SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 03-18-2007, 06:40 AM
Sage User

I got it.

Thanks for the insight! I'll wait for the next release of your program and see if I could trick the importer into believing the F1 shows are News...
Anyway I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to play with this new version when I'll be ready.

Cortechs.
. - XP Pro SP3 - DX 9.0c - JRE 1.6 - SageTV 7.1.2.249
. - Cyberlink Video & Audio Decoder (PowerDVD 7)
Plugins: MyTheatre DVB Network Encoder Plugin - XMLTV Import Tool from StephaneM - Comskip Playback
STV: Dynamic Menu Import 6.2
Clients: 4 MVP wired on GigaEthernet network
Old 03-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Now I am using the XMLTV import tool I can't get sageTV to record the news every evening. The news is set to the highest priority in my favorites and set for first runs and re-runs.

So what settings do you advise I use to get this to work?

The information in the source XML is sparce which doesn't help. But I see that XMLTV importer is give all the news shows the same ID# but wouldn't it be sensible that every programme categorised as "news" would have a different ID#. By definition every news programme is different. You will never get a re-run.

</programme>
- <programme start="200703241800" stop="200703241900" channel="01" clumpidx="0/1">
<title lang="en">One News</title>
<desc lang="en" />
<category>News</category>
</programme>
Old 03-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletop View Post
The information in the source XML is sparce which doesn't help. But I see that XMLTV importer is give all the news shows the same ID# but wouldn't it be sensible that every programme categorised as "news" would have a different ID#.
The Importer should have created an ID begining with "SH" for these shows (the same ID for all). If it has not it's because you use the "ep title and description" method in the Importer and the Importer has been able to found two different descriptions (and then it switch the prefix from SH to EP).

So for now you have two choices :

* use the ep. title only detection method
* use the ep. title and air date detection method

In both cases delete the lookup.xml in the importer install folder (it contains all the assigned EPGID) this way the Importer will start with a clean EPGID database.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm still a little unclear on what settings I should be using for the importer to avoid potential problems with DST in the future.

I am using two sources... one from zap2it, one from Mytheatre exporter.

Do you need sample listings from each?
Old 03-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
to avoid potential problems with DST in the future. I am using two sources... one from zap2it, one from Mytheatre exporter. Do you need sample listings from each?
Yes send me a sample XMLTV program from both sources and also give me your time zone when not in DST and when in DST (for exemple in Paris, non DST = GMT +1, DST = GMT +2)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Meanwhile back to the news............

The reason I want to use XMLTV importer is to stop repeated recordings of the same show as Sky TV can repeat its shows even up to 3 times in the same day or within 24hrs.

The only way of identifying that with my feed is to identify the show as a repeat by the description. See example here:

</programme>
- <programme start="200703241630" stop="200703241730" channel="53" clumpidx="0/1">
<title lang="en">Modern Marvels</title>
<desc lang="en">To some, motorcycles symbolise freedom and to others, they simply stand for trouble!</desc>
<category>Education</category>
<category>Science</category>
<category>Factual To</category>
- <rating system="NZ">
<value>PG</value>
</rating>
</programme>

and

</programme>
- <programme start="200703250130" stop="200703250230" channel="53" clumpidx="0/1">
<title lang="en">Modern Marvels</title>
<desc lang="en">To some, motorcycles symbolise freedom and to others, they simply stand for trouble!</desc>
<category>Education</category>
<category>Science</category>
<category>Factual To</category>
- <rating system="NZ">
<value>PG</value>
</rating>
</programme>

However news programmes are never repeated even if the description is the same, in my case the description is always a null.

