SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-23-2006, 03:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV stopped deleting old recordings

My SageTV box has been running great for a while now, but recently it has stopped deleting old, watched recordings. I can go into the recordings menu and see five football games (read: large files) which have been marked "watched" for many months, yet new recordings are failing because my recording drive only has ~3 MB free. Recently we lost a must-see, first-run episode.

I don't see any option for "delete old recordings" or "let Sage manage my recording folder" which might have gotten itself unchecked somehow. The only thing I've changed recently is to add a podcast client to download some small files (i.e. 42 MB per day), but shouldn't SageTV just sense that the drive is full and automatically try to free up space when it needs to start a new recording?

What's up with this?

SageTV 4.1.3 Release, Java 1.5 (update 6), P4 2.6 GHz (HT disabled), 1 GB RAM, Radeon 9250 SE, Streamzap (2.9.6)
Old 03-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Are those recordings Manual Recordings (outlined in red), Archived, or Favorites set to manual delete only? If so: you have to delete those shows manually using the Delete option because they will never get automatically deleted.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hmm...no, all my favorites are set to autodelete, and we almost never archive recordings. But nearly everything is a manual recording for some reason. Well, at least I did figure out how to clear that flag.

I wonder why SageTV won't delete manual recordings? Is there some option I can set to change this behavior? I ask because my family has trouble throwing things out, so it would be easier to just let the software do it.

Thanks for your help! Tonight is family movie night, and I was worried that the box was just going to die on us or something.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by null_pointer_us
I wonder why SageTV won't delete manual recordings? Is there some option I can set to change this behavior?
No, there isn't an option to change that. But, there was an option added in Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Ask to delete recordings at end of playback. You can set that to ask at the end of every recording, if you want.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.