SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:01 AM
Sage User

commercial detection options

I have turned on the hidden extra features and chose the malore menu options -> Show Commercial Detection Options but the options dont show. the txt file is created but no recordings are using them. any ideas why. My Sage client has the menu option showing and works fine.

looking at teh client those options may not be what I am needing. i imported the commercial detection stvi but still no marks for the skip.

Last edited by AHX; 04-06-2006 at 07:09 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHX
I have turned on the hidden extra features and chose the malore menu options -> Show Commercial Detection Options but the options dont show. the txt file is created but no recordings are using them. any ideas why.
The info for the hidden extras says:
Quote:
You can also choose whether to show the Commercial Detection options in the pop-up Options menu in the malore menus. Remember: this is only the _option_ for that feature, ComSkip is not included.
It doesn't do anything for you other than show the buttons in the pop-up Options menu.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Sage User

Alright, check these things.

You're either using UNC pathing (ie \\sagesystem\drive\directory) or identically mapped drives on server and client? (ie :T on both, for example)?

You have file sharing turned on for the directory your sagetv records to?

You have the same version of Java on both systems? (check c:\program files\java\ and check the latest directory name, something like jre1.5.0_06)

If these don't fix it, check back, I'll see if I can think of something else.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Sage User

on hte local machine it would use a drive letter and on the client it would use unc.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHX
on hte local machine it would use a drive letter and on the client it would use unc.
The server and client must both have the same path to the recording directory for comskip to work. For example if the local machine sees it as drive D: the client must also see it as drive D:

If you're going to use UNC paths then both machines must be setup to use UNC paths.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Sage User

I got it wokring but i had to right click the shows and tell it to detect. how do i automate this?

Last edited by AHX; 04-11-2006 at 12:32 PM.