SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Problem adding channel

hi,
I've added local HDTV broadcast channel 27 to my lineup and can receive it fine, but I get no guide data. I've entered the zap2it station id number, I've tried the 27-27-1 trick even though there is only one subchannel (27.1). The analog station (28) comes in fine on the guide, would there be a problem remapping to that station ID?
Old 03-29-2006, 09:47 PM
Administrator

I don't believe you can use the same station ID for multiple channels.

If the OTA channel is not available in SageTV's EPG data via some cable or satellite lineup, then SageTV may not have access to its listings at all. That could be what is happening.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

thanks opus,
the digital and analog lineups are identical but zap2it lists the station id's as different, so I believe at least in theory I should be getting the guide data. Is there a way to remap the channel to a cable or sattelite lineup even though I'm using my hdtvwonder ota card?
Old 03-30-2006, 08:43 AM
Administrator

I'm not sure what you are asking, so I don't know if what I said was clear... let me try again: If that HD channel's station ID is not available to SageTV (the company) via some cable or satellite provider's channel lineup, then they have no way of accessing the the listings for that channel when you add it to an OTA channel lineup. If this is the case, they wouldn't be able to provide EPG data for it. I don't know how often it happens, but it does occur -- just because the Zap2It site lists a channel doesn't always mean that SageTV can get that info for some reason.

If you have entered the correct station ID & it was accepted in the SageTV UI, and no data has been downloaded for that channel after waiting quite a while, then my guess would be that SageTV (the company) has no access to data for that channel.

If you think you enterd the Station ID incorrectly, then clear the mapping on the channel to remove it, wait until after the next EPG update & try adding the channel again. (If it doesn't ask for the station ID, then you didn't wait long enough for the ID to get cleared out of the database.)

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

maddening!
what exactly is sage buying from zap2it that wouldn't include my local digital lineup?!

the station is a duplicate on digital and analog, carried by cable, satellite, and ota, but all the standard def programming uses the same station ID for cable, ota, and satellite. What do people do who use both analog antenna and cable feeds or satellite for their lineup if you can't have duplicate station IDs?

Last edited by batorok; 03-30-2006 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Do you mean that the digital channel is definitely listed on some cable/satellite lineup in your area on the Zap2It site? If so, is that cable/satellite lineup available in SageTV and/or is the station ID for the cable/sat listing different from the OTA listing? If the cable/sat ID is different, try using that one. If the channel is on a cable lineup, then it seems like the data should be available.

You could see if tech support has more to say.

What zip code, lineup, and channel are you talking about?

- Andy
Old 03-31-2006, 05:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'll email tech support. OTA lineup in 27516 channel 28.1 (digital 27)
Old 03-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

batork,

I do not think that you will get anywhere with this. I have been through this with support ad nauseum. As I understand it, Sage has not purchased the digital OTA stations EPG data. If this information is not duplicated via some SDTV avenue(OTA, satellite, or cable) you will not be able to get the data. Be creative though. You may be able to locate the EPG info outside your viewing area from another cable or satellite provider.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

If a station has the same programming on the digital and analog stations there should be some way of using the same program guide for both.

My problem is that there is a station code for the analog transmission and I get the program listings. There isn't any station code for the digital transmission. I want to use the analog code for the digital transmission. It should work because the programming is the same for both analog and digital. I just can't get Sage to accept the analog code for the digital transmission.

Is there a procedure to get this done?