SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-19-2006, 09:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

A few issues in V4.1 with watching live and recording + girder

Howdy guys. My setup is working beautifully, and I have been very happy with it, thanks to all who have been helping me along. However there are a few issues that are seriously hurting the WAF.

1) Girder loses "focus". I have girder setup to send windows messages, so the term "focus" is used loosly. But if Sage goes to standby on it's own, it appears that only the mouse and numbers work. The windows messaging commands to girder don't work, such as channel up etc. The numbers and mouse moves still work, but they are recieved directly by IRTrans, and don't get interpreted by girder. I know this is a girder question, but thought someone here might have some experience with this. I have not registered Girder yet because of this.

2) While watching LiveTV I had one tuner recording a Lost, while I was jumping around. Basically, I would watch Lost, then jump around when a commerical hit, then go back to Lost and ff through the commerical. This caused two anomalies.

2.a) Once, I ff to the end of the recorded stream which should have put me basically at LiveTV on Lost, and sage froze up. I couldn't send it any more commands. Task manager did NOT show it as "Not Responding", but the app was frozen. I had to kill the client. When I restarted, I had lost no part of Lost, but it was annoying to the wife none the less.

2.b) While watching Lost and jumping around during commericals, it built up a buffer of what I hadn't watched yet. It would pause when I left the recording channel and would resume when I came back. However, I noticed that it would jump around on the timeline. As an example, I was at 25.40 into Lost when I left the recording channel, when I came back, it was paused at 30.25. When I rewinded back to what I had last seen, it was at 21.33, so the original 25.40 it was reporting when I last left wasn't "correct"

I have no dirmon or comskip stuff enabled. I am pretty sure I have it on the Sage default decoder (I have an Nvidia one installed but don't think I am using it currently).

Any advice is greatly appriciated,
DwarF
Hauppauge 500 MCE, Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT SLI, Asus A8N-E, AMD 64 3200+ "Venice", 1Gig DDR 400, HP dvd740i, Seasonic 12 330, OrigenAE X11, Windows MCE remote, Duct tape
Old 01-19-2006, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarF
Howdy guys. My setup is working beautifully, and I have been very happy with it, thanks to all who have been helping me along. However there are a few issues that are seriously hurting the WAF.

1) Girder loses "focus". I have girder setup to send windows messages, so the term "focus" is used loosly. But if Sage goes to standby on it's own, it appears that only the mouse and numbers work. The windows messaging commands to girder don't work, such as channel up etc. The numbers and mouse moves still work, but they are recieved directly by IRTrans, and don't get interpreted by girder. I know this is a girder question, but thought someone here might have some experience with this. I have not registered Girder yet because of this.
You need to set the target to SageTV (not foreground window). See the Girder files on http://www.sage-community.org for examples.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Stanger89, I do (& did) have it configured to use windows messsages to SageTV, SageApp, Sage, and it appears to work, even when Sage is not the foreground app. Any other ideas?

When I look at the Girder event notification, it is not receiving them, so I don't think it is a Girder -> Sage problem, but a IRTrans -> Girder issue. The thing that makes it strange is that it only happens when Sage goes into standby on it's own (20 mins) but doesn't happen when I put Sage into standby. I have no screensaver or power options on the OS to shutdown disks or anything.
Hauppauge 500 MCE, Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT SLI, Asus A8N-E, AMD 64 3200+ "Venice", 1Gig DDR 400, HP dvd740i, Seasonic 12 330, OrigenAE X11, Windows MCE remote, Duct tape
Old 01-19-2006, 01:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Ah, I see. Unfortunately I don't have a clue on that end. I gather IRTrans doesn't have a girder plugin? How are you triggering girder events?
Old 01-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

There is a Girder plugin for IRTrans and an IRTrans plugin for Girder. I am using the IRTrans plugin for Girder