SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 02-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Calling all MT users, Demedius plus Channel Order!

I am new to the XMLTV scene, but it appears that the Demedius plugin gives us everything we need minus the ability to maintain the channel order (without a lot of editing). I decided to write a script that could do that editing for us, you can learn more about it here.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...9&postcount=25
Old 02-10-2006, 09:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

The script is ready, for those interested follow the link.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

I made some changes to the script and wanted to give better instructions on how to use it. There are now two scripts, use the single version if you only have one XML file to parse, use multi if you will be parsing multiple XML files from different providers. This script works with Zap2-it Data Direct XML files and with the MyTheatre XML eporter by DPLU. I have not tested it with XML files from other sources, but if you post a few lines of your file I will tell you if it will work.

1. Download the Kixtart command processor from Kixtart.org (it's free).
2. Extract the files to c:\kixtart\ (you can put it somewhere else, but these instructions assume you installed it in c:\kixtart\)
3. Download my scripts into C:\kixtart\
4. Edit the script to match the path and file-name(s) of your downloaded XML EPG files.
5. Edit Demedius' xmltv.properties, add to the bottom of the file:
include=xmltv_channel_ids.txt
6. Manually you can now go to Start-Run c:\kixtart\kix32 c:\kixtart\<script>
where <script> is the name of the file the script that you are using (multi or single depending on your needs).

This will output a file called xmltv_channel_ids.txt to c:\program files\SageTV\SageTV\.

That's it, when you add the new XML source the channels will be mapped with the channel numbers listed in the XML file. If you already have the XMLTV source configured, then the next time your EPG updates it will import the new channel mapping.
Attached Files
File Type: txt xml_channel_parse_multi.txt (1.6 KB, 598 views)
File Type: txt xml_channel_parse_single.txt (1.4 KB, 627 views)
Old 02-15-2006, 01:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

I want to try this out! Looks so good but every time i try i get frustrated and say **** it lol. I'll give it a try again though. I suppose it's workin good for you? Especially seeing that zap2it doesn't give data for alot of the US local channels. Thanks for the work and effort to make Sage Heaven a better place to be

Carl

-It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase...
-Deep Purple
Old 02-15-2006, 08:40 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlG
I want to try this out! Looks so good but every time i try i get frustrated and say **** it lol. I'll give it a try again though. I suppose it's workin good for you? Especially seeing that zap2it doesn't give data for alot of the US local channels. Thanks for the work and effort to make Sage Heaven a better place to be

Carl
No problem, let me know if you have any questions.
Not sure what you mean about zap2it, I have been getting EPG data for all of my locals.

BTW, I created one more variation of the script, this one should be used if you want to renumber channels from one or more (up to 9) providers. It will prepend 1-9 to the beginning of the channel number E.G. if the old channel was 107 and you choose $RenumberPrepend7, the new channel number will be 7107.

This is only useful if the network encoder allows you to renumber your channels, so keep in mind whenever you use this script to renumber the channels, you have to make sure that they are also renumbered in your network encoder software. Of course MyTheatre fully suppors channel renumbering.
Attached Files
File Type: txt xml_channel_parse_multi_renumber.txt (3.6 KB, 456 views)
Old 02-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

What I mean about zap2it is that with D*sh there's a pile of channels that show up in MT that don't get listed on Sage; you have to manually add channels to the lineup-but those channels (for me anyways) all come up as no data. Alot of the local channels do show up, but alot in the 8000-9000 range aren't there. Maybe it's just me??

Carl

-Deep Purple
Old 02-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlG
What I mean about zap2it is that with D*sh there's a pile of channels that show up in MT that don't get listed on Sage; you have to manually add channels to the lineup-but those channels (for me anyways) all come up as no data. Alot of the local channels do show up, but alot in the 8000-9000 range aren't there. Maybe it's just me??
Sorry, I was assuming that everyone already knew about DPLU's exporter. With this tool you can extract the EPG data from MyTheatre into XML format, you can use it to fill in missing Zap2it EPG data like in the 8000-9000 range (and the 500-540 range).

My script will map channels using both Zap2it xml files and the xml files from the MyTheatre exporter.

Hope this helps. If needed, let me know the names of the xml files you need the channels from and I will help you with the configuration of my script.

DPLU's Utility: http://board.mytheatre.ru/viewtopic.php?t=3917
Old 02-17-2006, 12:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

I knew about the exporter but i guess im just a dumbass...gettin that sucker goin's been hell for me...I'll give it another shot later today. Thanks for the help offer, it's much appreciated and I'll probably have to take you up on that!

Carl

Edited to add: 8000-9000 range (and the 500-540 range) ----> HHHHOOOOOAAAA

-Deep Purple

Last edited by CarlG; 02-17-2006 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Sage Fanatic

These instructions from Motofreak helped me:
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...1&postcount=25

Disregard his comments about all of the channel editing that you have to do, since my scripts will do it for you.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Great RSageTV99 Thank you and now I am pumped. I will get this working today and as of right now I'm on it! Man, will i be one happy camper when this all comes together

Carl

-Deep Purple
Old 04-11-2006, 01:01 AM

CAn you help me import EPG data from MtTheatre

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
I am new to the XMLTV scene, but it appears that the Demedius plugin gives us everything we need minus the ability to maintain the channel order (without a lot of editing). I decided to write a script that could do that editing for us, you can learn more about it here.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...9&postcount=25
I am able to explort XMLTV data from MT using XMLTV2MTEPG. But when I import the data in sageTV, the channel number gets all messed up. I think your script is something whcih I need to use but not sure how exactly.

