SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

is there any dvb-s pci card you could recomend£
Old 01-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielcab
is there any dvb-s pci card you could recomend£

I have the Twinhan 102 G which uses software encoding around $55-50 US or The Hauppage Nexus which is hardware encoding around $150-160 US

If you want HDTV with the Nexus you still have to run in sofware mode.

technazz
Old 01-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
I think, I have figured out how to combined the data for PPV and Zapit data It's so freaking easy ! we all were thinking like it was a hard task to do, but its so easy.

I'll be back later to write it down (testing it right now)
Old 01-21-2006, 06:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Awesome, come-one tell us how you did it?
Old 01-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Sage Expert

this was removed due to concern.

Last edited by Motofreak75; 03-14-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak75
oh it works but there a $hitload of editing to do
You're not kidding... I have been having a hard enough time just trying to get Demdeus plugin working. Kudos for figuring this out though, I am sure you put in several hours on this!
Old 01-23-2006, 07:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Seems a little to much for some PPV data.. nice work. I dont know if Ill go through with it but PPV data is like a nagging problem for WAF. Ill have to get to it sometime..

technazz
Old 01-23-2006, 08:09 AM
Sage Expert

and thats the problem, I"ve been using cory's xmltv plugin and that keeps the channel order from MT, its just that MT xml export from the MT doesnt have any categories listed in the xml files.

Prehaps someone can fool around with Corys XMLtv plugin to make it add more than one xml file at a time ?
Old 01-23-2006, 04:28 PM
Sage Icon

Or work with Demideus to make his awesome plugin do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak75
and thats the problem, I"ve been using cory's xmltv plugin and that keeps the channel order from MT, its just that MT xml export from the MT doesnt have any categories listed in the xml files.

Prehaps someone can fool around with Corys XMLtv plugin to make it add more than one xml file at a time ?

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Any updates on this?

Motofreak have you made anymore progress?
Old 02-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Sage Expert

I havent really made any progress but I have been able to merge two xmltv file together ( using TV_cat in xmltv.exe) but if there is two channels with the same id then the epgdata is fubar

I'm about to start on using Dom xml exporter and search in the DESC for certain words and make catagorys from then and prehaps get movie rattings for parently control . and will see how that turns out. (maybe within the next two weeks)

all I need is sometime away from my 20 month twins. then I'll work on it.

thanks
Old 02-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

You have a PM...
Old 02-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

I hate to do this because you guys have done so much already but this whole thing has got me going for a loop I'm paying great attention to detail right now...and I bet you never guessed but I have questions.I'm following Motofreaks instructions and although they are very good instructions i have a couple questions...again I'm sorry about asking to be spoonfed but I have tried this multiple times just to throw in the towel, today I am determined to make it work! I already know these q's are gonna be elementary so feel free to call me whatever name you like So, here goes.

1. I just finished weeding out all the channel doubles in the sage favs and now im wondering if i was supposed to do that for all channels? I got a bad feeling on this one.

2. Copy over the channel database to doms xml exporter-you mean the start integration+export tabs right?<---This question screams N00Bie

3. Are you guys putting in the 19000 channels too?<----Delete this question, hard to export to sage when MT doesn't get the data in the first place!

Again, sorry about breaking down here, but every time i read these threads i break out in a cold sweat! Also, thanks A MILLION for developing this workaround. Me and alot of others I'm sure are very excited about this!You guys Rock

-It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase...
-Deep Purple

Last edited by CarlG; 02-17-2006 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlG
I hate to do this because you guys have done so much already but this whole thing has got me going for a loop I'm paying great attention to detail right now...and I bet you never guessed but I have questions.I'm following Motofreaks instructions and although they are very good instructions i have a couple questions...again I'm sorry about asking to be spoonfed but I have tried this multiple times just to throw in the towel, today I am determined to make it work! I already know these q's are gonna be elementary so feel free to call me whatever name you like So, here goes.
No worries, I was feeling the same way a couple weeks ago, ask MotoFreak. Just turn the A/C down in your house and take a deep breath. I'll help you as much as I can.
Quote:
1. I just finished weeding out all the channel doubles in the sage favs and now im wondering if i was supposed to do that for all channels? I got a bad feeling on this one.
I'm not sure what you mean by this, unless you mean you were weeding out the channel doubles in the copy you made of the MT database. The only other weeding out I can think of is on the Zap2it site, you need to weed out the channels that you are going to receive EPG data from MT.

Wait, I think I know what you mean. If you have multiple programming providers, the easiest thing to do is leave one alone, and assign the others different channel numbers by adding a number in front of the original channel. I used 2, so anything from my second provider was reassigned to 2+original channel number (EG if the original was 187, the new channal is 2187). Do this for all channels from that provider(not just duplicates), it just makes things easier. You can do up to 9 different providers, so if you have a BUD you can use 3 for galaxy, 4 for pas-3, etc. You can make these chanes in MSAccess, just make sure you backup your channels.mdb before doing it.
Quote:
2. Copy over the channel database to doms xml exporter-you mean the start integration+export tabs right?<---This question screams N00Bie
Not exactly, what he means is, once you get your channels in the order you want (see above), then make a copy of that file and put it in the somewhere other than the MT directory. What I did is made an XMLTV directory under the MT directory and put Dorm's plugin and the copy of the channels.mdb there.

Quote:
3. Are you guys putting in the 19000 channels too?
I believe Sage will only tune up to 4 digit channel numbers.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
What i meant was I was deleting double channels in MT -SageTV Fav...as for my cable provider I'm gonna worry about those double #'s later (I believe that's what you meant).
No, what I meant was multiple providers on the same tuner. If you have duplicate channel numbers in MyTheatre you will need to mitigate that. What I meant by other providers is that if you had a channel 189 from one bird - say Galaxy 11, and channel 189 from another bird - say Pas3, you can leave one with the original channel number (189) but the other will need to be changed. The easiest way to change it, is to add a number in front of it, so make it like 2189, and if you want to use my script to create the channel id's, don't just change the duplicates, change all of the channels from the second bird.

Hope this makes sense.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Did you guys just let the exporter handle all the local channels in the 8000-9000 channels? I just spent what felt like FOREVER writing down all the channels that weren't coming through on the guide. What a PITA lol. I guess D*sh moving the channels around as much as they do isn't gonna help us out much is it hehe. Ah well, i spend way more time getting Sage lookin all sexy than i actually spend watching TV...It's fun as hell (except today, today's not as much fun )
I went ahead and sent you a PM so we don't clog up this thread with your problem...