SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 03-13-2006, 01:55 PM
Sage User

some channels missing, help a noob

hi there, well im very new to the world of HTPC, and even more so with sage tv. im having problems with my epg. a LOT of cahnnels are missing from my lineup, i use zonealarm as a firewall, but ive opened up the required ports and gave access to www.zap2it.com. im using a Hauppauge 150 on an XP machine. everything else works (xcept the IR blaster, but ill post elsewhere for that). i live in ontario canada and my provider is rogers inc digital. (postal code L0H1G0) my STB is a SA explorer 3200. im not sure why its not working, im comming from GBPVR and it also uses zap2it XMLTV listings, and that was the one (and only) thing that worked for me with that software. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Administrator

What is missing? Are the channels not listed in Channel Setup, or do they just not have data in the Program Guide?

If the channels are entirely missing, make sure you've selected the correct provider & level of service for your cable service (there may be more than one lsited).

If you are missing data in the Program Guide, how long has it been since you set up the source using those channels? Sometimes, it seems like the first download can take a while; it isn't immediate.

BTW: if you are using SageTV's built-in EPG data, it is getting the listings via a connection to SageTV's servers, not directly from Zap2It.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Sage User

well ive tried with both the services availabe under my provider (basic service, and -extended basic service-, i havent been able to find ANY difference between the two) it seems that all channels are there when i am in the channel setup menu, but once in the tv guide, there are many channels missing. some channels are named differently than what they are named in the EPG of my STB (SA explorer 3200). i am hoping like you said that there is still some channels that havent been downlaoded, and that all will fix itself. keeping my fingers crossed.

p.s. you seem to know all about sage TV. have you taken a look at this thread?
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16185
seems i am not the only person having this IR blaster problem
Old 03-13-2006, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.d.
it seems that all channels are there when i am in the channel setup menu, but once in the tv guide, there are many channels missing.
If the channels are listed in Channel Setup, but are completely missing in the Program Guide, make sure the channels you are looking for are enabled in Channel Setup -- green dot next to them.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Sage User

yea, ive clicked the "enable all" and the green dots are next to them.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:53 PM
Administrator

I'm still not clear on what is missing, then. Is the Program Guide listing airings for those channels as "No Data", or are the channels entirely missing from the Program Guide screen?

The only way I can think of for channels to be entirely 'missing' from the Program Guide when using the default STV is when you have the same network on multiple channel numbers. This can happen if the same provider puts the same netorks on 2 different channel numbers, or if you have 2 tuners using different providers where the same networks are on different channel numbers.

In case that previous paragraph made absolutely no sense, see the bottom of p. 41 in the v4.1 PDF manual to see if that wording makes any more sense.

You could also check with SageTV tech support to see what they have to say about it.

- Andy
Old 03-19-2006, 10:54 PM
Sage User

Same Problems For Me

I live in Ottawa, Ontario. This is my first day trying out the software and I'm having the same problems as c.d.

I've configured SageTV to use Rogers Cable Enhanced for the channel source. Many channels are missing from the Guide when viewing Live TV. For example, in the Channel Setup configuration, the station SPACEC at channel 50 appears with a green dot (its showing as enabled) but if I click on the "View" tab, nothing happens (the preview does not switch to that channel). And when I close out of the configuration menus and go back to Live TV, the channel 50 number does not appear at all (as a possible channel selection).

I use an Atlantic Scientific 3200 Digital Box, a WinTV PVR-350 capture card and an IR Blaster.

Any help or thoughts - appreciated.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

you *should* be able to add them manually.
I had to do this.
It is a pain, but it does now work in my case.
XP Pro SP2, P4 2.6 ghz, 1GB RAM, 2 X 80GB seagate serial ATA barracuda HDDs,2 X 160 GB samsung silent parallel ATA HDDs, antec sonata v1.1, msi gforce 6600gt vivo, hpage pvr150, sagetv v5, harmony remote, hauppauge media mvp, USB UIRT, Bell Expressvu