Unless the "title only" option does something more than title only. Would it be a helpfull sugestion to add a checkbox in XMLTV loader "Always treat news programmes as first runs"
Old 03-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletop View Post
The reason I want to use XMLTV importer is to stop repeated recordings of the same show.../...The only way of identifying that with my feed is to identify the show as a repeat by the description.../...News programmes are never repeated even if the description is the same.../...Would it be a helpfull sugestion to add a checkbox in XMLTV loader "Always treat News programmes as first runs"
My previous recommandation (ep. title only) will still work even for you Sky shows. You'll just need to specify a time slot for your favorite so as it will only record the shows that are not repeated (assuming all of this shows will have a "SH" prefix for the EPGID).

Your "News" programs will also have a "SH" prefix so you will be able to record them all.

This is for now the only solution. I'll issue a new version of the Importer with an advanced airing editor to manage some of those situations but I don't know when it will be ready.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you I'll try the "titles only" option
Old 03-26-2007, 08:18 AM
Sage Expert

Detecting first run shows

Hi Stephane

Your importer should recognise the <previously-shown/> tag correct ? I'm trying to track down why I see so much 'first run' stuff (especially shows like 'The Simpsons' which are rarely first run.

eg from my XMLTV grabber's data.xml file I see :

<programme start="20070328200000 +0100" stop="20070328210000 +0100" channel="channel4.com">
<title lang="en">Relocation, Relocation</title>
<desc lang="en">Series in which property experts Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer help people change their lives for good. Cosmopolitan London couple Max and Pia Patte want to leave the capital behind and find a quirky new home in either Oxfordshire, Wiltshire or Hampshire, and buy a new home in her native Sweden. However, their budget only stretches to 300,000 pounds, so Phil and Kirstie have a difficult job on their hands.</desc>
<category lang="en">Documentary</category>
<length units="minutes">60</length>
<previously-shown/>
<subtitles type="teletext">
<language lang="en">English</language>
</subtitles>
</programme>

Yet, When I look up that show via the webserver I see :

Airing: 28-Mar-2007 20:00 - 21:00

Duration: 60 m

Channel: 104-Channel4

Description: Series in which property experts Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer help people change their lives for good. Cosmopolitan London couple Max and Pia Patte want to leave the capital behind and find a quirky new home in either Oxfordshire, Wiltshire or Hampshire, and buy a new home in her native Sweden. However, their budget only stretches to 300,000 pounds, so Phil and Kirstie have a difficult job on their hands.

Category: Documentary - First Run

Original Air Date: Wednesday, 28 March 2007

Stereo

Show ID: EP0008020017

Internal details: AiringID=759800

Why has the importer (or is it Sage?) decided that this is now a first run ?

Thanks

Tim
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 03-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Sage Icon

Hello Tim,
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewston View Post
Your importer should recognise the <previously-shown/> tag correct ?

<programme start="20070328200000 +0100" stop="20070328210000 +0100" channel="channel4.com">
<title lang="en">Relocation, Relocation</title>
<desc lang="en">Series in which property experts Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer help people change their lives for good...</desc>
<category lang="en">Documentary</category>
<length units="minutes">60</length>
<previously-shown/>
<subtitles type="teletext">
<language lang="en">English</language>
</subtitles>
</programme>

Why has the importer decided that this is now a first run ?
Because the previously-shown node is not complete. The Importer is expecting the date of a previous airing. If none can be found the Importer use its own history and retreive the last date of the airing he can find.

If your XMLTV file does also have the premiere node, you can check the "shows without original air date are reruns", the Importer will then force shows without a complete previously-shown node to be re run.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:09 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Hello Tim,

Because the previously-shown node is not complete. The Importer is expecting the date of a previous airing. If none can be found the Importer use its own history and retreive the last date of the airing he can find.

If your XMLTV file does also have the premiere node, you can check the "shows without original air date are reruns", the Importer will then force shows without a complete previously-shown node to be re run.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Hello Stephane

I tried that (I had to switch to wizard mode to find that option) and left the importer to run over night for good measure but that show is still showing as first run,. Is that because the xmltv source doesn't have the premiere node ?

I guess I need to wait until the importer sees that show again so it gets marked as a re-run correct ?

