SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 02-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
TO all My Threatre users

the latest xml exporter for Sage has been released more info is here

http://board.mytheatre.ru/viewtopic.php?t=3917&start=75

and the file can be downloaded here

http://board.mytheatre.ru/dload.php?...le&file_id=155

just the coles notes.

It now exports MPAA ratings & content ratings for parent control to work. It now has a upto 30 key word searches that can be customized to search the DESC syntax for grouping programmes into categorys. (the 3 colors/categorys Movies (pink), News (gold) and sports event(green) etc.. We also added HD tags for HD icons for Sagetv EPG too. Unfortunely we can not add in First run/rerun info because of the epg source used does not contain that info. Also if your running this program will hurt slower machines. Some people have reported it takes upto 5 minutes on a AMD XP1800 to make a 25 meg xml file. So be warned if you are running a slow machine. On my system takes 40 seconds on a XP4200+ dual core

So if you can live with that, then this project will make your Sagetv feel a little more like home and you'll be happy. As of right now, it looks like we have done all we can do with the data from birds from above.

So I think its safe to say that this project is done (for now) it only took 3 month in our spare time to finish off. So give a really big thanks to Dplu on the MT Forum for helping us out.

thanks
Old 02-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Motofreak75,

I've been stalking this thread from the MT forums and was wondering if you could come up with a quick tutorial to implement this.

Couple of questions?

Does the EPG update automatically or do you have to manually run it?

Can you mix this info with the Zap-To-It?

I want to combine the PPV data from this plug in with my current Sage guide for Dish. I need to keep my First Runs Info for my favs.

Thanks

Technazz
Old 02-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

Good work bud! When you say you added the tags for HDTV, does that mean you added the <quality>HDTV</quality> tag? If so great, I wrote a script that reads that tag and if the channel that is broadcasting the HD content is listed as one of your HD channels it will prepend the title with "HD - ".

I don't think most people would like this, that's why I haven't posted it, but for me, it allows me to create a favorite like "HD - American Idol", and Sage will only record the show on the HD channels.

The downside is that it doesn't record the SD version if all of the HD showings conflict with other recordings. I guess you could create a second favorite for SD, but then the show could get recorded twice.

Anyways, great job.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks guys

heres a general setup

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...1&postcount=25

its a start and also look for Rsagetv99 script about getting the channel IDs in order.

this should get you started.

The new xml exporter looks for HD- in the title and then creates HD syntax in the xml file fore that programme.

<aspect>16:9</aspect>
<quality>HDTV</quality>

Cheers
Old 02-24-2006, 03:55 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak75
Thanks guys

heres a general setup

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...1&postcount=25

its a start and also look for Rsagetv99 script about getting the channel IDs in order.

this should get you started.

The new xml exporter looks for HD- in the title and then creates HD syntax in the xml file fore that programme.

<aspect>16:9</aspect>
<quality>HDTV</quality>

Cheers
I noticed that the title was coming in with HD- in front of most of the Movies offered in HD (even before implementing my HD script ), I didn't see it in the regular series listings on the other HD channels, ABCHD, CBSHD, etc. If you use Zap2it for these channels you should be OK, but if you are using the exporter, from what you are saying it doesn't sound like it will have the <HDTV> tag.

BTW, have you figured out how to get Sage to add the HD flag to the show? I don't think Demedius' script is passing the "HDTV" info to Sage yet.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Sage Expert

I used Zapit as a source to look at the HD tags, so they are the same. And yes you are correct Demedius importer will not allow HD tages to be imported.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak75
I used Zapit as a source to look at the HD tags, so they are the same.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. What I meant was that, when using the MT exporter, the EPG data for the HD local channels (ABC, CBS, FOX, etc), does not have "HD-" in the title for HD programs like CSI, American Idol, etc. ; so your method of tagging HDTV for those channels will not work.

However, if you use Zap2it XML data for those channels, instead of the MT exporter, you will get the HDTV tag.