SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Sage User

TV Picture Floats side to side in Window or Full Screen

I'm gaining ground on getting my system back to normal. I ran Sage 2.1 and original PVR-150 drivers since late 2004, and recently upgraded both (had to roll back to original PVR-150 drivers to resolve poor, shrill sound quality).

I was also getting the black screen requiring control alt delete each day that someone else mentioned - Not sure what resolved that (think it had to do with it kept recording until it filled up my hard drive then semi-crashed. I changed a Sage 4.1 setting and added a drive - problem is OK so far). Once I ran PVR Tweaker for Motion Blur, well, I'm getting there.

Anyways, most current issue needing help with as follows: With one exception (16:9 mode, no overscan) it doesn't matter what I do, the video image lazily (and not so lazily when set to 4:3) moves from left to right in my TV/PC monitor. Even if I choose "full" (I'm not using FSE, but I normally run in full screen - problem persists in windowed mode also) it leaves a little bit not filled (unless I overscan) which in either case it will scroll left to right and back which causes stutter (for lack of technical term) in my video playback. Please note this was not an issue with 2.1 (except for the blue line on left side).

Has anyone else run into this? Even with 16:9 if I try to use overscan to get rid of the blue line (any body know about this) on the left side, it starts the same scanning back and forth and back and forth left to right, slowly.

A little about my setup:
27" LCD HDTV/PC Monitor
VGA Connection from Asus Pundit-R
1280 x 720 resolution via Powerstrip
DirecTV Samsung HD STB into S-video PVR-150
Celeron-D, 2.4GHz, 512Mb Dual CHannel DDR
Sonic Decoder
Overlay

The STB is set for 16:9 TV and I keep it on "Full" because if I send it out PillarBoxed, it records it that way and stays there when you burn to DVD, so you can only watch it 4:3.

Thanks for any tips.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Do you have Video Orbiting set to something other than 0 in Detailed Setup?
Old 01-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Sage User

Thanks for that, Stanger.
I had set that to 1 minute during my 4.1 setup, evidently without knowing the function of that control.
When I saw "orbital" it prompted me to turn it on, as I did with my 42" plasma TV (in another room using DirecTivo, not Sage). Using it on the 42" Panasonic has no effect on viewing, but is supposed to help prevent screen burn. My understanding is the individual pixels are slightly orbited, undetectable to human eye.
Obviously a different story here.
Thanks again, not sure when (if ever) I would have checked that.

I'm wondering also, are there any general guidelines to address how my video has "overly white" whites. Colors are good but whites just seem too bright and take over on bright scenes (or even light on a persons forehead). I have contrast turned up a little, and brightness turned down.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:39 PM
SageTVaholic

http://users.mcleodusa.net/r/ratpac/..._contrast.html