Can you please help me here? I have downloaded demideus XMLTV plugin and it can import but not sure about xmltv.properties.

can somebody give me step by step instruction to import XML data from Mytheatre?

thanks
Old 04-11-2006, 07:53 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
I dont have time this morning to make a step by step, but heres the Coles note version

1. dump all the dom's xml exporter files into sagetv directory (and configure ini file) make sure you have this line in " EXPORTXML=c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv\epgdata.xml "
2.download KIX.exe and place in the system32 folder
3. create a bat file with this in it

------------------------------------------------------------------
xmltv2mtepg123.exe
del "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\xmltv_channel_ids.txt"
kix32 "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\xml_channel_parse_single.txt"

exit
-------------------------------------------------------------------

And call it " xml export.bat " of course without the quotations and place it in the sagetv directory. I added in del "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\xmltv_channel_ids.txt" so that if you change the channel numbers around in MT, this will be done automatic without screwing anything in the Sages wiz.bin.

4. add in this line at the top of xmltv.properties " run.before=xml export.bat " or to which propertie file runs MT plugin.
5. in " xml_channel_parse_single.txt " << this is what I called my file from Rsagetv99's great script. and make sure it points to the correct files.

e.g.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
$File="C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\epgdata.xml"

Open(1,$File)
Open(2,"c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\xmltv_channel_ids.txt",5)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

with this done, you will have a great automated EPG from MT everytime Sage gets epg info without you doing anything.

I may have forgetten something but I dont have much time ( I have to get ready to drive 26 hours to get to work in Florida tomorrow for 10 days)

Last edited by Motofreak75; 04-11-2006 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:45 AM

Motofreak75, thanks a lot. I will give it a try today.
Another question if somebody has any clue. I changed from Sage internal EPG to XMLplugin and then when the channel names where messed up becuase of XML plugin (because I didn't run the channel id script), I deleted the soource and readded again using internal EPG. Now, the program guide just shows "TRIAL EXPIRED". what does this mean??
Old 04-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_man
Motofreak75, thanks a lot. I will give it a try today.
Another question if somebody has any clue. I changed from Sage internal EPG to XMLplugin and then when the channel names where messed up becuase of XML plugin (because I didn't run the channel id script), I deleted the soource and readded again using internal EPG. Now, the program guide just shows "TRIAL EXPIRED". what does this mean??

Ive never see Trial Expired before I can't help you with that.

Usually I delete the source then close down sage restart then re-add the source.

Technazz
Old 04-12-2006, 10:23 AM

Thanks everybody for the information. I am successfully able to import XMLTV data from MT using dplu utility and the script from this thread. It works perfectly. ONly that some of the channels doesn't have data.

I have few questions as well.
1. If I want to use XMLTV data from Zap2it and rest from MT, how do I do it?WHat grabber to get data from Zap2it and how to integrate both?
2. I didn't have SageTV server enabled. DO I need to have SageTV application running for XMLTV plugin to import the data automatically (some time once a day).
3. How do you guys manage recording using MT network plugin? I use DVB-S card using MT and using Mytheatre plugin watch it in SageTV. I also put my machine in standby mode when I am not watching and at that time I close both SageTV and Mytheatre. I start SageTV usning remote and girder and automatically starts MT as well. But for scheduled recording and if the machine is in standby, how will this work?

thanks
Old 04-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_man
Thanks everybody for the information. I am successfully able to import XMLTV data from MT using dplu utility and the script from this thread. It works perfectly. ONly that some of the channels doesn't have data.

I have few questions as well.
1. If I want to use XMLTV data from Zap2it and rest from MT, how do I do it?WHat grabber to get data from Zap2it and how to integrate both?
2. I didn't have SageTV server enabled. DO I need to have SageTV application running for XMLTV plugin to import the data automatically (some time once a day).
3. How do you guys manage recording using MT network plugin? I use DVB-S card using MT and using Mytheatre plugin watch it in SageTV. I also put my machine in standby mode when I am not watching and at that time I close both SageTV and Mytheatre. I start SageTV usning remote and girder and automatically starts MT as well. But for scheduled recording and if the machine is in standby, how will this work?

thanks

Ill answer #1 and #2, I dont use stanby so I dont know about waking sage and MT.

1# You can specify different XMLTV files within Demedius xmlt.properties files and you can grab Zap2It with http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=39046
and using the "xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --configure" command to set it up then "xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --configure"xmltv tv_grab_na_dd --listings c:\xmltv\2.xml --days 9" to run

#2 You dont need to have the server running Sage will update every 24hrs.

Technazz
Old 04-12-2006, 10:58 AM

Thanks for quick reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
#2 You dont need to have the server running Sage will update every 24hrs.
Technazz
Do I need to have SageTV application running in that case? Do you mind telling how sagetv handles recording and XMLTV import? DOes it uses task sceduling?