SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Sage Icon

Question Uninstall Plugins?

OK ... I thought I remember reading somewhere that plug-ins (read STVi's) cannot be uninstalled. At the same time, I remember having a discussion about different Mini-Guide versions and being told that if I install a new version in which the STVi had a newer version number in it, then I could just delete the old STVi file.

So, my question is this ... Say I have installed a new version of Nielm's IMDB (v.3.6) and had issues with it, but hadn't had any issues with an older version (v.3.3) ... Couldn't I just shut down Sage, delete the 3.6 STVi file, copy in the old 3.3 STVi back into Sage and re-import it??

Wouldn't that back rev me to a version that I felt worked?? Or will that jack up my Sage setup??

Thanks, T.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Sage Icon

Andy? ... Anybody?

Bump ...
Old 03-04-2006, 09:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi mightyt,

do you still have the Backup of your STV file from before you imported the plugin (it should still be in your STVs directory unless you deleted it, since SageTV 4.1 always imports into a new file ...) ? If so, load the old version and then reimport the previous import version again. I think the IMDB plugin also contains java JAR files, so it would probably be a good idea to replace those as well (and restart SageTV), in case they changed for the new version. You dont have to delete the 3.6 STVi file, the import file is not used any longer once you imported it into your STV.

If you installed any other plugins after the IMDB 3.6 import, you would have to reimport those as well.

Simply reimporting and older STVi doesn't work in most of the cases, unless the import is specifically written to undo all changes it made during the previous import ...

Dirk
Old 03-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Sage Icon

Some of the imports can simply be re-imported over top of a previous version but sometimes not. To do this properly though you need to understand what happens the the STV when an STVi is imported.

Sage comes with its default STV file named SageTV3.xml, when you import your first STVi Sage creates a new STV file called SageTV3-1.xml that is a merge of the default and the import. It leaves the default STV alone. After you import a second STVi file, Sage creates another new STV file called SageTV3-2.xml and so on and so on...

So, to revert back to the default you just change the current STV file back to the default SageTV3.xml. To revert back to an STV prior to the one you want to remove you have to have noted the order you installed the imports and revert back to SageTV3-X.xml and then re-import anything imported afterwards that you still want to keep.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks!!!

Yes, I have noticed that with every import the STV get's inrementally upgraed. The problem is figuring out whcih incrfement was for which import??

So, then it sounds like I will not be able to just copy over an old imports files and reimport it ...

The only way is to select and old STV, delete the newer import files, copy the older import files and import the old version ... and then reimport any other STVi's depending on how far back I had to go to back rev the one I desired to go to in the first place ...

Hmmm ... I almost don't think I make sense to myself??!!

Hope I'm not too confusing ...

I appreciate the feedback !!! T.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:40 AM
Sage Icon

Easiest way is to go back to the original SageTV3.xml file and redo all the imports. won't take more time than it took to post to this forum.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Easiest way is to go back to the original SageTV3.xml file and redo all the imports. won't take more time than it took to post to this forum.
Point taken ... Guess I can easily tell what I have imported by looking at what STVi's are in the folder, then if I dump them, drop back to the original STV and then drop all the new STVi's in I cuold just import them one by one ... Hmmm .... OK ...

Thanks ... T.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:47 AM
SageTVaholic

I'll post an 'importer' tool later this week which will allow you to import multiple imports in one run. Could make this stuff a little easier ...

Dirk
Old 03-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Sage Icon

Narflex also hinted that he has a better system for imports and upgrading in the works. Probably won't come out very soon as I'm sure he's busy with Placeshifter, MVP, and such other features for now.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I'll post an 'importer' tool later this week which will allow you to import multiple imports in one run. Could make this stuff a little easier ...

Dirk
Cool !!! Now that's what I'm talking about ...
Old 03-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard
Narflex also hinted that he has a better system for imports and upgrading in the works. Probably won't come out very soon as I'm sure he's busy with Placeshifter, MVP, and such other features for now.
I am sure as you said .. it's gonna be low on the list ... But and import for imports would work ... Hmmm ...
Old 03-09-2006, 06:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
Cool !!! Now that's what I'm talking about ...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16685