SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:39 AM
SageTVaholic

I would find the Webserver thread in the customizations forum and post this there where there is a better chance for neilm to see it. I use it on Windows and installed over my existing version so I don't know if the problem is also there.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnold View Post
Why is some of the Jar files are being left out of the webserver updates? after version 2.20
the nielm_sageutls.jar and nielm_sagexmlinfo.jar are not included with the 2.21 and 2.22 versions
It was a bug in my installer script -- and only 2.21 did not have those files, 2.22 was OK...
Old 06-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Sage User

Sucessful install on Ubuntu server 8.04

Hello all,
The install instructions for the webserver seem a little dated and confusing (to me). I've struggled with this twice, but I've just got it working so thought I'd jot down some notes which may help those on Linux, and me the next time I install! Here's what I did:
Stop sage server with $ sudo /opt/sagetv/server/./sagestop
-download the latest zipfile and copy to /opt/sagetv/server (there is no /opt/sagetv/server/app folder as quoted in the wiki install instructions)
-unzip with $ sudo unzip webserver_2_24.zip
This creates a directory /opt/sagetv/server/webserver and places some .jar files in the /opt/sagetv/server/JARs and /opt/sagetv/server/bin/JARs directories.
Some of the .jar files seem to be in the wrong place to unzip them with the following unzip command, so copy the contents of /opt/sagetv/server/bin/JARs to /opt/sagetv/server/JARs with:
$ sudo cp /opt/sagetv/server/bin/JARs/*.* /opt/sagetv/server/JARs/
-Change directory back to /opt/sagetv/server and execute:
$ sudo unzip JARs/nielm_sageutls.jar '*.class'
$ sudo unzip JARs/nielm_sagewebserver.jar '*.class' #note: the wiki says sudo unzip JARS/ -There is no JARS folder, this is a typo so ignore, use JARs.
$ sudo rm JARs/nielm_sageutls.jar JARs/nielm_sagewebserver.jar
Then edit /opt/sagetv/server/Sage.properties and add:
net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer
after the words: load_at_startup_runnable_classes=
You should also edit /opt/sagetv/server/webserver/realms.properties to alter the default user and password to your choice. There is a line:
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,sage:frey
"sage" is the default username and "frey" is the default password. Change these to nielm:god or sagetv:couchpotato or whatever you want.
Start sage with:
$ sudo /opt/sagetv/server/./startsage
and I think you should be up and running. Now you can check with http://localhost:8080/sage/Home, or in my case from another computer on the network using the IP address instead of 'localhost'.
I'm sorry in advance if I've forgotten a vital step, but I hope all this helps.
As a footnote, I suppose I could have just changed to folder /opt/sagetv/server/bin to run the command
$ sudo unzip JARs/nielm_sagewebserver.jar '*.class'

Perhaps nielm would let us know if thats a valid way of installing?

Last edited by steve909; 06-07-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: general tidying up