SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Sage Icon

Adding STB USB-UIRT: Waiting for Remote '0' Press...Locks SageTV Up

I was setting up my new STB (DCT2500) inside of SageTV, and have a USB-UIRT. I got to the point where you are supposed to teach Sage what the number buttons are on the remote. Starting with '0', it told me to push '0' on the remote, and not to release until told to do so. I hold the button down for several seconds (one time 30 seconds), and it never tells me to stop pushing the button. At that point, Sage is locked up, and I have to end the task to get out of it. I tried this several times, all with the same end result. Any ideas why this isn't working?

Anyway, since the DCT2000 is similar, I decided just to copy it's .ir file, and use it as my DCT2500. This worked, but now I have a question.

Is there any way to speed up the channel changing (time between digits), because it takes nearly 6-8 seconds to change channels or so. Is this for reliability reasons, or do I need to change some timing? How do I change the timing? In the .ir file somehow?

Oh, using SageTV 4.1.8 Beta, with service mode. Windows XP MCE (all MCE services disabled).
Old 03-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Try configuring it w/o service mode. If there is no issue, let SageTV know configuration doesn't work in service mode.

You can change some of the timings via the Source Details screen -- there is a Tuner Control option, where you can set some of the times for Remote Control Options.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Try configuring it w/o service mode. If there is no issue, let SageTV know configuration doesn't work in service mode.

You can change some of the timings via the Source Details screen -- there is a Tuner Control option, where you can set some of the times for Remote Control Options.

- Andy
Ah, thanks for the source details. I didn't know there was a place to look at that.

Will do on the remote service thing. Will report back here when I found out, either way.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Sage Icon

Not using service mode did not help. I'm thinking now, it might be an STV issue. I'm going to switch to the default STV tonight or tomorrow, and try it there.

Also, trying to change the timing would not "keep" the setting I typed in...probably another STV issue, but not sure.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Also, trying to change the timing would not "keep" the setting I typed in...probably another STV issue, but not sure.
If you need to do it manually, those values are on the first line of the .IR file... the only problem is that I don't remember what each number on that lline is for. But, since you can see the values in SageTV, you could just change those numbers in the .IR file when SageTV isn't running.

Edit: I just tried making those changes from within SageTV & it worked on my system, so it _should_ work. I recently finished putting a new system together too, and just now installed the v1.4 USB-UIRT drivers (from the USB-UIRT support page) before testing it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Sage Icon

Hmm...Using the default STV didn't help. Even went to 4.1.8, and that didn't fix it. I let support know (while working on an existing problem), but haven't heard back from them yet. For now, I just edited the default file, and made my own.

Question. Anyone using a DCT2500 know how low of a time you can go with for "Delay between Codes?" I think I'm down to 150ms, but it still seems a bit slow.

Also, what is the second setting, "Delay between channel changes" for? I noticed that I can't set these settings inside of Sage either, it just goes back to what was originally there, but it's obvious what the numbers are, in the .ir file, so I just changed them manually.