SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-14-2006, 09:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Issue with HD Playback of long files

I am having a problem with playback of HD files that are longer than 1 1/2 hours and before submitting a bug I want to see if anyone else is affected. At approx 1:26 into any live show the timeline no longer goes forward. Play still continues but I cannot forward or rewind the file. I do not think this effects files where recording is finished but live and nearly live is impacted. Is anyone else seeing this?

Lain
Old 01-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis
I am having a problem with playback of HD files that are longer than 1 1/2 hours and before submitting a bug I want to see if anyone else is affected. At approx 1:26 into any live show the timeline no longer goes forward. Play still continues but I cannot forward or rewind the file. I do not think this effects files where recording is finished but live and nearly live is impacted. Is anyone else seeing this?

Lain
Are you running the latest version? It's taken care of all the time related issues on my system.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, I am running the latest. This is really a minor issue. The only thing I have noticed it on is watching football. Where the problem occours, I just stop the game then start watching again (making sure that it is not recording in the background). Once I get live past the 1:26 mark everythings is Ok including FFWD and REW. I will continue to watch this to see if it is channel specific because it may be.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have noticed this exact same problem at appx 1:26. I believe it was the AFC game on 1/15.

I am using 4.0 because if I upgrade to anything newer FSE is broken badly.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis

Lain
Old 01-16-2006, 02:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hector,

Good! I am not the only one. I also saw this on the NFC game and on "24" afterwards so this is a bug not just a random glitch. I have submitted a bug report.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

I just got the same thing tonight at 1:26 on the golden globes. Had to switch to the SD Version. Happens with the latest beta
Old 01-17-2006, 07:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Same problem with "24" in HD at about 1:26 or so, I didn't pay attention to exactly when the problem occurred. As noted above, if I stop and restart playback, FF/RW work normally again.

cheers,
Dave
Old 01-17-2006, 09:17 AM
Sage Fanatic

I think I tried to stop and restart playback and I don't think that solved the problem. It might be because it was still recording.

My wife was annoyed so I wasn't going to play with it too much and can't be positve.

John
Old 01-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

any fix for this?

Just wondering if anyone else is still experiencing the time bar freeze problem. I've had this issue in 4.1.4, 4.1.5, and now 4.1.6, which I just installed. The freeze is at exactly 1:26:44, and as noted above, playback continues, but hitting FF/RW/pause takes you back to the 1:26:44 point.

Stop and restart cures the issue only if the recording is completed.

This will be an annoying problem during the Superbowl, for instance, when I'll be watching a few minutes behind real-time. I guess everyone watches the commercials, but still, if I wanted to check out a play again after 1:26:44, I'm going to have probs.

Anyone else still experiencing this?

cheers,
Dave