SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV server logs & hung SageTV service

So my SageTV server crapped out yesterday; service was still running, but all of the clients (including the 2 running on the server machine) displayed the "lost connectin to SageTV server" message. And 24 didn't record last night (damnit!!!).

Are there SageTV logs somewhere so that I can start looking to see WTF happened?

this is running on jdk 1.5.0_03 on win2k.

Thanks

-Justin
Old 01-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Administrator

If there are any SageTV logs, they would be named sagetv_0.txt (0-3, w/0 being most recent). There may also be java logs in the SageTV dir if tehre was a crash.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

In the SageTV directory? I've got none of those files; how do I turn on logging? Has anyone else had this type of crash?
Old 01-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Administrator

You can turn on logging via the debug_logging=TRUE property (exactly as shown).

I'm not sure what to say about the service still running, but not recording or talking to the clients. You're sure the service was running? ... unless it kept crashing & auto-restarting. If you get a better idea of what was happening, maybe tech suport would have ideas.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy

Man, this is now happening on my system daily. SageTV service just becomes unresponsive and all clients disconnect, but Service is still running. I haven't yet enabled logging, but will do so tonight. I don't know what the heck is up, but I'm becoming more and more tempted to drop back to 2.2.7. Anyone else having this problem? Could it be something with my wiz.bin?

Another thing I might try is dumping the service and just running SageTV with the UI, anybody have any guidance for migrating from SageTV Service to SageTV in app mode?

Here's my full system profile:
[Server]
SageTV 4.00 (service)
Win2k SP4, AMD Athlon XP 1800+, 512MB RAM
JDK 1.5.0_03
SagetTV 4.00 (client, running locally)
SageTV 4.00 w/MattJK's MVP mod (2nd client running locally for MVP, NOT Sage Extender)
DragonGlobal DirMon 0.2.3
DragonGlobal ShowAnalyzer (registered version) 0.5.10.155

-Justin