SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:42 PM

Brand New Sage Customer with problems.

Just purchased The PVR-150/1 license bundle and installed everything last night.

Basically I have 2 problems.

1.Absolutely no Audio from anything TV within sage.
2. TV signal works, but then Sage gets "No Signal" after a bit of usage.

I have struggled, and struggled, and dropped more money, and struggled, and can't find anything here to help me, so thought I'd post to see if you folks have any ideas.

First lemme post my hardware/software setup.

-Biostar 210v Socket A Small form factor.
-onboard "C-Media" audio (VIA chipset)
-AMD Athlon XP 2600 (2Ghz)
-512MB single stick DDR400 (running at 333)
-250GB WD ATA100 IDE HDD
-GeForce FX 5500 AGP
-.NET 1.1 and 2.0
-latest Sun Java
-latest video drivers, audio drivers, Hauppage BETA driver (description said it fixed some audio issues on some computers, thought I'd try it since the stable wasn't working), basically all latest drivers, with the one PVR-150 beta.
-Win XP PRO SP2 all updates

Audio within Windows XP works fine, and DVD's played within Sage work fine too. Full audio. It's just TV.

Second, the video basically goes blank after some time watching it. Usually not even an hour or so. Generally it seems to happen after changing a channel or going inside the menu then back to "Watch Live TV". After going blank (usually a white or red screen), i get a "No Signal" message from Sage.

To re-enable the TV signal, I have to reconfigure the video source, selecting my PVR-150 and doing all that jazz. It seems to bring the signal back. For reference, I'm tuning into a Comcast Cable TV signal straight coax without a cable box. Just basic enhanced service, not digital.

Reboots do not bring the signal back, have to go through deleting the PVR-150 in the configuration process, and adding it back again. Seems to work, but useless to me if i have to do it every 30 mins.

I've played with both audio decoder selection as well as mpeg-2 decoder selection to see if it helped with either of my audio/video problems. Doesn't work. Even bought a new video card (had a Radeon 9200, only Directx8) to see if that was the fix, it wasn't.

If it helps at all, I downloaded Mediaportal, and I didn't get any audio from the TV signal either, although I did get a picture, which I also do in Sage.

If you know something, please bestow your knowledge upon this humble Sage customer, cuz I'm freakin fustrated.

Thanks in advance....
Old 04-06-2006, 06:02 AM
Sage Icon

well, welcome to the forums.

So your not getting any audio in media portal either? Have you tried the Wintv software as well-you might want to see. I guess it's possibly that something is wrong with the 150 card and audio since the audio seems to be related solely to that card. do you have any other source you can input into the 150 to see if you get audio through that--maybe a VCR or something that uses coaxial? maybe a bad coaxial input--if that doesn't work either--try using another source with s-video and Rca jacks and see what happens. Also, maybe try uninstalling the card all together--drivers and all and start from stratch.

also-what version of sage are you running--try the latest beta's too though i doubt that will help. I'm sure others will chime in with more suggestions to get you going.
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 04-06-2006, 06:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Move your PVR150 card to a different slot in your PC. Before you do go into the BIOS and disable ports you aren't using like serial, parallel, etc. Check in your sound utilities for your C-media and make sure any input you can select is NOT set for your mic but maybe something like stereo sound, etc. (I don't have this chip so I'm guessing.) VIA chipset isn't the greatest for these types of cards and applications. Search the forum-there's been various issues.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Sage Icon

Wuss - as Juc said to start, try to see if your TV works outside of Sage and just watching TV with the software that comes with Hauppauge (I believe it's Win2000 or something like that).

I'm guessing that you will have no sound with that either and if so then the problem for the Audio is outside of Sage so you said you have sound from other applications then the next step is to get sound working with the Win2000 TV app that comes with the Hauppauge PVR150 card. Double click on the Volume icon on the taskbar and make sure the LineIn and all the other playback settings (except the Mic which doesn't matter) are not muted. Chances are the Line In or another may be muted or the volume setting may be way down. Make sure the volume settings in the Win2000 and/or Sage app are also not muted or down.

Regarding your video problem, I remember getting that a while back when I was running Sage on a single user computer and I can't remember what I did to fix it (something was triggering it to happen and I too had to reinstall the 150 drivers and can't remember off hand how I fixed it). Maybe others can chime in. Once you get Sage working though - it's very stable and almost always these type of problems are non-Sage related.

Mike

Mike
Old 04-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Sage Icon

Wuss - did you get your audio problem fixed? Check out this thread - I just discovered an interesting audio problem with my computer (I'm not sure if you could be having the same issue).

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...341#post150341

Mike