SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-19-2006, 10:50 AM

Media Extender Server menu option

I just received my MediaMVP and I've hit a snag early in the setup process. Appendix M of the SageTV V.4 manual tells me that I need to enable the SageTV server and the Media Extender Server in Detail Setup/Advanced. My problem is the Media Extender Server option is not showing in this menu. I've enabled the SageTV server and restarted but this option still does not appear. I'm running the latest beta version 4.1.6.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Is there a configuration file that I can edit to enable the Media Extender Server?
Old 02-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Make sure you are using the current SageTV3.xml STV file, not an older .stv file or custom one.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:27 PM

OK - I switched from SageMC_169.stv to SageTV3.stv but still no dice. I've tried toggling the SageTV Server and restarting.

Do you have any other suggestions?
Old 02-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Please try the file I mentioned. You'll probably have to edit the properties file to load it, since older .stv files don't recognize .xml STV files. Shut down SageTV & replace any occurance of sagetv3.stv in the properties file with sagetv3.xml.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:04 PM

I got it now. The SageTV3.xml STV file wasn't coming up as an option until I edited the properties file. The Media Extender Server option is now appearing in the menu.

Thanks for the help.