SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-23-2003, 11:33 AM
Sage User

Auto adjust Start/stop time

I've noticed there is some kind of setting in the properties file for autopad can i use this for all my recordings/favorites to start 5 min early and end 10 minutes after the end time.

Peter
Old 09-23-2003, 01:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

You can...

Go into each of your favorites (through Setup --> Favorites Manager) and change the start, stop time padding for each favorite. If you have an single show you are recording (by just pressing record in the guide) you can bring up the details of the show (as long as it hasn't started recording yet) and also pad the start/end time.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:30 PM
Sage Icon

Re: You can...

Thanks, but that was not his question... We all know we can do that way, which is certainly better than nothing.

There is a line in the properties file to 'autopad'. The question was does that setting work for all recordings automatically?

It would be great if it did. I ALWAYS pad 30 seconds before and after my recordings. So if I could just set that option in the properties file once to pad 30 seconds, I wouldn't have to change the recording properties every single time I do a recording.

See what I mean?

Jason

Quote:
Originally posted by mikbro
Go into each of your favorites (through Setup --> Favorites Manager) and change the start, stop time padding for each favorite. If you have an single show you are recording (by just pressing record in the guide) you can bring up the details of the show (as long as it hasn't started recording yet) and also pad the start/end time.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Re: Re: You can...

Quote:
Originally posted by JasonJoel
Thanks, but that was not his question... We all know we can do that way,
Well now, he didn't say he knew that way did he?
Old 09-23-2003, 03:53 PM
Sage Icon

Hmmm, fair enough. You're right. I guess I was reading it the way I wanted to see it, not how he wrote it.

Jason
Old 09-23-2003, 06:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Does the autopad setting work? What value should it be for 2 minutes?
Old 09-24-2003, 06:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

I think if you set 30 seconds before and after it will then not allow shows to be recorded that are next to each other in the schedule since they will then overlap. It will say there is a scheduling conflict, and ask you which one to record. If thats ok, then ok. As for the auto thing - I dunno about that.

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 09-24-2003, 02:00 PM
Sage User

Thanks for replying.
What i was asking was what JasonJoel answered, and yes i do know that you can change the time of the favorites and the recording for every recording. But here in holland the broadcasters are not all that precise in supplying the data, nor in the actual broadcast so i use to set my vcr and later my computer with a margin around the actual time. And i was wondering if this could be done automaticly in Sagetv, since i'm now missing the start or end of a lot of programs and this is annoying

Peter
Old 09-24-2003, 03:29 PM
Sage Icon

Actually, it is smart enough to still record both back to back shows even with padding enabled. It simply does not pad them in the case there is an overlap.

Jason

Quote:
Originally posted by RedCoat999
I think if you set 30 seconds before and after it will then not allow shows to be recorded that are next to each other in the schedule since they will then overlap. It will say there is a scheduling conflict, and ask you which one to record. If thats ok, then ok. As for the auto thing - I dunno about that.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

What value should it be for 2 minutes?
Old 09-24-2003, 11:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Personally, I don't enable "Intelligent Recording". I just select the programs I want to record. Then, I go thru and laboriously pad each program manually.

Hence, it is news to me that there is this "autopad" which applies to non-Favorites. I checked my Properties file and only found this line:

seeker/recording_start_autopad=120000

Hmm... So does this pad only apply to the beginning of programs? Or to both the beginning and ending? If both, how are people adjusting beginning and ending with different pad amounts? Finally, 120000 sounds like the units are quite short. I, too, would like to know the units so that I might adjust the pad as desired.

I also was excited to hear the comment about the graceful pad disablement when programs butt up against each other (assuming you don't have a 2nd tuner card available to handle the overlap). I recall this being talked about as a requested feature but I don't recall it being announced as supported.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Edmc, that's my position as well. I recall this being discussed before, but I don't recall it being announced either. Mine is set to 0. I also wondered about the ending pad, but failed to mention it before.

If the units are like the rest of the properties relating to time, they are milli-seconds. But I was trying to find out for sure.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

I don't think the autopad works because mine is set to 120000 and I have
never seen it put a 2 minute start pad on anything I manual record an I too
have to manually go in and pad 2 minutes on either side of a manual recording.
I love the favorites behavior in this reguard, but I just wish there was a way to make it the default i.e. every new favorite and manual recording is always set to pad 2 minutes at the begining and end as it is rare that I ever don't want to pad. I guess we will have to wait until Studio 2 is released for that
Living Room: WinXP Pro SP2, AMD XP3200+, 1GB, 1.3TB 3ware 9500S12 RAID5, GigaByte GA7N400Pro2, 2xVBOX USB2 HD Tuner<-Antennna, 1xHDHR<-Antennna , HD100 to HDMI Splitter 1080i->32" 4:3 HDTV or 1080i->92" 1080P LCD Projector
Kitchen: WinXP Home SP2, Celeron 2.0Ghz, 512MB, 40GB, Saphire ATI MB, ATI9200->19"LCD
2 BedRooms: MediaMVP
Old 09-25-2003, 04:47 PM
Sage

FYI - The autopad property is no longer used by the scheduler.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by JasonJoel
Actually, it is smart enough to still record both back to back shows even with padding enabled. It simply does not pad them in the case there is an overlap.
Is this true, or was it at some time? I tried it just now & it showed back-to-back shows as conflicting. It would be a nice feature if it worked that way...

Edit: I'm talking about padding favorites, not autopad - which was noted as no longer in use.

- Andy

Last edited by Opus4; 10-08-2003 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:48 AM
Sage Icon

I have many padded favorites that record back to back, and it never complains...

However, I have two tuners... I never thought about it, but I bet it is just switching from one to the other to resolve the conflict...

Hmm...

Jason

Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
Is this true, or was it at some time? I tried it just now & it showed back-to-back shows as conflicting. It would be a nice feature if it worked that way...

Edit: I'm talking about padding favorites, not autopad - which was noted as no longer in use.

- Andy