SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Sage Icon

Video Source Setup issue

My server was having bigtime issues, I decided to kill the box and move to a different box.

I downloaded V4.1.3 [latest one], am installing it, all is going fine except there's no "Done with Channel Setup" on the setup video sources. I can't figure out how to save this.

Also, there's no "View" option so I can see if I get a channel or not. this is a nice-to-have, but the above error is fatal as I'm currently at a brickwall in terms of server setup.

Any idea as to why there's no "done"? Is there a hotkey?
Old 04-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Choosing "Done" doesn't really do anything other than proceed to the source summary page, so you are done once you finish selecting channels; you should be able to just go Home. But, I don't know why the button wouldn't be there. Are the other buttons there? I would double-check that you have the correct STV loaded. (You aren't using a non-English language, are you?)

The "View" option is not available when videos are never to be shown on menus. Use the Options command to check that setting.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Sage Icon

It's english. if i click the sage icon, it doesn't complete setting up the source and doesn't show it.

this is a brand new box, so it's definitely the default STV. I haven't put my own on it. Also, I must be doing something boneheaded wrong - as soon as i start the SageTV service, it hits 100% cpu. I'm off to search for those high-cpu threads now, perhaps there's some other issue afoot here.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Administrator

If you are in the configuration wizard because of running SageTV the first time, going to the Main Menu will probably just restart the config wiz, but that doesn't mean you would have to set up the source again.

I just removed & added a source (removed it completely frmo the properties file first). Instead of choosing the Done button in Channel Setup, I just jumped to the Main Menu. The source was still there when I checked on it.

Anyway: I don't know why it wouldn't be there because the STV code has to go through the part of adding that button before it can display the whole list of options + channels. Strange. Since it is all new anyway, maybe it is time to uninstall, clear the dir completely, and try again.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Sage Icon

I am seriously feeling like a newb; i was searching through the forums as to why there'd be high cpu usage, looked up and task mgr reported low usage.

Now the "Done" button is there, but I can no longer enable or disable individual channels. I even uninstalled/reinstalled SageTV but have the same results.

Mind you, I didn't actually intentionally do anything to make the CPU drop or the "done" button to show up, they just did...

I didn't delete the directory, i think i'll do that and try again.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Sage Icon

well, the delete dir didn't work, had the same issue.

However, a restart suddenly got everything working.

I'd look into why that was if I cared; it's all up & running now. I'm sure there was some user error somewhere along the way.

Thx for the quick support.