SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

New SageTV Client Can Browse But Not Play

I just purchased the full version of the SageTV Client. My eval version worked just fine but the full version is having issues. When first asked for the IP or Hostname of my Server, it can never connect by Hostname. When I give it an IP, it connects and browses all the available content but any time I attempt to watch any of it, I get the following error.

Error (-2) Files Selected For Playback Are No Longer Are on Disk

Any thoughts? Help!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Administrator

What type of content? Perhaps see the info in the posts here.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

My music is over UNC but all the rest is local to the sage server. I get the same error no matter which I choose. Maybe I should blow out the box and get rid of the previous trial version all together. Also, every time I restart the client, it requests the Server IP again. I thought at first it couldnt connect but since it can navigate the source, it made sense that it was succesfully connecting. Has a new release of Sage been made available since January which might require me to upgrade the v4 I'm running on the server?
Old 02-15-2006, 11:38 PM
Administrator

As far as I know, any v4.1 version should be able to talk to another v4.1 version; they should both have v4.0 or both have v4.1, though. If you are using v4.1.x, check System Info to see if 'x' is the same number... couldn't hurt making them match exactly.

Did you set the option in Detailed Setup for the client to automatically connect?

You said the non-music is local to the server... but what path is the server using to get to those files? (what file path is shown in detailed info for a video?)

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm not quite up to 4.1 beta yet on the server, and it looks like the client I downloaded is the same. I just blew the OS out as a fail safe to all this to make sure I'm not complicating this with some unrelated issue. I'll double check the autoconnect setting when I reinstall.

As for the music, it is a mapped drive on the server to a different machine all together. Will that be a problem? The rest of the content is local to the server mapped to a physical drive (D:\SageRecordings\ ).
Old 02-16-2006, 01:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well, fresh install and the same problem. It connects to the server (autoconnect is set now), can browse everything there but always throws an error when trying to play something.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:33 AM
Administrator

Are you sure the client & server are the same versions? I think you said it was working during the trial, so I don't know why it would stop working when you enter the license, perhaps unless you've changed the client version. What does each one say in System Information?

- Andy
Old 02-16-2006, 09:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

I assumed that the client I just downloaded would have been the latest full version, is this not the beta? Do I need to run the beta server version as well or can I download the previous matching full version of the client?

My Client version is 4.1.3.67
My Server Version is 4.0.0.56

Edit:
I just found the 4.1.3 version of the Server, must have missed that from before. I'll update the server and see what happens.

Last edited by DRM2PVR; 02-16-2006 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you Opus,
You got me back on track again, its all working now that the versions are matched. Upgrades are something Sage does very well without distress. Thanks you.