SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Need Help, PPV (XMLTV) with Zap2it!!!!

Hi, I just purchased SageTV and have finally got it integrated with Mytheatre, I love Sage however, I'm having problems with getting the XMLTV to work well. Over at the Mytheatre forums they have been able to create an excellent XMLTV export that can export PPV and all other channels info. However I find the description lacking, thus I would like to use both Zap2it info and XMLTV (for PPV) and have a full EPG guide without any of the restrictions.

I was hopig that Lestor could possibly incorporate an XMLTV option into his plugin so that it can update PPV information from the stream with the Zap2it information for all other channels

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Old 01-13-2006, 06:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

any help?
Old 01-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
removed due to concerns

Last edited by Motofreak75; 03-14-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

thanks for the reply, I already have the xmltv exporter by dlpu, i've used various xmltv imporerters but I havent been able to integrate the info to be able to get all the info including 1st run and categorical searches as I do with the default with zap2it. So I was hoping I would be able to get the best of both worlds with a zap2it plugin and xmltv for the PPV.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:21 AM
Sage Expert

that plugin grabs all the info the sat providers have, it would be an easier world if all the birds above beamed down xmltv complaint epg signal, but they dont, I have been looking into finding another way of combining the xml data from zapit and from this plugin (so you can have catagories etc..) so stay tuned, I think when I have more time over the next few months I'll figure it out (or someone else)
Old 01-19-2006, 11:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak75
that plugin grabs all the info the sat providers have, it would be an easier world if all the birds above beamed down xmltv complaint epg signal, but they dont, I have been looking into finding another way of combining the xml data from zapit and from this plugin (so you can have catagories etc..) so stay tuned, I think when I have more time over the next few months I'll figure it out (or someone else)
That would be ideal.. there must be SOME way to import data and overwrite Sage's data for specific channels. I would love to use the Zap2it data for all the regular channels and then just overwrite the PPV channels with data from the XMLTV file.... is this what you're looking at doing?
Old 01-19-2006, 11:59 PM
Administrator

Are the PPV channels actually listed in the Zap2It data, just w/o any info? Disable those channels and...

You can combine 2 lineups for a single capture device input as long as they don't have any overlapping channels. So, if you can create XMLTV data for additional channels, I would think that you could set it up as an additional source that shares an input w/one using the Zap2It data. (hmmm... I didn't read everything above, so I don't know if I just repeated something.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Are the PPV channels actually listed in the Zap2It data, just w/o any info? Disable those channels and...

You can combine 2 lineups for a single capture device input as long as they don't have any overlapping channels. So, if you can create XMLTV data for additional channels, I would think that you could set it up as an additional source that shares an input w/one using the Zap2It data. (hmmm... I didn't read everything above, so I don't know if I just repeated something.)

- Andy
Holy Moly that would be amazing!

Yes the PPV channels are mapped, but they do not have any data. So are you saying we should add the tuners Twice e.g. one for each lineup?

I haven't found a way to make Sage use xmltv and its internal EPG at the same time. It seems like once you try to use the internal EPG service, Sage automatically disables the xmltv plugin.......
Old 01-20-2006, 12:09 AM
Administrator

Yeah, the idea would be to add the tuner twice: once for each lineup (that works for 2 lineups using the built-in data). But, I don't use XMLTV, so I have no idea whether this would work or how. I'll leave that as an extra credit exercise for someone else.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Yeah, the idea would be to add the tuner twice: once for each lineup (that works for 2 lineups using the built-in data). But, I don't use XMLTV, so I have no idea whether this would work or how. I'll leave that as an extra credit exercise for someone else.

- Andy
Just tried it... the problem is mixing and matching internal EPG data with external XMLTV data... its an either / or proposition as far as I can tell.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

We used to use a plugin from lester to import EPG data from Zap to it.http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=3916

Maybe we can configure it to Remove the PPV channels from EPG1 Lineup 1 and the remove the rest of the channels except PPV on EPG2 lineup 2. Then Import the XMLTV data into EPG2 lineup2. It may solve the mixing and matching problem. I wont be able to try it until the weekend.

Technazz
Old 01-20-2006, 10:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
We used to use a plugin from lester to import EPG data from Zap to it.http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=3916

Maybe we can configure it to Remove the PPV channels from EPG1 Lineup 1 and the remove the rest of the channels except PPV on EPG2 lineup 2. Then Import the XMLTV data into EPG2 lineup2. It may solve the mixing and matching problem. I wont be able to try it until the weekend.

Technazz
hmm good idea. In fact given what opus just said, we may in fact be able to use one of the multi-lineup xmltv plugins to do this.... eg grab XMLTV data from zap2it for all non PPV channels (e.g. Lineup1.xml) then use the export from XMLTVEPG for all PPV channels (e.g. Lineup2.xml). The ideal solution would be if Sage could use both XMLTV and its internal data simultaneously, but this seems like a no go right now.

The other problem (well that I have at least) is that Sage labels everything from an XMLTV source as first run. I *think* this may be solvable using Demideus xmltv plugin... his plugin is just kinda hard to setup, so I've had no joy yet on that front. I will definately try this as soon as I decipher how to get his plugin working.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Sorry, but I wasn't aware that XMLTV & built-in data sources can't be mixed. If you could keep all the data from the same source, I guess that would have to be the way to go.

- Andy
Old 01-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

so..... in on word... can sage tv be configured to reacieved ppv data?

yes or no?
Old 01-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielcab

yes or no?

if your using a pci card then yes, but if your dishnetwork STB then no. Sagetv uses Zapit for epg data and doesnt have any PPV data.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

yes or no?
Yes, if your source is a DVB card / tuner where you can access the EPG data directly.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

ok... im kind of noob in this matters and im tryin to learn everyting... im sorry to ask this, but there it comes... what is a DVB card? in noob words please? im connectin a external dish satellite reciever to a wintv 350 using the composite cables, and im tuning channels with a usb-uirt.....
Old 01-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Sage Expert

so your using a pansat2700 to get dish uh? I hope you have the 140bin installed. But that talk isnt allowed on here.

About what you asked. DVB card is the same as your stb, just all software controlled and you can change anything you want without waiting for someone to release a bin file etc.. just dont hook up a switch to a dvb-s, I think over 75% of people are having trouble using switches (that all I ever read about it in dvb forums)

Last edited by Motofreak75; 01-20-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

you got me

Can i use sagetv to control a dvb card only? without the wintv 350 card? does it have a good resolution like with an external stb and a wintv card?
Old 01-21-2006, 08:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
you got me

Can i use sagetv to control a dvb card only? without the wintv 350 card? does it have a good resolution like with an external stb and a wintv card?

Its a PCI or USB card that can tune directly to the Satillite signal. No need for a STB. There is also DVB-T (OTA Antenna) DVB-S (Sat) DVB-C (Cable).

Most time you have to use an external program Like My Theatre to control the DVB card and then via network encoder you can record and control the channels with SageTV with several plugin.

I have Dishnetwork on DVB-S, Local Cable on A PVR-250, And OTA HD with my ATI card.

technazz