SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevech
In V5, whats new or corrected excluding PlaceShifting?
Check out the posts of the betas in the beta forum, those have all the changes from version to version.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I would. I don't know if the old version is still around somehow & the new one was installed into a different directory, or what happened. But, when you reinstall v5, make sure you are installing it to the same location that your previous version used.

- Andy
Ok, that worked. Something has been wrong here for awhile now, this is the first I've seen the updated splash screen anong with the UI. I've been 'updating' all along with the various betas but it appears it never really happened. Very curious.

Ken C
Old 04-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Sage User

Quick question. If I uninstall and install the new version, will my channel logos, favourites and installed STVi's still be retained?

I'm going to assume no, so in that case, which files should I back up to retain that info? I also assume I'll have to reload the STVi (nielm's comskip).

Thanks
Yamaha HTR-5920 | Energy Take 5.1 | Samsung LN32D450 via HDMI | Winegard Square Shooter
Old 04-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a standalone placeshifter anymore? I don't see it on the download link. There's just the 21MB version, not the 4MB version.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Sage

http://download.sage.tv/SageTVPlaceshifter.zip
Old 04-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
I did read someplace earlier that there is a way to retain any stv changes that are applied and so with any new updates I wont have to re-apply the stvi's with every upgrade... Where could I find some more info about it and is that already in v5?

Thanks.
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chughes
Quick question. If I uninstall and install the new version, will my channel logos, favourites and installed STVi's still be retained?

I'm going to assume no, so in that case, which files should I back up to retain that info? I also assume I'll have to reload the STVi (nielm's comskip).
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysek
I did read someplace earlier that there is a way to retain any stv changes that are applied and so with any new updates I wont have to re-apply the stvi's with every upgrade... Where could I find some more info about it and is that already in v5?
Here is a post from earlier in this same thread with links to info about how to install an update.

One extra bit: in the customizations forum, the sticky index list has a link to a plugin that can help automate re-applying your imports.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
There is an updated manual on the download page, in the installer, and in my sig lines. Chapter 2 has a section about installing an upgrade, on p. 11. The forum has a more detailed set of steps focused on beta testers here: How to install a new version of SageTV.

Thanks Andy! I can assume I need to back up my wiz.bin and sage.properties just in case as to not lose my settings?

Or have these two files changes drastically and need to start from scratch?
Old 04-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Sage Expert

Just installed 5 without issues so far.

Main improvements noted immediately:

Menus are transparent even if not using FSE.

Unsupported extras (e.g. Program guide showing HD and First Run) are now supported by menu choices rather than inputing numbers you have to find elsewhere.

Files that were recorded previoulsy that did not FF/REW properly now do so.

Main menu a little cleaner (border gone).

Now off to do a bit of testing.

A problem I had with some DVDs, where it didn't display the time bar correctly is now gone, and starting play and FF/REW seems a bit less problematic.

FSE still doesn't work, but now it simply crashes Sage when I switch to full screen. Before it would give an error message when I started a video.

Last edited by Goodspike; 04-29-2006 at 04:13 PM.