SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 03-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

finding the 'selected item' thingy...

im trying to find the part in the original STV that defines the "selected item". the white gradient that sits ontop of the selected item.. 'cell'.

what i ultimatly want to do is, while in the EPG, make the selected item somewhat transparent so that i can see the color indicator behind the selected item. whether its sports (Green), movies (purple), news (yellow) etc..

i understand that the selected item is probably linked throughout the theme, so that when i change it in the EPG it will probably change for everything, but thats ok

its a little hard to explain exactly what i want, so ive included a screenshot with a red arrow pointing to the item i want to change. since i dont know exactly what to call what im looking for, its equally hard to look through the the STV in studio to find what im looking for. i have looked for the past hour or so, changing things to see what they affect then reverting them to default, and going down the line trying to figure it out which has worked for a lot of the minor graphical changes that ive done to the original STV but this one has me stumped, i cant seem to find what it is im looking for.

in anycase here is the screenshot:

Old 03-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Sage

Go to the EPG in SageTV and then open the Studio and go to Debug->UI Components. Then expand the tree and select the widgets to narrow down to what you want to change. Everything that is rendered will show up here, so if you see it you should be able to find it. Sometimes images are also in themes, so check there as well. When you've found it, just right click and select highlight widget. Then you'll see what needs to be changed.

The debug tools in Studio are pretty useful. They can really explain a lot of what's going on.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:15 PM
SageTVaholic

In Studio:

1. Find the THEME ORGANIZER menu and click it open.
2. Click open MenuThemes.
3. Find GridEPGTheme. Set As Primary Reference if necessary. Click it open.
4. Click open the EPGCell item.
5. Find "If Focused". Set As Primary Reference. Click it open.
6. Click open the true branch. (You'll probably have to Set As Primary Reference here too.)

The four shapes you see here define the look of the highlighted EPG item. As I recall, this same "If Focused" code is also used by reference for various other purposes such as OptionsMenu buttons, buttons on the Setup menus, etc. So changing it will likely change all of that.

You could copy the If widget and its descendants, paste the copy in under EPGCell, and delete the reference to the original. Then you could change just the EPGCell copy without affecting anything else. Be very careful when doing this, however, or you could end up deleting the shared code by accident when you think you're just deleting a reference.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

ohhhh..

debug -> ui components...

now thats hot

thanks narflex, that makes it MUCH easier to find what im looking for. SOOO much easier

and thanks greg for the run down, thats ultimatly where i ended up after using the debug option.

Last edited by xlr8shun; 03-04-2006 at 10:00 PM.