Do a search for "encoder merit"