Thanks

Tim
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 03-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewston View Post
I tried that (I had to switch to wizard mode to find that option) and left the importer to run over night for good measure but that show is still showing as first run,. Is that because the xmltv source doesn't have the premiere node ?
No it's because the show is not anymore unknown for the Importer and as such its EPGID / original air date will not change. You can however delete the lookup.xml file if you want to (but if you are using the XMLTV Importer for a long time it's not a good idea : you'll loose all EPGID history).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:00 AM
Sage User

i'm still in progress of testing your new xmltv importer, and i am very happy with it up to now, way better than my old importer... but now one question:

in the FAQ it states the importer can load the .xml file from a http server... i tried this, but it does not work the path to the xml file always resets tho the old path and does not store the http url...

any suggestions?

thanks for your help...

Server: Athlon X2 4850e (2x2,5Ghz); AMD 780G Chipset, 2 Gb RAM ; ATI Radeon HD 3200; Technotrend S2-3200 DVB-S + CI, Hauppauge PVR 150 (only as IR receiver)
Winows XP Pro; SageTV v6.4.5
Clients: Placeshifter
Old 03-30-2007, 09:36 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by krikkit View Post
in the FAQ it states the importer can load the .xml file from a http server... i tried this, but it does not work the path to the xml file always resets tho the old path and does not store the http url...
Yes this was working with earlier versions, in current versions whenever you change the xmltv file path I check against the existence of the file on your local PC (in the Wizard or the classical UI).

If you want you can change manually the settings.xml file : replace the local file path by the http url and this should work.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Stephane,

how exactly does an upgrade install with 2.3 work? Will it use the old settings from the previous version or do I have to set up everything again? Thanks!

Thomas
Old 03-31-2007, 09:53 AM
Sage Icon

Hello Thomas,
Quote:
Originally Posted by thborchert View Post
how exactly does an upgrade install with 2.3 work? Will it use the old settings from the previous version or do I have to set up everything again?
When you install the 2.3 version it should migrate your old settings to the new location (this will be always true if you are not using Windows Vista). When using Windows Vista however it may or may not migrate your settings (because the location of the settings file may not be exactly where I'm expecting to find them).

Anyway if you see that your settings were not retained you can always copy manually your old settings into the new location:

* C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\LM Gestion\SageTV XMLTV Importer for Windows 2000 / XP
* C:\ProgramData\LM Gestion\SageTV XMLTV Importer for Windows Vista

Your old settings (all xml files) may be found in:

* C:\Program Files\LM Gestion\SageTV XMLTV Importer for Windows 2000 / XP
* C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\LM Gestion\SageTV XMLTV Importer for Windows Vista

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:42 PM
Sage User

thanks StephaneM for the fast fix for the http issue...

Server: Athlon X2 4850e (2x2,5Ghz); AMD 780G Chipset, 2 Gb RAM ; ATI Radeon HD 3200; Technotrend S2-3200 DVB-S + CI, Hauppauge PVR 150 (only as IR receiver)
Winows XP Pro; SageTV v6.4.5
Clients: Placeshifter
Old 04-01-2007, 03:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Hello Thomas,

When you install the 2.3 version it should migrate your old settings to the new location (this will be always true if you are not using Windows Vista).
Actually, it wasn't true for this XP user. The manual copying seems to have worked. Thanks

Thomas
Old 04-01-2007, 04:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by thborchert View Post
Actually, it wasn't true for this XP user. The manual copying seems to have worked. Thanks

Thomas
Didn't work for me either. Manual copying however did work.

Thanks,
Oliver

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 04:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Well... spoke too soon.
I moved all xml files from the program files folder to the Application Data folder.
After starting the importer, it did find the settings.xml in Application Data, but recreated all xml files like the (now empty) lookup.xml in Program Files.
It seems like the importer wants every file in Program files, only the settings.xml must be in Application data.

Any ideas?

Running WinXP SP2 (german), I translated the path names (Programme and Anwendungsdaten).

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!