SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Audio stream in HD

I turned to the Simpsons tonight on Fox, and to my shock, they were speaking Spanish! It looks like Sage wasn't choosing the correct audio stream to decode? I'm using the nvidia audio decoder that came with the PureVideo decoder.

I've also had problems with no audio at all being decoded. I watched this before my very eyes when Sage was switching between files when the current program was over - it went from having audio to none at all at the transition.

I'm using the Avermedia A180 card, btw and Sage 4.1.8.

Is this a known issue with Sage or nvidia decoders?
Old 03-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Sage User

I recently upgraded to the 4.1.8 beta and have also seen some strange audio issues. Apparently with 4.1.8 Sage is no longer copying the raw transport stream (.ts), but rather creating a non-compliant program stream (.mpg) instead.

I was able to play a recording in WMP, but when I tried to edit it with VideoRedo there was no audio. I also use a tool called VideoInspector which reported that the mpg had no audio. It turns out there is a beta of VideoRedo which works with these Sage-mangled files.

Here is a thread which discusses the fix.

Quote:
VideoReDo can now be used with Sage TV HD files. Sage HD audio packets are not properly formed and caused prior versions of VideoReDo to drop the audio. Using the manual options (see above), you can allow VideoReDo to accept this data.
The option in VRD says "Allow processing of improper AC3 PES packets." The bottom line is that I will probably revert back to my old version of Sage and stay away from the beta for a while. I don't need the added headache of non-compliant files. It is already difficult enough just trying to get clean OTA reception and convert the files to Xvid. When it works, it is spectacular. It rarely works.