SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Machine BSOD when opening SageTVServiceControl.exe

Machine BSOD when opening SageTVServiceControl.exe and same thing for the Java applet control panel.

I really think it's a Java thing but don't where to start troubleshooting it.

I just upgraded to 4.1.10 and was already at Java 1.5.6. When Sage was upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1.10 it asked if I wanted to run the SageTV Service Control after installing and I click on Yes. When it tried to, it brought up the SageTV Service Control window but it was empty - just an empty window with a border and the title on top with the close, min and max buttons in the top right corner. Machine locked up. Rebooted. Went to control panel and attempted to run the Java Control Panel but it too, opened up an empty window then locked up the machine.

I've uninstalled Java and re-installed multiple times under different "admin" accounts. I only have Java 1.5.6 on this machine.

I wanted to run an older version of Java - the 1.4 series but am not finding it on the www.sun.com site. So I uninstalled Java on the HTPC again, re-ran the installation for Sage but it never tried to re-install Java.

Any help/ideas?

Oh, and this was occuring on the previous verion of Sage, 4.0, but I didn't worry about it because for some reason the Sage service was already running. Right now the service is not registered and is not running (and I'd really like to get the service running again.)

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Odd thing. I logged into machine AWS-1 and through a UNC path (\\aws-3\c$\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\SageTV\SageTVServiceControl.exe.lnk) was able to launch the the Sage Service Control panel on the AWS-3 machine. I started the service on the AWS-3 machine (the HTPC). Then I "manage"d the AWS-3 machine (from AWS-1) and set the service startup to "automatic". Rebooted AWS-3 and now the SageTVServiceControl panel opens correctly and I am also able to open the Java control panel. Weird.