SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can I partial Record?

Is it possible to record a 10 minute segment of a 30 minute show?

When I am watching a show, I can go to details and hit record but it records the whole show and not at the starting point that I want.
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 02-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Administrator

You could set up a timed recording. You could use the Record command to make it a Manual Recording, then edit the recording's options & change the stop time (or start time if the recording hasn't already started). You could do the same for a fav if you always want the same 10 minutes of some show.

But, live TV will be deleted when it is over. If you have that option turned off, then it may not show up in the recordings list since it is a partial. But, the short Manual & Fav recordings will be listed.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Maybe someone else uses some other 'tricks'.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.