SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Issue with one V5 client???

I have a Sage server and two clients. One of the clients is using SageMC and the other is using the default skin that comes with V5....

My problem is this.. I'm using the Parental Controls feature and if there is a show recording (or Live TV on the other Sage client) at the time the plain-skinned V5 client navigates to the "Sage Recordings" screen, it prompts for the Parental Control code as if I'm trying to watch the show currently being recorded. To make matters stranger, I can hit Escape on the keyboard to abort, navigate down to a folder of shows and hit either enter or the right arrow, and then it will show the list of episodes, but prompt me AGAIN as if I want to watch the show that is currently recording...

Anyone else see this? Is this a bug in the most recent version, or is there some setting that will stop this behavior? (I don't see this issue on my other client)... Note that this never happened with version 4.1.3. The upgrade to V5 is the only thing (that I know of) that has changed on this PC.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 04-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Administrator

By any chance, do you have the video preview window turned on? Check your Video Menu Options & make sure it isn't set to Always.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

It was set to Always... Is this just a new behavior for V5?

I've set it to never now to see how that works. I can test this afternoon.

Thanks,
Paul