SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-16-2006, 12:47 PM

Profiles in EPG

Is it possible to create "profiles" similar to the DirecTV profiles to have separate guides with similar channels?

For example, create a profile named "Family" and list just the cartoon and kids channels, another named "Movies" and list just the HBO and Showtime channels, etc.

I do not have SageTV yet -- I am still looking for which way to go (Sage vs. Beyond) but, am leaning heavily toward Sage.

Thanks,
JC Haven
Old 01-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm a new user myself but from what I've read, it isn't possible with the default Sage configuration. It apparently was possible with the older version of Sage (2.2?) thru a plugin (Cayar's?) but that is not compatible with SageTV 4.x
Old 01-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

though i agree it would be nice...i think you'll find most people don't manually scroll though the guide very often. since you can go into search and find shows by category (like basketball), keywords, etc and then just setup favourites. The guide I find is for watching livetv, which I do maybe once every few months.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:53 AM
SageTVaholic

I am working on a plugin with this functionality copied from the Cayars 18E STV for SageTV 2.2.8. But converting what I have working now to a STVi is the killer. If I just replace the SageTV guide with the modified version I have will be easiest to do and that is what I'm planning on right now. But if I do this any other plugin that modifies "LiveTVGuide w/Optional Preview" will be broken if I do that. Not making any promises but I hope to be done in 1 week from this weekend.

What I do myself is group my channels by network provider like HBO/Cinemax, Showtime/TMC, Stars/Encore, HDTV etc. I'll try and post some screen shots tonight so that you can see what I have in mind and possibly see if it will be useful to you.

BobP.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah, I use to use Dishnetwork PVR and was use to the favorites feature. Up to 4 groups but since I've been using SageTV, I hardly scroll through the guide anymore. SageTV has a lot more features than Dishnetwork which feels like a service that is behind it's times compared to SageTV.
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 01-17-2006, 04:48 PM
SageTVaholic

As promised here are three screen shots. The first one is just a shot of the regular guide with a "Favorite Channel List" selected so the channel lineup is limited to just the 4 channels in the list.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/atta...1&d=1137537678

The second show how to select the different channel lists from the modified options menu.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/atta...2&d=1137537705

And the last shows the "Favorite Channel List" creation screen.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/atta...3&d=1137537720

Thoughts are welcome.

BobP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TVGuideScreen.JPG (54.3 KB, 417 views)
File Type: jpg TVGuideOptionsMenu.JPG (57.7 KB, 386 views)
File Type: jpg FavoriteChannelsMenu.JPG (50.4 KB, 374 views)
Old 01-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

however, being able to separate by tuner or sdtv vs hdtv makes a lot of sense to me. looks good bobp!