SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Unable to watch LiveTV

I've tried searching, but have not found an answer already posted on the forums.

I am running Sage 2.2.8 (yes it's old. I haven't upgraded. Soon ) and I can't seem to watch Live TV anymore. I've checked my settings and everything else works-I can watch recorded shows, but I can't stream them live. I have to record them first.

I have a security camera hooked up to one of my PVR250 cards and occasionally I view the camera. The last time I checked the camera via the client (a month ago) I saw the picture. I checked a few days ago and had a black screen. Thought the camera had died, so I replaced it. still no picture-black screen.

Couldn't see the live video on the server as well, so I removed the composite input and re-installed the video source. reinstalled the source on the wrong card *doh* so I just moved the video input cable over to the proper card. Now I see the video on the server when I select "composite" in LiveTV. Great.

Next, I fire up the client computer, but still just black video when composite is selected in the EPG. What the heck? I then select composite in the epg, choose "record now" in the program info screen, then I wait 5 seconds and select "view now". I can see the video from the camera.
I then cancel the recording and select "view now" and go back to the black screen.

What is weird is if I right-click on the video, the menu on the client while watching liveTV only shows four entries-cancel, main menu, close file, toggle full screen. The right-click menu while watching a manually recording livetv source shows the normal 9 menu entries.

The server is set to VMR9, sage mpeg video decoder, 3d disabled, overlay disabled. The client is the same-vmr9, sage mpeg decoder, 3d disabled, overlay disabled. Default video recording is DVD standard play.

Apparently sage is recording the mpeg streams correctly to disk but won't stream them directly to the client. The composite input is not conflicting with timed or manual recordings. Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it?

I guess I should stop watching live TV and only watch recorded shows

Last edited by Menehune; 02-27-2006 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Tech support can't find any errors in my logs, but the liveTV picture is still not showing on my client machine. If I do a manual record of the show, then watch the recording (watch now) the pix shows.

I don't know if I'll need to re-install the client, put the client on another machine for testing, or possibly re-install my client's video card drivers.

Old 03-07-2006, 07:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

This is a looooong shot, but....
I had the same problem with v4 of sagetv - no liveTV on my client, I had to record the show, wait few seconds and then I could see the liveTV on my client.

To fix it:
Try to set the computer clock on the CLIENT to a later time, a minuet later than the time on the server. This fixed my problem. Also don't forget to cancel Syncronize time with server.

Oren.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hmm, let me check the clocks when I get home.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, I'll be...

The client clock was 30 seconds behind the server. Reset the client's clock to be one minute fast and the liveTV works again!

I'll email tech support and let them know about the fix.