SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:47 AM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
I checked the XML from the grabber and the rating tags and ratings are present in the file for the programs in question.
Are the ratings for shows on the Schedule Direct lineup visible in SageTV?

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Hello,

Are the ratings for shows on the Schedule Direct lineup visible in SageTV?

Regards,
Stéphane.
Stephane:

That was one thing I did notice as well, there we no ratings displayed in any of the info screens for any shows from the Schedule Direct lineups.

Thanks;
Old 10-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
there we no ratings displayed in any of the info screens for any shows from the Schedule Direct lineups.
Ok, in this case send me the whole Doc&Settings\All Users\App.Data\LM Gestion\SageTV XMLTV Importer as well as your XMLTV files zipped to lmgestion@hotmail.com.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

+1 channels

Hi,

Is there a good way of working with +1 channels? The main problem with Sage recording all versions of a non-series program is that +1 channels can cause conflicts by just trying to record two copies of the same program. I guess the only way of solving this is just have every program as being part of a series. I don't think I mind this being the case - Sage should still record everything unless it has detected it as already being recorded and as long as the show IDs are generated correctly that shouldn't be a problem.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooferlad View Post
Is there a good way of working with +1 channels? .../... all versions of a non-series program is that +1 channels can cause conflicts by just trying to record two copies of the same program. I guess the only way of solving this is just have every program as being part of a series.
With version 2.7, you can specify that all programs belonging to a category are to be seen as series. If you think it will not mess completely your guide you can go this way (I personally use this option for documentaries : often they get pretty good descriptions but no episode titles).

Or you can choose to create a rule only for the programs you record.

The best approach would be a mix of the two methods to:

* be sure that you record only series ("SH" prefixed shows should really be "junk" programs that you do not record, or program that you do record but doesn't have a reliable description to differenciate each episode). For this you'll create a rule for each show you want to record.

* be sure that most programs that you watch occasionally are also series : this is only for having the first run / original air date displayed in the guide. That way when you do some channel surfing you can see if a show is an old or new one. For this you use the category tools to properly "arrange" your categories and make some of them behave like a series.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Rumour of possible new UK xmltv server

I heard from a source that is not know for their reliability that some MythTV users in the UK had set up a 'pay for use' server than had more comprehensive TV listings that the Radio Times XMLTV server. Is this just wishful thinking on his (and my part) or has anyone else heard this? A brief trawl with Google has found nothing.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Sage Expert

http://www.schedulesdirect.org/ has recently launched providing US/Canadian listings. No mention of anything for UK/Europe though.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Sage User

Channel Mapping for UK DVB-T

I am having a problem where Sage TV will not correctly tune all available DVB-T channels on my Nova-T 500 card (the bundled WinTV and scanchannelsdba_uk utilities work prefectly).

In order to use XMLTV, do I need to get Sage to tune the channels first and in the channel mapping enter 1,2,3,4 etc. for the Sage allocated channels or can I use the data directly from Scanchennelsbda_uk (e.g. 9018-4100-4261) in the channel mapping to prevent Sage from ever having to scan the channels?

If the latter, what format should I use for the channels (as above) or with square brackets [9018-4100-4261] as at present I cannot seem to get either to work.

Any help much appreciated as really pulling my hair out now!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbo View Post
In order to use XMLTV, do I need to get Sage to tune the channels first and in the channel mapping enter 1,2,3,4 etc...
Yes, you need to do one channel scan in SageTV first. This will create the .frq file (one file per tuner). Once done (or at least partially done), you can shut down SageTV and edit those files to your liking: adding / removing channels and changing the channel number (the first number) and restart SageTV.

In the XMLTV Importer, you'll need to use as channel numbers, the channel number in the frq file (and not the frequency).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:35 AM
Sage User

Lineups don't Appear

Hi Stephane

I Have been using your importer with btv. It really does a good job with btv. But I am now looking to move to sage. I downloaded the sage importer from your web site.

I run the importer and set the channels and ratings and then go next and the importer looks like it is working. But no lineups appear in sage.

I chose Use US, Canada, or XMLTV Guide Data with this source. then I have the option of "cable or satellite" or Local Broadcast" then I get propmpted for a zip code and I used 00000. then I think it should show the lineups, but nothing appears.

I don't know why this does not work. Total neebie to sage.

Clive
Old 11-28-2007, 09:21 AM
Sage Icon

Hello Clive
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliveg View Post
I run the importer and set the channels and ratings and then go next and the importer looks like it is working. But no lineups appear in sage.
This is usually because :

* you do not have the right Java runtime installed (1.5 or newer is needed)
* you do not have defined any lineups, or lineups doesn't contain any channels
* you have some xerces.jar/.zip somewhere in your system

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Sage User

Hi

Thanks for that. I just installed the java update and magic it works.

Thanks

Clive
Old 12-25-2007, 10:41 PM

SageTV not showing UTF-8 chars from imported XMLTV.xml?

Hi,
I have installed STVXMLTVSetup2.8 on SageTV v.6. After successfully importing XMLTV epg info with mixed latin and greek characters in UTF-8, the greek chars are not displayed in SageTV Program Guide screens. SageTV is supposed to have unicode support. Could it be that the importer lacks unicode support?

I noticed that the source xmltv.xml I have has a header of <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> but the generated Programs0.xml file has a header of <?xml version="1.0"?>. Tried to add the encoding="utf-8" and reimport to SageTV but it was no fix for the greek chars.

Is it SageTV's problem or the importer's?
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Sage User

Hi,

I am getting very confused trying to set up the Sage EPG. I am using Alan Birtles grabber and StephaneM's importer. From what I have read, the data from the importer should be saved in either //SageTV/SageTV/3rdPartyGuideData or //Documents and Settings/All Users/Applicatiion Data/LM Gestion/SageTV XLMTV Importer/GuideData. Neither of these files are being created. Can anyone help, I must be doing something silly.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by uni View Post
Could it be that the importer lacks unicode support?
The Importer GUI and Java classes support unicode (the various XML files produced are encoded in UTF-8)

I will make some research about this.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryf View Post
From what I have read, the data from the importer should be saved in either //SageTV/SageTV/3rdPartyGuideData or //Documents and Settings/All Users/Applicatiion Data/LM Gestion/SageTV XLMTV Importer/GuideData.
The directory where the files are saved is :

* C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Applicatiion Data\LM Gestion\SageTV XLMTV Importer\GuideData on Windows XP

* C:\ProgramData\LM Gestion\SageTV XMLTV Importer\GuideData on Windows Vista

Those directory are usually hidden directories.

If you really can't find any files: review the Windows Event Viewer log for any SageTV XMLTV Importer errors. Usually the most common error is that you do not have created any lineups or associated channels to your lineup.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Those directory are usually hidden directories.
Thanks Stephane, that helps
Old 12-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Hi,

I have no epg data from the 01/01/2008 (new year) anyone else have this?

I'm located in the UK and use xmltvgui_3.09.02W, radiotimes, Sage 6.3 (sagemc_6_3_6b) and Java 1.6.

All was working ok and has been for the past 2 months automatically updating every Saturday. I've tried a manual update and forcing an update with the web browser and disabling/enabling the tuner cards. Nothing works so I'm wondering if it's a general problem with the new year looming or if its just me.

Cheers

Ben
Old 12-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Hi,

I have no epg data from the 01/01/2008 (new year) anyone else have this?
Yes, its a radio times problem. See this thread

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29395

I'm hoping someone at radio times comes back off holiday pretty soon.....
Old 12-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Ah bummer, I guess it will be well into the new year before it gets sorted out

Thanks for the quick reply