SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sage won't stop recording

I set Sage up to record the game tonight, as well as the next couple of shows afterward in case it went past its scheduled time. Due to some system issues, I actually watched the game through a set top box rather than through Sage. Around 11:30, I went onto my Sage system to see what was happening. It was still recording. Strange, I thought to myself, since even the additional programs I scheduled were over by then. I could see a show in the preview menu, but it soon locked up, and in fact the whole system locked. I had to power off and reboot to get it up and running again. Anyone else had trouble with this? I have seen my system do it before. The last time it happened, I thought it was because the drive had run out of space, and Sage didn't know how to handle it. Tonight, however, I still had 135GB free on a brand new drive with nothing else on it.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

I seem to have the same problem. I set STV to record the Super Bowl yesterday, and it didn't stop recording. It was still recording everything on ABC this morning. I had the same problem from Saturday night as well. I had set it to record a movie from DirecTv and it was continuing to record everything on that channel. Seems it only wants to stop recording a channel when it is set to record something on another channel. Then continues on from there. BTW using 4.1.3