SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question Question on SageTV

Does it have a weather plug in?

And Also I just placed a order for the snapstream firefly remote how well will it work out of the box with it?
Old 02-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yes it has a built in weather center which is good enough for some. There is also a more extensive weather suite that you can use as well.

Not too sure about the snapstream remote as I don't use one though ...
Old 02-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

The Firefly will work nominally out of the box with Beyond Media Basic. If you don't want to use BMB you can set up Girder to use it (I never used BMB... only Girder).

I love the firefly in terms of functionality and layout... but unfortunately I could never get it to work reliably (range/location issues)... I always had to lean towards the receiver or hold it in a certain orientation. I've since switched to an IR remote. I guess I just have a crappy noisy RF environment in my living room.

Last edited by davin; 02-10-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Sage User

I just set up the Firefly remote with Sage 4.0 2 weeks ago. You'll have to map some of the buttons, but it's easy to do. See the following link http://forum.byopvr.com/dvr/index.php/topic,5127.0.html. Instead of mapping, you can just copy over the file.

Reception is great for me, through a wall. My computer is in the next room. If you need better reception, you can extend the antenna. See http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/show...=firefly+range or http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/show...refly+distance.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

wow never got a Email reply about posts.. but anyways.. I have girder

The Harmony remote was nice but it had no IR recever!

My PC is in the bedroom so range really wont be an issue unless I maybe take it with me someplace.

Also I still have SageTV 3 so will it still work if I just copy it over?

I found this Xml file here which I think it's for girder? Not too sure about that.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruWRX
wow never got a Email reply about posts.
In the menu bar at the top, check your User CP area, then in "Edit Options", check your setting for "Default Thread Subscription Mode"

BTW: the built-in weather is shown in the PDF manual, pages 106 - 108 for v4.1.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Sage Icon

Sage 4 has a cool basic weather / 10-day weather built in.

If you are a weather freak, check our Salsbst WRS (Weather Report Suite). If you like a little geek tweak you can get some great dymanic weather maps and even nuild in you local traffic ... See the Customizations Section of this forum.

As for Firefly ... With Girder you can make it do just about anything ... I use it with Girder and it works great even with my custom menus.

As for range / orientation, I do get some of that, but also got it with my old ATI Remote Wonder. I guess with all the electo-junk in my house it souldn't surprise me.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruWRX
Also I still have SageTV 3 so will it still work if I just copy it over?

I found this Xml file here which I think it's for girder? Not too sure about that.
It might. I had SageTV 3, but not with Firefly. Give it a shot. It won't hurt. Just remember to back up the orginal file before you overwrite it.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
In the menu bar at the top, check your User CP area, then in "Edit Options", check your setting for "Default Thread Subscription Mode"

BTW: the built-in weather is shown in the PDF manual, pages 106 - 108 for v4.1.

- Andy

Thanks.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
Sage 4 has a cool basic weather / 10-day weather built in.

If you are a weather freak, check our Salsbst WRS (Weather Report Suite). If you like a little geek tweak you can get some great dymanic weather maps and even nuild in you local traffic ... See the Customizations Section of this forum.

As for Firefly ... With Girder you can make it do just about anything ... I use it with Girder and it works great even with my custom menus.

As for range / orientation, I do get some of that, but also got it with my old ATI Remote Wonder. I guess with all the electo-junk in my house it souldn't surprise me.

SageTV 4 was the first to have the built in weather without having to add it in?
Old 02-17-2006, 01:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sweet I got my firefly remote yesterday, works on the first floor, and my pc is on the 3rd floor.

Only thing is I wished the button lit up.