SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to aclarke Send a message via MSN to aclarke Send a message via Yahoo to aclarke
45 Button Hauppauge Remote not quite working

Hi. I installed SageTV on Windows XP Pro and everything worked fine. I just did a clean install on Win2k Advanced Server and everything is still working fine, except with my remote control, only a few of the buttons work. The play/pause/channel/volume buttons and maybe a few others work, but most of the other buttons don't. This means I can't get to the guide, get to my recorded programs, power SageTV off, etc. One of the buttons that used to work in SageTV now brings up the Hauppauge Remote control program.

The major differences between my old, working setup and my new, not-quite-working setup are:

1. I used to have Windows XP Pro and now I have Win2kAS.
2. When it worked fine, I installed all the software and drivers from my Hauppauge PVR-250 installation CD, but this time around I just downloaded the latest drivers from hauppauge.com. I also installed the latest IR software from hauppauge.com instead of the software off the CD.

Is the problem likely with the wrong infrared monitor software? I can try reinstalling that off the CD but would rather not do all that uninstalling and reinstalling for nothing if that's not the problem.

Thanks,
- Andrew.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Administrator

You probably installed the Hauppauge IR software after installing SageTV, didn't choose to include the remote support during installation, or didn't select the correct remote during the configuration Wizard (or Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Remote Config).

See this FAQ entry.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to aclarke Send a message via MSN to aclarke Send a message via Yahoo to aclarke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
You probably installed the Hauppauge IR software after installing SageTV, didn't choose to include the remote support during installation, or didn't select the correct remote during the configuration Wizard (or Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Remote Config).

See this FAQ entry.

- Andy
Hi, thanks. I did install the IR software before SageTV, but I didn't reboot between the two installations (Windows didn't ask me to, either). Maybe I should have. I'll check the FAQ and maybe just reinstall them both anyway.

Thanks,
- Andrew.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Sage User

OK I've installed Windows 2003 server and again with a clean installation, I installed the IR software from the Hauppauge disk. I then installed SageTV, and have the same problem. The remote doesn't work SageTV but works Hauppauge WinTV instead. Help...

Thanks,
- Andrew.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Do you have an MCE style remote from Hauppauge? If so, don't use the Hauppauge ir.exe software at all & use the latest SageTV RC beta.

If the remote looks like this, then make sure irremote.ini in your Windows directory has a [SageTV] section in it & 'SageTV=' is in the [Applications] section.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Sage User

Incorrect Sage mappings for 45-button Hauppauge remote

Hi,

The 45-button (non-MCE) Hauppauge remote is not working for me either.

I first installed the Hauppage software. By opening notepad and creating a file named debug.txt, I verified that all remote buttons work as expected.

I then installed a fresh copy of SageTV 5.0.4. The Sage install correctly updated my irremote.ini (see attachment). The changes made are identical to those in the third post of this thread http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4277 with the minor exception of the TEXT button.

Now, in SageTV I go to Setup->Detailed Setup->Commands. "Remote Control Configuration" is correctly set to "45 button Hauppage remote". However, if I select "Show SageTV commands linked to Infrared/Keystroke", and press e.g. the "Go" button on the remote, it says "Ctrl+Shift+X" as configured in the Hauppauge remote software for that button, but then "None", i.e. no Sage command associated to that button.

The cause of the problem becomes clear when selecting "Link Infrared/Keystroke to SageTV Command". For the Home command, it lists these keystrokes "Home" and "Ctrl+X". Nowhere is "Ctrl+Shift+X" to be found. The same observation can be made for most remote buttons.

So I believe the problem is not with the Hauppauge remote software, but with the default Sage mappings for the 45 button Hauppauge remote. Of course, I can reprogam the mappings manually, but I would expect them to work out-of-the-box for a supported remote.

Cheers,

Olive
Attached Files
File Type: zip Irremote.zip (7.0 KB, 296 views)
Old 08-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Administrator

What STV are you using? In the current default STV, if you select the Hauppauge 45 button remote, it sets Ctrl+Shift+X for Home. Either your config is set to that remote w/o having made the selection right now (i.e.: reselect it in the STV), or you are using an older STV that might have used a different keystroke for Home when using that remote.

(Unless there are translation issues that affect this, based on another one of your posts.)

- Andy
Old 08-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Sage User

Opus4,

I'm using the default STV and already tried selecting different remotes then back to 45 button Hauppauge but that didn't fix the problem.

I also set the UI to English because of my other EPG problem, though I'm not sure anymore of which language I had initially selected in the configuration wizard.

Olive
Old 08-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Update: this does seem to be a translation issue in the STV. It should get fixed for v5.1.

- Andy