SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Sage User

Question Continuous scanning of multimedia directories

I did a search for this, but couldn't find the answer (or I just can't search )

I recently started using Sage (running trial, but decided to buy it since I like it). I'm still finetuning the installation.

I had added two multimedia directories, one for music and one for pictures. These directories are on the server across the network and are mapped to drives on the Sage TV PC.

When I was working on the server computer (no sage software installed there) I noticed that there was a lot of network traffic while there were no recordings active. I monitored the network traffic and it turned out that it was cycling through all the files in the multimedia directories and it seems to keep doing that. Does this ever stop? Or is it designed to do a continuous monitoring to check if files are changed/added?

I'd hate to flood the network with these requests (and load the disk array as well). For now I've removed the multimedia directories from the setup.

Thanks for any help.

Abel
PS. Lots of useful information in these forums.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Administrator

I don't remember when this was added (I thought it was a recent beta) & I couldn't find a reference for it, but perhaps try setting this property:

seeker/periodically_scan_library=false

Maybe someone who has used it will comment...

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Sage User

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Abel