SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Fresh install not working with USB-UIRT

I've been having lots of problems with my server lately, and I narrowed my choices down to either a) rebuilding the entire machine from scratch, or b) getting a divorce. I chose option a).

For hardware - Asus p4b533-e motherboard, 2.4ghz p4, 1gig ram, 2 Hauppaugge 150 MCE capture cards. Trying to feed them with two Scientific Atlanta 4200HD boxes via S-Video, and control the boxes through USB-UIRT. This had all been working fine in the past - many, many releases ago.

I reformatted the hard drive, loaded up a WinXP Pro install, upgraded to SP2, did all the hotfixes. Installed motherboard drivers for LAN (obviously) and Audio. Installed latest Hauppauge drivers from their website, and latest USB-UIRT driver (v1.4). Device Manager says everything is working fine.

Trying to install Sage now. I'm having a problem getting passed the input sources. Note that I'm trying this in the latest beta (4.1.12), but I tried uninstalling and re-installing with the latest actual release build (4.1.3), same issue.

When running through the setup wizard, I go through all the steps about setting up library directories (pointing my video recording directory to partition with 64K clusters), etc. I then progress to setting up my input sources. I specify the first WinTV PVR PCI II, specify S-Video, wait for the test window to show that it's capturing properly, then continue to the part where I specify how to control the input source. I select USB-UIRT, and then it shows all the different remote codes in the USB-UIRT folder. I had saved my remote code files from my old installation, which I restored into the USB-UIRT folder in the new server. However, as soon as I click on 4200HD, which is the name of my remote file, everything blows up:

- If I'm trying to setup with Sage running in service mode, I get a message saying that Sage has lost connection to the SageTVService. If I go into the Service Control application, it shows that the service has stopped. If I restart it, Sage re-establishes the connection, and I'm back at the screen to select the remote code to use with the input. If I press 4200HD again, I get the same message that it's lost connection to the SageTVService. Go back into the Service Controller, Service has stopped again....

- If I'm trying to setup Sage with it not running in service mode, I get to the same point as above, but when I press 4200HD, the Sage application simply shuts down. No message, no nothing. Sage just disappears.

I'm really at a loss here. It's a completely new machine install of XPPro SP2, latest Java VM build, latest Hauppaugge drivers (which appear to be working fine - the preview that comes up when I specify S-Video does show video being captured), latest USB-UIRT drivers, and a fresh install of the latest Sage build. There's nothing else really on the machine other than Nero 6.

Help please????
Old 04-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Never mind, sorted it out. Somehow my remote codes files got zapped, not sure how but they were both blank. Reprogrammed these remote codes, seem to have gotten past this point now.